PDA

View Full Version : Google Bomb for "Ron Paul Revolution"

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
If you feel that the Ron Paul Official website at http://www.RonPaul2008.com should be the first page that comes up for the search "Ron Paul Revolution" please add this code to your blogs, profiles, forum signatures, etc.

Don't googlebomb please

Because this code links to the http://www.RonPaul2008.com website with the text "Ron Paul Revolution" it will drive the site up in the search results until eventually it is in the #1 position. The more links the faster it gets to #1.

Thank you!

UPDATE

Someone took out my code. See Red above. Ron Paul is already at #5 for "Ron Paul Revolution" because of our efforts.

Here is the code:

<h1 style="font-size:12pt; font-weight:normal"><a href="http://www.RonPaul2008" title="Ron Paul Revolution" >Ron Paul Revolution</a></h1>

If whoever orginally took the code away this still mistakenly thinks what I am recommending is a bad thing please read the full thread and if after that you still think this is a bad thing contact me. Please do not take away my code.

mdh
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
"Google bombing" is a good way to get not only your site, but the official campaign site, bumped down in pagerank for violations. Please do not.

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 09:43 AM
"Google bombing" is a good way to get not only your site, but the official campaign site, bumped down in pagerank for violations. Please do not.

No it is not. This would make google more accurate. Ron Pauls website should be the first result. It will not get a penalty. The assertion that it would effect the main site is also wrong. Did the white house site get driven down in search results when they google bombed it as 'miserable failure'? What control does a webmaster have over how people link to their site? This cannot be used to bring a site down. That's incorrect.

Santana28
07-17-2007, 09:46 AM
and not to mention giving the people that wrote the slam article that accused ron paul supporters of "google bombing" already ammunition behind their currently baseless accusations.

besides, its unneeded. if people are looking for him they will find him.

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
and not to mention giving the people that wrote the slam article that accused ron paul supporters of "google bombing" already ammunition behind their currently baseless accusations.

besides, its unneeded. if people are looking for him they will find him.

Google bombing to make ron pauls website #1 for the search term "Ron Paul Revolution" gives people ammo to say Ron Paul supporters are bad? Go ahead and search for "Ron Paul Revolution" in google and tell me what page of the results you see his website on.

damijin
07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Google bombing is NEVER an acceptable way to change the results of the search engine! Shame shame shame.

If you have a problem with the results for "Ron Paul Revolution", contact the site owners of the top results and ask time to change their site to feature a link to Ron Paul's official page more prominently.

drinkbleach
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Google bombing to make ron pauls website #1 for the search term "Ron Paul Revolution" gives people ammo to say Ron Paul supporters are bad? Go ahead and search for "Ron Paul Revolution" in google and tell me what page of the results you see his website on.

Has a Rudy McRomney supporter has infiltrated this site?

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Google bombing is NEVER an acceptable way to change the results of the search engine! Shame shame shame.

If you have a problem with the results for "Ron Paul Revolution", contact the site owners of the top results and ask time to change their site to feature a link to Ron Paul's official page more prominently.

Would you say throwing someone elses Tea shipment in the Boston Harbor is never an acceptable way to win your freedoms?
Its fine to state opposition, but I don't see it as unpatriotic... and it could be beneficial. I keep my mind open to all posibilities to gain an edge in an already rigged campaign game.

Noodles
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Torch, if you do run for office, I would like to help in any way possible. Keep us informed.

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 11:11 AM

We already tried that. Had a big thread in here about it. They still won't make the site indicate that Ron Paul is running for president so thats not going to work.

Has a Rudy McRomney supporter has infiltrated this site?

You mean because I want Ron Paul to appear as number 1 for this I am a traitor?

If you guys honestly think a few hundred people linking to Ron Paul with the linking code above is going to hurt him you don't know what you are talking about. It cannot hurt him because webmasters cannot be punished for how people link to you. I know this- I study SEO. Type in "music promotion" in google. That's my site. #1. Same for "music publicity". I know you guys mean well but I know what I'm talking about. ok?

The WORST that could happen is they would penalize him for this one search term. But that won't happen because the bomb would improve accuracy (he SHOULD be #1 for "Ron Paul Revolution") AND because it doesn't matter anyway- he is nowhere to be found for this search. Not even in the first 10 pages. So we can only move forward and upward.

If you are an expert in SEO and search engines please show me where a google bomb making a site more accurate has ever effected that sites ranking for any other search terms.

As far as infiltrators go.. I would think that when they see a good idea they will make sure they try to put it down and confuse the logic with half truths and general assumptions.

Sematary
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with linking to the official site using Ron Paul Revolution as the link text. Page ranking is based on links.

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Torch, if you do run for office, I would like to help in any way possible. Keep us informed.

I will probably by running again in 2008 aginst Rodney Alexander. I could also use my campaign to Promote Ron Paul to the 5th congressional district here in louisiana. You can be certain that I will post a call for help on this forum!

drinkbleach
07-17-2007, 11:36 AM
If you feel that the Ron Paul Official website at http://www.RonPaul2008.com should be the first page that comes up for the search "Ron Paul Revolution" please add this code to your blogs, profiles, forum signatures, etc.

Don't googlebomb please

Because this code links to the http://www.RonPaul2008.com website with the text "Ron Paul Revolution" it will drive the site up in the search results until eventually it is in the #1 position. The more links the faster it gets to #1.

Thank you!

I think it's interesting that even after cujokitten stated "Don't googlebomb please" in your opening thread you continue to insist that we do so. What am I suppose to think?

Sword, I'm just gonna say it. Are you on the staffer or volunteer for another candidate?

Noodles
07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Torch, my wife used to work in River Ridge at Elmwood Fitness Center until 1999. :)

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Torch, my wife used to work in River Ridge at Elmwood Fitness Center until 1999. :)

What? I lived real close to Elmwood. In fact, i worked at the applebees that was in the parking lot of Elmwood off of Clearview. I was in the Creeks apartments off of dickory. I took citrus to work everyday. Man, I miss those new orleans Daiquiris !

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
@Noodles, what kind of help could you provide my campaign? What i need most is fundraising... and I'll be running against an incumbent republican, but he is a neo-con crook. in fact, he was a democrat who changed to republican just to win.

Noodles
07-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm new to political campaigns. I would of course contribute financially as much as I could afford. Other than that, I'd be willing to write letters to pharmacists and other medical professionals in your district, drive to fundraisers, and generally whatever you needed help with as time permitted. I have 2 small children and a full-time job, but I strongly feel that we must get people elected who are in the Ron Paul camp. In fact, I am contemplating a run in Mississippi.

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I think it's interesting that even after cujokitten stated "Don't googlebomb please" in your opening thread you continue to insist that we do so. What am I suppose to think?

Sword, I'm just gonna say it. Are you on the staffer or volunteer for another candidate?

That's the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. I started this thread to make the googlebomb happen. because someone else says please don't do something I have to agree? Did you not read my thread? This is my area of expertise. You are the one picking fights and making false accusations. I am merely trying to get Ron Pauls site at number 1 for this search term. The fact that you accuse me when this is all I am trying to do makes me think.. well..

drinkbleach, I'm just gonna say it. Are you on the staffer or volunteer for another candidate?

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
That kind of help would be perfect!!!!!!!! Getting the backing of the doctors could potentially give my the funds i need to be at least competitive.
I should start getting my ducks in a row and start fundraising... the problem i will have is that i am not an accountant... and if i start fundraising now... i will have to report at years end... that will suck if i can't get a treasurer on board.

drinkbleach
07-17-2007, 12:25 PM
That's the stupidest thing I've heard in my life. I started this thread to make the googlebomb happen. because someone else says please don't do something I have to agree? Did you not read my thread? This is my area of expertise. You are the one picking fights and making false accusations. I am merely trying to get Ron Pauls site at number 1 for this search term. The fact that you accuse me when this is all I am trying to do makes me think.. well..

drinkbleach, I'm just gonna say it. Are you on the staffer or volunteer for another candidate?

I'm not accusing you of anything. Re-read my post please. I am asking a question, and the fact that you are advocating taking an action that will hurt Ron Paul is what led me to ask that question. If I've done something that will hurt Ron Paul's campaign, then by all means make me aware of such action.

SwordOfShannarah
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm not accusing you of anything. Re-read my post please. I am asking a question, and the fact that you are advocating taking an action that will hurt Ron Paul is what led me to ask that question. If I've done something that will hurt Ron Paul's campaign, then by all means make me aware of such action.

Ok but you have your facts wrong. I am not advocating something that will hurt Ron Paul. I am confident that if you research this subject you will learn the truth.

When I market my musicSUBMIT site (and to this day) I give everyone of my musicians the SAME link code to link to my site. That is also a "googlebomb" if you want to call it that. I am #1 for "music promotion" which is the text they link to me with.

See the code I offer everyone for yourself-

http://www.musicsubmit.com/a/ResourceLinks.cfm

then search for music promotion and tell me who you see as the #1 result. So "googlebombing" really doesn't mean anything, it's just a catchword. Links like this do not hurt a site- they help it.

I'm sorry if I came on strong in my response to you, but between this thread and the other thread I've never met so much resistance in my life for making a much needed and correct suggestion for improvement. It's almost baffling. Its not you really- it was the other thread that I am confounded by. But please don't accuse people of things like that willy nilly (As RP would say ;). That's all I ask- thanks.

nayjevin
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Ron Paul Revolution (http://www.ronpaul2008.com)

Roxi
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
ok im confused, i know almost nothing about hotlinks and keywords or whatever...are we supposed to be typing "ron paul revolution" or "googleb0mb" in our blogs, sites, posts whatever...and either way how will this help get the official site as number one?
i also have no idea what a googleb0mb is.... im not sure how much i like even typing the word b0mb in anything that will show up on a search though (yes i know im a dork)

Jarrod
07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Ha,

This whole thread was a hoot, considering I own a link building company.

It's too bad "anchor text optimization" has gotten such a bad name as "GoogleBombing".

There is nothing wrong with trying to rank your own site for a keyword it is related too by optimizing the link text of your incoming links, it does get a bit hairy when it is someone else's site. Not that I disapprove of RonPaul2008.com ranking for "Ron Paul Revolution"....

...But there are a lot of people who do not understand Link building/SEO, or even worse, think it is evil...and with a name like "bombing", it's easy fodder for the opposition and probably best if we keep our distance from using the term.

berkeleybound
07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, "anchor text optimization" is the right word for it.

And guys, keep up the good work!! The official site is #4 now on the search list.

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Ron Paul Revolution (http://www.ronpaul2008.com)

ok im confused, i know almost nothing about hotlinks and keywords or whatever...are we supposed to be typing "ron paul revolution" or "googleb0mb" in our blogs, sites, posts whatever...and either way how will this help get the official site as number one?
i also have no idea what a googleb0mb is.... im not sure how much i like even typing the word b0mb in anything that will show up on a search though (yes i know im a dork)

Like NJ did...

The link goes to www.ronpaul2008.com

The text of the link is Ron Paul Revolution

And this gets the official site to #1 on the Google search results because that is how the Google web crawler works. The more something is linked to by a certain term, the higher that linked website appears when searching for that term.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 03:59 PM
uh..... what is a "google bomb"? :o

Roxi
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
OOOOHHH i see, and how do you get words to direct to a link?

nayjevin
07-20-2007, 06:04 PM
how do you get words to direct to a link?

<a href="http://www.ronpaul2008.com">Ron Paul Revolution</a>

orenbus
07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
there is nothing wrong with this technique, just another
tool in the guerilla marketing and search engine
optimization arsenal. (hat tip for the idea)

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
<a href="http://www.ronpaul2008.com">Ron Paul Revolution</a>

Best code to use is this:

<h1 style="font-size:12pt; font-weight:normal"><a href="http://www.RonPaul2008.com" title="Ron Paul Revolution" >Ron Paul Revolution</a>
</h1>

Roxi
07-20-2007, 06:21 PM
k thx

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
uh..... what is a "google bomb"? :o

Google bombing is when there is an organized effort to use certain phrases in the anchor text (the word[s] you read and click) for a certain web address (where the link takes you).

Past examples of this:
"Miserable Failure" - whitehouse.gov bio of GWB
"waffles" - bio of John Kerry or something Kerry related
"most honest politician" - bring up a Ron Paul site

The effort being made here, as many people are using RPR banners that don't have the official campaign web address, is to create enough links on the internet that when an unPaulified web user Googles "Ron Paul Revolution" to find out just what the heck it is, they get directed to the official campaign website.

Edit:
The problem with this is if Google catches on, they'll remove the errant search result and block it from their programming. I doubt, however, that Google would remove as a result a legitimate Ron Paul website--in particular his official campaign website--from a well-associated campaign slogan.

SwordOfShannarah
07-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah once again I present an idea from a confusing angle. Sorry about that. I need to work on it. I should never have used the term googlebomb- its not even accurate to what I wanted us to do. I just wasn't thinking in terms of how people would react, I think I just like the word and wanted to use it.

Anyway I can't believe we're already up to #5. That's great.

..And I can't believe the moderators of this site had the audacity to take out my code and not even contact me about it. I just noticed now. NOT COOL. Come on guys. A little communication first would be appreciated. :cool:

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah once again I present an idea from a confusing angle. Sorry about that. I need to work on it. I should never have used the term googlebomb- its not even accurate to what I wanted us to do. I just wasn't thinking in terms of how people would react, I think I just like the word and wanted to use it.

Anyway I can't believe we're already up to #5. That's great.

..And I can't believe the moderators of this site had the audacity to take out my code and not even contact me about it. I just noticed now. NOT COOL. Come on guys. A little communication first would be appreciated. :cool:

Well, that's more my fault more than yours.

I do think I was the one that called it that out of habit when I initially gave the idea in the other thread. Mea culpa. :o

Oddly enough, my results don't show it as #4 or 5... maybe it's because I quotations for my search?

SwordOfShannarah
07-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Hmmm- with google I get him at #5 either way. Maybe the new rankings update hasn't settled yet.

empirenine
07-20-2007, 07:55 PM
By no means is the original idea in this thread BAD. It is completely legitimate and I have changed links on my other sites.

I have been working with SEO for more than 4 years, and this is an action that has only good consequences. JUST FYI.

berkeleybound
07-21-2007, 12:25 AM
The problem with this is if Google catches on, they'll remove the errant search result and block it from their programming. I doubt, however, that Google would remove as a result a legitimate Ron Paul website--in particular his official campaign website--from a well-associated campaign slogan.

That's not true. Google has previously stated that they will not change search results to remove this type of optimization. HOWEVER, they did change their algorithm so that if the words in question do not actually appear on the linked page, then it will not be highly ranked.

foofighter20x
07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
That's not true. Google has previously stated that they will not change search results to remove this type of optimization. HOWEVER, they did change their algorithm so that if the words in question do not actually appear on the linked page, then it will not be highly ranked.

Thanks for clarifying... :D I was speaking off of old data and assumptions there. :o

foofighter20x
07-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmmm- with google I get him at #5 either way. Maybe the new rankings update hasn't settled yet.

Oops! Stupid me... my internet cache was set WAY high... :o

largo
07-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm new to political campaigns. I would of course contribute financially as much as I could afford. Other than that, I'd be willing to write letters to pharmacists and other medical professionals in your district, drive to fundraisers, and generally whatever you needed help with as time permitted. I have 2 small children and a full-time job, but I strongly feel that we must get people elected who are in the Ron Paul camp. In fact, I am contemplating a run in Mississippi.

THANKS Noodles...:cool:

YOUR dedication IS the very vehicle that will make the RP campaign into a Total Success!!!

PLEASE all of you who have a THOUGHT to Join as a RP influenced

politician...Please, please DO....
as this will help in the LONG run as well...

Just a THOUGHT...

Largo

Kuldebar
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
But, who came up with the slogan, "Ron Paul Revolution"?

Kind of a shame to act like an Obama and steal the thunder, and credit for such an awesome identifier.