PDA

View Full Version : A New America

RoyalTenenbaum
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
You all probably saw this, but Michael Rozeff over at Lew Rockwell came up with a brilliant way to speak about Paul's campaign in his New America blog post:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018238.html

He sets up a list and talks about what a Failing America does and then says what a New America would do. He admits that it could be fleshed out, but I think he is really onto something for this reason:

Ron Paul's ideas sound crazy at first.

One of earliest Ron Paul videos I saw had the scene from the Matrix where Neo is offered the red pill and the blue pill. Remember that one? It was from the early Ron Paul Revolution Banner video with The Who playing. That's really what it feels like to be exposed to these ideas - they are so different from what you're used to, that you tend to think they're crazy.

The revolution should not shy away from that fact. In fact, I wish that one of Ron Paul's most commonly used phrases was, "Now I know this sounds crazy, but let me explain."

A way to spin the this positively is to speak of A New America. Iowa made clear that we're all ready for a big change. People know something is wrong. They already want a New America. They, unfortunately, think that Obama or Huckabee would give it to them. However, we support the only candidate who is really offering change! We should make this theme our own, write it up well, and spread it wherever possible by effective means.