PDA

View Full Version : Our Five Biggest Enemies

coboman
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I am not posting this to initiate a flame war, or to demoralize anyone.
But to become self critical in a time where we need change if we are to win this thing.

I consider our biggest enemies to be these 5 beliefs:

1) The grassroots can win this on its own.

2) The polls are not accurate.

3) The Official campaign knows what it is doing, and has a secret plan.

4) A coordination between the grassroots and the official campaign is wrong / useless / illegal

5) The lack of exposure on MSM is a conspiracy, and has nothing to do with the incompetence of the PR of the official campaign.

Now, if you believe any of these, I invite you to think for a second: Really?

Belief 1. The grassroots can win this on its own. Really? Then how come other official campaigns won by far in Iowa. How come in our biggest grassroots effort, NH, we are trailing badly on the polls?

Belief 2. The polls are not accurate. Really? Then how do you explain the uncanny prediction in Iowa?

Belief 3. The Official campaign knows what it is doing, and has a secret plan. Really? When will this plan come to effect? If they know what they are doing, why did we loose Iowa and are polling so bad in NH?

Belief 4. A coordination between the grassroots and the official campaign is wrong / useless / illegal. Really? Then why are other, more effective campaigns doing it?

Belief 5. The lack of exposure on MSM is a conspiracy, and has nothing to do with the incompetence of the PR of the official campaign. Really? ...Really? If you believe this, then there is nothing we can do to increase exposure. If you question this, we could pressure HQ to hire an effective PR firm that will get more airtime.

Another, less popular belief is that we can win as a third party. Really? You think it will be easier to get 50+ million to win a general election, than it would be to get less than 1 million votes to win the primary?

REALLY?

Naraku
01-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Then how do you explain the uncanny prediction in Iowa?

It was uncanny. Uncannily wrong. Were you watching the polls? Two of them gave us 10%, but got everyone else wrong. I can only say this was a matter of turnout.

coboman
01-05-2008, 10:04 AM
It was uncanny. Uncannily wrong. Were you watching the polls? Two of them gave us 10%, but got everyone else wrong. I can only say this was a matter of turnout.
Zogby poll gave us 10% in Iowa. They were dead on.

Zogby poll is now giving us 7% in NH.

To finish 3rd, we would have to be more than 13%. That is an error of 6%+, from a company that had less than 1% error for each candidate in Iowa.