PDA

View Full Version : Folks it really is this easy(some good inspiration for ya:)

arkana
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
A buddy of mine told me about Ron Paul. I read, researched, and became inspired. There's one vote.

I told my brother, he loved Ron Paul after the first youtube video, he was easy. There's two votes..

My mom, the hardcore environmentalist she is, was a little harder.

But I told her how much greenhouse gases would be saved pulling out of Iraq and other countries and she's now onboard as well. Not to mention she said "he's just so honest, you trust he'll make the right decisions." Currently waiting till after the early primaries to donate:o. There's three votes.

My dad, a doctor, doesn't want to throw his vote away. "Dad you can't throw away a vote in the primary". "The primaries are the perfect time to vote for the longshot." He likes him and will vote Feb. 5th. There's four votes.

I have two party animal friends that are quite successful in running their own businesses, but not so much into politics. One has never voted, the other votes Democrat in presidential elections. All they needed to hear, no income tax. One registered today, their both voting for Ron Paul.
There's six votes.

Turns out another buddy of mine likes Ron Paul too, but he's too lazy to vote. I'm gonna buy him some beer and take him to vote on Feb. 5th. There's 7 votes.

My girlfriend is about to put a Ron Paul sign in her yard. She'd never heard of him before me. There's 8 votes.

I became a supporter December 11th. Keep talking to your friends and people you can influence, this shit is spreading.

Wooohooo!!!

Grandson of Liberty
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
this is how we win.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Yep, it's that easy. What you need now is for your 8 votes to get just another 8 votes. This would go nuts.

defcreative
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Right on, straight forward but this is how we win people.

MarcMadness
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

I have converted 4 or 5 new people in the past few days, just with a mention of taxes and then a youtube video.

I've been calling in favors, people that aren't into politics, don't wanna hear it , but trust ME AS A FRIEND, and will do ME the favor of coming and voting, and I'll buy them a beer afterwards.

Leave no stone unturned. Every conversation can turn into a Ron Paul conversation.

Keep it up. We beat AMERICA'S MAYOR for Pete's sake!

Don't you know it's only just beginning?

LivingFree
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Spreading the message is how we win, not smearing someone else.

brandon
01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Excellent. Rated 5 stars

AdoubleR
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
A buddy of mine told me about Ron Paul. I read, researched, and became inspired. There's one vote.

I told my brother, he loved Ron Paul after the first youtube video, he was easy. There's two votes..

But I told her how much greenhouse gases would be saved pulling out of Iraq and other countries and she's now onboard as well. Not to mention she said "he's just so honest, you trust he'll make the right decisions." Currently waiting till after the early primaries to donate:o. There's three votes.

My dad, a doctor, doesn't want to throw his vote away. "Dad you can't throw away a vote in the primary". "The primaries are the perfect time to vote for the longshot." He likes him and will vote Feb. 5th. There's four votes.

I have two party animal friends that are quite successful in running their own businesses, but not so much into politics. One has never voted, the other votes Democrat in presidential elections. All they needed to hear, no income tax. One registered today, their both voting for Ron Paul.
There's six votes.

Turns out another buddy of mine likes Ron Paul too, but he's too lazy to vote. I'm gonna buy him some beer and take him to vote on Feb. 5th. There's 7 votes.

My girlfriend is about to put a Ron Paul sign in her yard. She'd never heard of him before me. There's 8 votes.

I became a supporter December 11th. Keep talking to your friends and people you can influence, this shit is spreading.

Wooohooo!!!

U Rock!

TwiLeXia
01-04-2008, 04:24 PM
It's that easy!! XD

arkana
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I honest to God just got off the phone with another buddy. I first asked if he was registered to vote, he said yes.

Then I said 'Have you heard of Ron Paul" not knowing what to expect.

His reply "Oh yeah!". "He's awesome I just don't know how much support he has."

A few minutes and a blimp comment later and now he's voting Feb 5th too!!

There's nine votes!

Janet0116
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
My personal tally is up to 5 (that I know about) and I actually have them coming to meetup meetings and participating in boots on the ground operations. Talking DOES work!!

Stealth4
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM

There's six votes.

Wooohooo!!!

Great Job!

Not to dimish your accomplishments at all) But please do keep checking back with those folks, sometimes people can be swayed over easy, but then just as easy they can be swayed the other way (i.e. they hear about earmarks from the media, or the racism allegation). Therefore we need to check back with people and answer any other questions, keep their support.

RoyalShock
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Wait just one second!

Romney buying straw-poll votes is evil.

But it's okay to buy primary votes with a beer?

I am being kinda silly, but at the same time I am being half-serious.

Patrick_Henry
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM

My girlfriend won't budge. She's stuck up on the whole nazis supporters. She's going into broadcasting and believes Ron Paul should bend to the whims of the media by returning the $500.

arkana
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Wait just one second!

Romney buying straw-poll votes is evil.

But it's okay to buy primary votes with a beer?

I am being kinda silly, but at the same time I am being half-serious.

I was being half serious as well. He's my friend and already a supporter, he just needs a nudge. He'll do it whether I buy beer or not.

Besides it's a good excuse to drink:)

rollingpig
01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
i love this post

michaelwise
01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
My girlfriend won't budge. She's stuck up on the whole nazis supporters. She's going into broadcasting and believes Ron Paul should bend to the whims of the media by returning the $500.I'd personally rather see him burn that money, literally, rather than return it.

Mark
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM

There's six votes.

Wooohooo!!!

Thanks!! Good Work Patriot! Read and LEARN people!

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Turns out another buddy of mine likes Ron Paul too, but he's too lazy to vote. I'm gonna buy him some beer and take him to vote on Feb. 5th.

NH PLAN

Put some relationships on the line. Stress to close apathetic friends/family how much this means to you (Its not like you're lying you're here right). All your asking is for one day of their time.

How many times have they dragged you to bad films and such. They owe you.

(If they agree to do it for you make sure they are registered and make sure you drag them the to the polling place when the time comes)

If every NH Ron Paul supporter brought 3 people into the primary who were never going to vote for anyone in the first place, we QUADRUPLE OUR EXPECTED TURNOUT!

Lets get this viral. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3. You and the extra 3.....

Note:I'm not saying to to try and convert your 100% neocon father or your 100% liberal activist sister. Everyone has family members or friends that are apathetic and might do this one time only thing because you show them how important this is to you.

Bring the waterworks if you have to.
Promise them a huge party or something, we can do this!

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM

There's six votes.

Wooohooo!!!

Tell us what you did, how you went about it.

ronpaulfollower999
01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
My tally is up to 4.
By next week I hope for it to be 104. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=818801&posted=1#post818801

arkana
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Tell us what you did, how you went about it.

I just asked them what issues were important to them.

Then addressed them accordingly.

He's a complicated candidate for some people to wrap their minds around. But once it happens, people are hooked.

Start every conversation about Dr. Paul by asking what main issues are important to them.

My mom didn't give a shit about leaving military bases in Germany or the government overspending.

She did care about the impact the status quo would continue to have on the environment.

Find the issues important to people and they will open up.

Honestly I wish selling in business were this easy. We're selling an awesome product people!!:)

kutibah
01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm currently at 6 or 7 votes of people I know plus the hundreds of slim jims I've handed out at Rallys.