PDA

View Full Version : Why the blimp is worth it's weight in gold

arkana
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
It has a call to action.

Before I was a Ron Paul supporter I saw dozens of signs for the 'revolution'.

I still didn't do anything though.

It wasn't someone actually told me to really look that I found out what a kickass candidate he is.

Now I'm hardcore and have recruited 15 others.

The Blimp asks people to 'Google' Ron Paul.

This is a call to action and one of only ways anything gets done or sold in this world is when you call people to act, to actually do something.

Tens of thousands of people are getting called to act by the blimp.

Next time you make a sign or talk to someone. Ask them to take action too.

How many people can you ask to do something(read, listen, etc.) this weekend?

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Gold is worth a lot :D

disciple
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Welcome Arkana and thank you for your efforts; I too think that the Blimp was a great idea.

arkana
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks, just want to keep getting the word out. I think momentum is still picking up, it's easy to get overoptimistic hanging out with hardcore Paul supporters like ourselves.

I just converted and registered another one this morning!

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
That's what we need ACTION!!!

The problem is getting people to ACT

mavtek
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Considering it's actually lighter than air..............

Huhm, nevermind.

TwiLeXia
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Call ALL your friends and tell them to do you a favor. GOOGLE RON PAUL! Find out who this guy is!!

Stealth4
01-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Well thats not saying much as the blimp is lighter than air!

NerveShocker
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah the blimp is definitely effective I think Rudy can forget about Florida being his savior. Remember guys we saved the blimp barely but if we don't keep at least some attention on it we will be back in the same spot. Trying to get funds last minute. The blimp has paid for itself many times over in free media exposure (Some national but mostly local news stories). It's the symbol of our revolution and I know we have a lot on our minds but we can't forget the blimp.

Help save the Ron Paul Blimp. Details at www.RonPaulBlimp.com

arkana
01-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Well thats not saying much as the blimp is lighter than air!

Touche:). I wonder how much it really is worth in gold:).

Everyone, get people to act not just read the signs. People want to do something, they just need to be steered in the right direction.

LivingFree
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Considering it's actually lighter than air..............

Huhm, nevermind.

Exactly what I was thinking :)

The blimp is pimp!

Support it and it'll pay dividends.

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Why the blimp is worth it's weight in gold

Technically, the blimp is lighter than air. Thats how blimps fly. :p

Edited to add: I was just having fun pointing out that fact. Im a BIG blimp supporter and I say we need TWO blimps: one on each COASTLINE :)

arkana
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Technically, the blimp is lighter than air. Thats how blimps fly. :p

Edited to add: I was just having fun pointing out that fact. Im a BIG blimp supporter and I say we need TWO blimps: one on each COASTLINE :)

Seriously, I'm retarded:)...I guess I meant how much it weighed when it wasn't filled with helium:).

bucfish
01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Bump for the blimp and pleasse we need money for www.ronpaulairforce.com to fly banners over NH bEFORE THE pRIMARY

Richandler
01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Isn't the blimp just an exaggerated form of sign waving. Sign waving does not get voters. The money would be better spent on door to door slim jim hand outs. Just my observation. The blimp does very well to reinforce the good feelings of committed voters. But the cost/benefit ratio is horrible.

Cleaner44
01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Having a CALL TO ACTION is huge.

texasliberty
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Isn't the blimp just an exaggerated form of sign waving. Sign waving does not get voters. The money would be better spent on door to door slim jim hand outs. Just my observation. The blimp does very well to reinforce the good feelings of committed voters. But the cost/benefit ratio is horrible.

It's true we need a multifaceted approach to get voters, and nothing replaces boots on the ground. But every political campaign since political campaigns were invented has been using signs, and I'm pretty sure they don't all do it just to make their campaign workers feel good, and they jump on any new advertising media (radio, TV, web, now blimp), so I'd guess that advertising is not quite as ineffective as you think :)

With respect to the cost/benefit ratio for the Blimp, it is most certainly not horrible, and I can say that with some authority as we track as much of the media coverage as we can on the media value thread in the Blimp forum and calculate its estimated value daily. Here's today's values, for reference. This is just the earned media; the direct advertising value of the Blimp itself is known to be $350k/month. [Trevor has extrapolated these numbers to a full air-month and expects the total return to be over 600% ($6 of total media value gained for every $1 spent); we'll see how it holds out over the month]. But as of today, the Blimp had generated these earned media stats:

---- Media Reports ----
361 total media reports
Of those,
16 were TV
195 were non-TV major media
150 were blogs or internet mentions

---- Sources ----
176 total separate media sources
Of those,
8 were TV
115 were non-TV major media
53 were blogs or internet sources

---- Estimated Value ----
Using an estimated average major media value of $2500
and an estimated blog mention value of $100,
and an estimated cost of:
$20000 for a 30 second prime-time FOX TV ad ($3500 non-prime-time)
$30000 for a 30 second prime-time CNN TV ad ($6500 non-prime-time)
$2400 for a 30 second general prime-time TV ad ($600 non-prime-time)
(reference: NY Times, see http://tinyurl.com/2zb9lx)
Estimated TV media value: $153266
(CNN: $122633, Fox: $13333, other: $17300)
[CNN airtime secs: 0 primetime, 566 non-prime-time]
[FOX airtime secs: 20 primetime, 0 non-prime-time]
[Other airtime secs: 0 primetime, 865 non-prime-time]
Estimated non-TV major media value: $487500
Estimated blog media value: $15000
Estimated total media value: $655766

gecko42
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I believe that when the blimp gets to Myrtle Beach we will see a burst of new media.