PDA

View Full Version : More campaign ineptness

ReallyNow
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
This is getting either comical or tragic. Perhaps both.

Let's all think of a strategy for New Hampshire in our heads. I'll wait.

Ok, did you think of distinguishing Dr. Paul from McCain and/or Obama so we can stem the bleeding of independents going to their camps? Good idea.

Did you think of pushing Dr. Paul's anti-war or liberty stances in the Live Free or Die state? Another good one.

What about pushing his opposition to the unconstitutional Federal Income Tax in the Granite state? Way to go.

Now, how many of you thought to personally go after Mike Huckabee? Two things that seem silly in New Hampshire where people really don't want to see you single out one candidate on an attack and making it MIKE HUCKABEE? He's polling for shit in New Hampshire and his base there is very small.

Are we picking the low hanging fruit and hoping to pull in 4th?

And before everyone says, "we're doing all of those things you mentioned above" then WHY ARE WE WASTING MONEY undermining our efforts by attacking Huckabee, which is a huge gamble to personally attack one candidate in New Hampshire and then to make that one person Mike Freakin' Huckabee? In New Hampshire?!?!

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/04/post_259.html?hpid=topnews

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 03:00 PM
ridiculous...

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
shit and they are hitting the illegals issue in NH, according to some in NH this is not an issue, wtf...

itshappening
01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Attack John Mccain

we have internal sabotage going on, we have people in the campaign working against us

this is the only explanation i can come up with

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Stay positive and put your frustration to work.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree, we need to quit giving money to the official campaign and put it into grassroots advertising instead.

And the grassroots needs to get a dose of reality and realize middle of the month moneybombs will be extremely little help, and that neglecting SC as the official campaign has done will get us like a 4th place finish here. Maybe even 5th, and if McCain beats us in SC then we'll be needing some divine intervention to win because people in SC hate McCain.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I agree.. he should be looking to put a whole in McCain, not Huckabee...

I agree - whomever decided that was a "good" idea is kinda stupid. I mean, hmm.. well, whatever.

Also, McCain has soo many holes it would be easy --

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
thats not a negative attack ad

thats stating a difference in positions

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 03:10 PM
We need some GRASSROOTS advertising in NH that addresses the issues that are important to NH, and like the OP said, distinguishes us from Obama and McCain.

PAUL is the "change" candidate 1000% more than Obama or McCain are. PAUL is the maverick. PAUL is the outsider. PAUL is the shaker.

Thats what we need to convey to NH, and if the official campaign cant do that, then we grassroots people need to do it ourselves.

LizF
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM
shit and they are hitting the illegals issue in NH, according to some in NH this is not an issue, wtf...

Depends...it is for some folks. I've been attending GOP meetings (city in the southern part of the state) since August, and that's been an issue for a lot of the GOP folks who attend. In the lead up to our mayoral election in November, just about all of the candidates for office were asked, "Will you allow our town to become a sanctuary city?" It's really a deal breaker for some.

Carole
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Please get some ads in the newspapers right away.

As I have mentioned before in other threads, the expensive 30 second sound bite misses too many people and then is gone forever.

Written newspaper material can be perused anytime and over and over.

This is a non-intrusive way of reaching the public

This was done in at least one Iowa county and he WON that county!!!

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Fire Kent Snyder.

Maltheus
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
As I have mentioned before in other threads, the expensive 30 second sound bite misses too many people and then is gone forever.

This has been a big problem with the campaign IMO. They don't understand why Paul has risen so much in the first place. It's because TV is becoming increasingly irrelevant at a time when the internet is rising. TV commercials are expensive and nobody watches them much anymore. But they're running the campaign like all the other Republicans instead of matching the creativity of the grassroots. We shouldn't be going up against establishment road blocks, we should be going around them.

i2ambler
01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
We need a professional anti-war ad YESTERDAY.

wfd40
01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I agree, we need to quit giving money to the official campaign and put it into grassroots advertising instead.

And the grassroots needs to get a dose of reality and realize middle of the month moneybombs will be extremely little help, and that neglecting SC as the official campaign has done will get us like a 4th place finish here. Maybe even 5th, and if McCain beats us in SC then we'll be needing some divine intervention to win because people in SC hate McCain.

December 16th should have been put in a bank and distributed by grassroots.. Now we're totally tapped out and basically have to hope HQ does their job.. which is like hoping for rain in the Sahara

Paulbot_9876
01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
This has been a big problem with the campaign IMO. They don't understand why Paul has risen so much in the first place. It's because TV is becoming increasingly irrelevant at a time when the internet is rising. TV commercials are expensive and nobody watches them much anymore. But they're running the campaign like all the other Republicans instead of matching the creativity of the grassroots. We shouldn't be going up against establishment road blocks, we should be going around them.

i disagree.....many people and families still sit around and watch sit coms.....especially durring the winter months.....if the ads are aired durring top rated sit coms that would be more effective...catch their attention before jumping up for a munchy....

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM

+100000000000000000000000000

I mean, the ONLY anti-war candidate and he doens't even have an anti-war ad.

familydog
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
thats not a negative attack ad

thats stating a difference in positions

Yes. It's debatable whether this was a waste of money or not, but it's not a personal attack or a "negative attack."

slantedview
01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
i'd go after mccain and obama since they're the ones who would theoretically be taking the independant vote.

grfgerger
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
This does seem somewhat stupid...

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM

No question.

Everyone take a look at the polls in your state--most importantly, check the crosstabs! Search on here for my posts on the polling industry if that isn't obvious. Determine, together with others in your state, what the situation is based on the demographics of the crosstabs and plot a strategy of whom to target. Act accordingly.

Assume HQ will have no idea how to do this nor what I'm even talking about which is Elections 101.

Eric21ND
01-04-2008, 04:22 PM
+100000000000000000000000000

I mean, the ONLY anti-war candidate and he doens't even have an anti-war ad.

If it wasn't so true and tragic I might laugh at this so obvious idea. :confused:

Redcard
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Why isn't RP doing anything about this? I mean, you've got to think he's dead center in the decision making process here? Is this really what he wants to be doing? I'm having serious doubts here.. what if he makes it? What if he wins? Is this the kind of people he'll be putting in office? I know he won't be picking ME to sit on his cabinent.. those jobs go to CAMPAIGN STAFFERS.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
01-04-2008, 04:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVp938LNEg

i2ambler
01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
He has one anti-war ad, but its just not very good.. We need a very good one with a strictly anti-war message.

"I am Ron Paul, I was a flight surgeon in the air force during the Vietnam war. As a surgeon I saw the damage that battle can wreak upon a human life, and the horrible wounds both mentally and physically inflicted on our young servicepeople We currently have thousands of young men and women overseas in danger fighting a needless battle while our borders are left undefended here at home. I want to all of bring our troops home from overseas so they can defend the land our forefathers helped us create."

or some crap.

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Attack John Mccain

we have internal sabotage going on, we have people in the campaign working against us

this is the only explanation i can come up with

Do not make personal attacks. I can give a long explanation but please just trust me on this one.

There is no internal sabotage (if only the explanation were that kind).

We need to focus more on character, vision, integrity and WHY AND HOW Dr. Paul's philosophy will make us all better off.

Also, we have a HUGE problem with the (mis)perception that Dr. Paul is some Hannity caricature of a left-wing, conspiracy crazy surrendering peacenik. He is a solid conservative with a record against taxes and spending and abortion better than any of them.

AlexMerced
Depending on the campaign is like depending on the government, if you do, you just don't get what this movement is about

i2ambler

Is that ad being aired?? That /is/ a kickass ad.

Johncjackson
01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
What we really need to do is an attack ad on Duncan Hunter- saying that RP is much harder on illegal immigration and pro-military.

i2ambler
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
What we really need to do is an attack ad on Duncan Hunter- saying that RP is much harder on illegal immigration and pro-military.

I hope that is sarcasm..

Ulf5
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
We should send a post-card to every household in NH. The front has the photo from 2004 with McCain hugging George W. Bush. The back of the card just features one word....

"Maverick?"

i2ambler
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
No, what we need to do is show that eLIB3RTY anti-war ad to every human being in america today.

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Why isn't RP doing anything about this? I know he won't be picking ME to sit on his cabinent.. those jobs go to CAMPAIGN STAFFERS.

By temperament and experience, Dr. Paul will be the last to know there is a problem.

He has a few decades of contacts with good people (most of whom turned down positions offered on the campaign) including the current and former Congressional staff, etc.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
By temperament and experience, Dr. Paul will be the last to know there is a problem.

He has a few decades of contacts with good people (most of whom turned down positions offered on the campaign) including the current and former Congressional staff, etc.

That's not reassuring me.

McLane2007
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Run the ads you would like to see in local NH newspapers we can't control what the RP campaign is doing so roll your eyes, email your suggestion to the campaign then move on to doing something positive to get Ron Paul elected.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102

Cindy
01-04-2008, 04:51 PM

I second that and will add that Floridas primary is only 3 1/2 weeks away and paul hasn;t spent any time or money camapaigning here either.

Florida is prime country for him with gun rights, immigration, evangelicals, taxes, property rights, home schoolers, housing bubble crashes, and grown hippie flower children still fighting the revolution form the late 60s.

HQ is clueless and I do not understand their strategy at all or if they even have one.

HQ gets no more money from me. Grass roots projects running High Quality comercials will be it from here on.

Look, the RP grass roots have proven to be a formidle force that is highly organized. Bottom line is that we need to stay tight and work at getting many within to run for Congressional district seats, people the media will adore.

The more I pull back and reflect on why such an honest wise and trustworthy candidate isn't rising faster, I can only find fault with HQ being off and behind and Mostly, what is hurting is the media either pretending like Paul doesn't exist, the negative press, and the lack of fair time and good questions in debates.

Maybe the MSM is what we should be working at taking over instead of the REC. It does seem that the media at the end of the day, selects our parties nominess and Countries Presidents for us.

To make up for them, we need to start keeping the money and funding our own proffesional comercial ads in primary states as they come up.

We gave Paul the highest fundraising quarter of them all and it's as if it means nothing.

Lets start spending future donations on funding Great comercial ads.

Paulite
01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/blog/2008/01/bill_moyers_rewind_ron_paul_20.html

josh24601
01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Omg Itz A Dizaster

Jesubub
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Do we know for sure that the campaign mailed those out and not some other group?

manny
01-04-2008, 05:18 PM

qft

We should be pushing this message. For anyone of any party who wants to end the killing in Iraq and Afghanistan plus know there won't be US soldiers going to Pakistan or Iran - basically for anybody who loves peace, Ron should be the obvious candidate.

We need some way of making it so that anyone anti-war knows that to express that feeling they need to vote for Paul.

Don't know how to do it. Can you believe people think Hillary is anti-war?!

Maltheus
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
i disagree.....many people and families still sit around and watch sit coms.....especially durring the winter months.....if the ads are aired durring top rated sit coms that would be more effective...catch their attention before jumping up for a munchy....

Perhaps, but I see fewer and fewer households without some kind of Tivo tech. And odds are, if you don't have a Tivo like device, you're not much of a TV watcher anyway. So I think the reward for our investment isn't really worth it. Even billboards would be a better approach in my mind.

RonRules
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Fund the RonPaulDVDbomb.com That's the most cost effective, targeted advertising you can buy. It bypasses the central campaign and gets DVD's in the message in the hands of the most likely voters. They have sent 28,000 DVD mostly to NH. You'll see the effect in a few days.

Next batch is going to MI, SC and NV.

http://www.ronpauldvdbomb.com/

I am not at all associated with them. I just helped them with $100 today.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Depends...it is for some folks. I've been attending GOP meetings (city in the southern part of the state) since August, and that's been an issue for a lot of the GOP folks who attend. In the lead up to our mayoral election in November, just about all of the candidates for office were asked, "Will you allow our town to become a sanctuary city?" It's really a deal breaker for some.

i stand corrected then...

ForLibertyFight
01-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Great ad is this being televised in NH?

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Grassroots has done it's job, it's the campagin staff that has to go. Like i said before if we don't get top 2 spots in NH a state that we can WIN then we are screwed.

RP 4th in NH means THE END.... that's it.

We should have been 3rd in Iowa, it's embarrasing to see McCain and dead Fred beating us.

The paid staffers in RP camp are clueless, we gave them 20 mil and they practically have no idea what the heck needs to be done. They need to step it up and act professional, seriously they wasted money in renting a place that litterly had ZERO signs no one even knew there was a place there that people could go there.

They need to polish up because although we know what Rp is saying many people do not, we need to gift wrap it to the public the media wont do that for us.

That idiot Bydlak needs to go and all his cronies, and all the jerks who have no clue on how to run a professional campagin. This is our biggest achillies heel at the moment, RP needs to shake things up and if he does not then I must seriously question his judgement.

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM

retracted. campaign cannot fund PACs apparently.

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Seriously RP has ZERO advisors, his staff is inept and clueless. We gave them $20mil time to do something with it instead of jerking off to 5th in Iowa and possible
4th in NH. :mad:

This is a serious presidential race, we need to be optimized for efficiency and this should have been done a while go we raised over $27mil total.... I wanna see some progress.

Ohh and why the fuck is the campagin running anti immigration ads in NH? Seriously.... they need to pull their head out of their asses. Now they're attacking Huckabbe....? WHy he's not going to win NH and has no chance. :mad:

Instead of wasting oppertunity they should be gift wrapping the mesage to make it edible, people have zero clue and have a hard time putting together our message it's the campagin's job to simplify it for them instead of wasting time and more money confusing the shit out of the potential voters even more.

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Campaign needs to go after Huckabee in NH. They are doing some things right, and some things need to change.

They need a media blitz.

Elwar
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Or come on these forums and attack the campaign.

Why do you support Ron Paul?

Sevryn45
01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Or come on these forums and attack the campaign.

Why do you support Ron Paul?

I am not attacking RP, i am attacking his inept staff that has no clue in what the
%^$# they are doing.

The problem is not the grassroots, it's the staff that has no clue... they essentialy did ZERO.... it was the grassroots and the people on the ground that did most of the work.

Seriously $27mil and what do we have to show for it? 5th in Iowa and probably
4th in NH? They need to get their asses into gear.

- The message needs to be simplified and gift wrapped
- Immigration is not a major issue in NH, why run ads and waste money on it?
- Huckabbe is not a threat in NH, why waste money going after him in a state that he essentialy has zero chance in winning. They should have gone after him in Iowa, too little too late concentrate on getting the message out the main points that will swing the voters our way in NH wasting time on none issues in NH will not get us votes.

Babylon
01-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Is that ad being aired?? That /is/ a kickass ad.

Of course it's not being aired.

And, nothing like it ever will be aired.

The campaign sucks.

And, it's not going to change.

N.H. will be worse than Iowa.

Why?

The campaign IS the message. That is, the campaign is the most direct evidence of a candidate's competence and good judgment.
This campaign is sending fence-sitters to the other candidates.

All this talk of the "grassroots doing it themselves" is nonsense.

The grassroots will not be the ones formulating a budget, or sitting across the table from Putin, or taking on Hillary/Obama one on one in a debate.

So sad.

So "Libertarian"...

lbrtylvr
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
is their any way we can get some money together and run that ad in Michigan.

sasha_2008
01-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Fire Kent Snyder.

Kent has been by Dr. Pauls side for along time.

Where were you, being stress-free?

Geronimo
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM

It is to me, and a lot of people I know.

jtrockma
01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
HAHA. Maybe we are attacking Mike Huckabee in NH because everyone will see the ad and immediately agree with us because they will all hate Mike Huckabee in NH. They don't want a Bible thumping candidate there. He won IOWA so why not contrast yourself to someone they already don't like to get them agreeing with you. Maybe it would work.

DonateTilItHurts
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Agreed, while I know that the campaign is not perhaps staffed with the most expensive/experienced personnel, some of their mistakes seem so common sensical.

While jtrockma makes agood point about Huck's nearly nonexistent demographic in NH, now would be a great time to attack McCain not Huck in NH! Here is a thread about this and McCain's 100 year's in Iraq statement:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75834

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 07:37 PM

Why?????

freelance
01-05-2008, 05:54 AM
No question.

Everyone take a look at the polls in your state--most importantly, check the crosstabs! Search on here for my posts on the polling industry if that isn't obvious. Determine, together with others in your state, what the situation is based on the demographics of the crosstabs and plot a strategy of whom to target. Act accordingly.

Assume HQ will have no idea how to do this nor what I'm even talking about which is Elections 101.

I know this is asking a lot, but could you give us a Polls 101 tutorial?

constituent
01-05-2008, 06:01 AM
We should send a post-card to every household in NH. The front has the photo from 2004 with McCain hugging George W. Bush. The back of the card just features one word....

"Maverick?"

+1000

maybe a "John McCain, four more years..."

Ann Kobialka
01-05-2008, 06:22 AM
We should not be attacking anyone in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is Ron Paul
they just need to hear about him
they just need to hear him and they will be melted butter

Why do YOu think he is not allowed in the FOX debate ????

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Kent has been by Dr. Pauls side for along time.

Where were you, being stress-free?
So what.
His management skills are severely lacking.
Let him be beside Dr. Paul when someone that knows what they are doing make the decisions.

Thomas Paine
01-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Although placing first in NH would be ideal, Ron Paul must place at least third. It is also important that it is better if McCain places ahead of Romney than vice versa. Romney has the financial resources to continue onto the next primary, which is in Michigan on January 15. According to one recent poll, Ron Paul has already moved into 4th place in NH ahead of Giuliani. The key is to finish ahead of Huckabee in NH if the Good Doctor is going to finish behind McCain and Romney.

As for the Michigan Primary on January 15, Romney grew up in Michigan and his father was a popular Governor in Michigan back in the '60s. It will be okay if Romney wins Michigan because in light of the foregoing, he should win.

On a well regarded local political talk show in Michigan that aired last night on Public Televsion (hosted by Nolan Finley of the Detroit News), a well respected Michigan pollster named Ed Sarpolous was interviewed. Mr. Sarpoulos made the observation that Ron Paul could be the spoiler in the Michigan Primary on January 15. He also noted that the Giuliani campaign is in real trouble. Unlike other states, the only candidate in the Democratic Primary is Hillary Clinton so a lot of Democrats and Independents will be participating in the GOP Primary. These Democrats and Independents will likely cast their votes for Ron Paul instead of McCain (like they did in 2000) given the Iraq War issue.

Thompson has no campaign organization in Michigan whatsoever and the Giuliani campaign is crumbling. If Ron Paul can place at least third in Michigan behind Romney, then Ron Paul will start getting a serious second look by the GOP rank and file still sitting on the fence in SC and be a contender in that primary.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Are we going to press for a response from the campaign or what?