PDA

View Full Version : Grass-root attack adverts: "Ron Paul wouldn't endorce this message, he's far too..."

phixion
01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I would support grass-roots funded and run attack adverts.

Example: "Ron Paul would never endorse this message, he's far too humble... therfore as supporters we'd like to share with you some important information regarding <opposing candidate>".

Hold press conference, release attack adverts. That's a real story for the media to go stir crazy about.

Agree or disagree?

Regards,

Pete

hillertexas
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I support this idea

BLS
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Yes.

rollingpig
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
i like it

defcreative
Hell Yes! +1

Talldude1412
I like it. Nothing wrong with the people wanting to enlighten fellow citizens, and it doesn't make RP a bad guy. It doesn't even need to be attributed to RP.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I like it, lets attack the other people and tell the truth about their lies!

Jeremy
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Why even say Ron Paul's name...

Santana28
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
absolutely. this is OUR job - to to the dirty work.

we need #1) an ad targeting pro-war voters which points out that it is not merely a moral/patriotic issue, it is an ECONOMIC issue - we simply can not afford the war and it is bankrupting the nation!

we need to target moderate dems and independants by attacking Obama's (lack of) record.

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
its always best as citizens to focus on the truth and fund it like crazy...

Have nothing to do with the campaign in these matters and make your message be heard.

moostraks
01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Yes but think we should say this was independantly funded not affliated to ANY official campaign...

phixion
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM

I believe they need to know the supporters of Ron Paul are passionate (and care) and you can't just bash a candidate - you've got to offer an alternative, else it's wasted bucks, therfore Ron Paul must be mentioned.

Pete

McDermit
01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
absolutely.

quantized
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Awesome. Genius. But who can take on this task?

Yom
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Awesome. Genius. But who can take on this task?

Jeremiah Black?

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I have been begging for Anti Romney ads in New Hampshire for the past month. We need to do the dirty work!

OhioMichael
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
This is a good idea. We saw the impact of this in the 2004 elections when the 'swiftboat veterans' attacked Kerry. I think it could work, but it will backfire if the is definitively linked to the official campaign.

Finn
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I've been hoping for attack ads for some time now. So yes, I approve this message. Lets expose these scumbags.

Ronin
01-04-2008, 03:13 PM
+1

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Only question.... too late to air in NH?

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Grassroots, IMO, should focus more on why they LOVE Dr. Paul. Not on why they hate other candidates. Sure everyeone else is a scumbag, but we should focus on WHY WE LOVE DR. NO!!!

We gotta keep the LOVE in rEVOLution, people!!!

micahnelson
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Are we trying to win Local Elections by national appeal?

Look what that got Romney and Giulliani. No kids, this time we have to stop trying to control the airwaves, and meet people face to face.

Please become a precinct captain, or support the local movements in your area.

phixion
01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Given the idea seems popular I would be happy to throw up a website for it.

(I aren't going to rush in to anything though until further discussion)

The rest would require skills I don't have - organization, details and specifics. Also, I live in the UK which would pose problems.

I believe we would need to look towards a very good grass-roots video producer to take the idea further, perhaps with mock-ups and such.

I believe this project would require a top notch dedicated organizer or a small team of.

Like I say, I don't mind being the web guy. It's the rest I wouldn't be able to take care of.

Shall we see where the discussion goes for now after more insight and opinions.

Regards,

Pete

doogjy
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I'd love to do voice over for any ads that pan out.

MichaelD
01-04-2008, 03:26 PM
lets do it!

TwiLeXia
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Also be sure to not just attack the enemy but also promote Ron Paul.

For example, a side by side comparison of Ron Paul Vs. Mike Huckabee. Sort of like the Windows Vs. Mac thing.

Rebel Resource
01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm in agreement too.

This is a revolutionary candidate, he needs revolutionary tv ads.

Finn
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm in agreement too.

This is a revolutionary candidate, he needs revolutionary tv ads.
Exactly. It would be controversial probably but we have the truth on our side.

Rebel Resource
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
It might have been in another thread, someone said the tv spots just made him look like any other candidate.

That's the last thing we need in our position.

goRPaul
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
This is an emphatic NO.

IMO, we're already too negative. We're great when it comes to bringing in new people and curing voter apathy, but we're turning off those who are already involved. We could really benefit from being more positive as a group; this would be counter-productive to that.

One thing I would accept is a website that has ALL of the other candidates, Republican and Democrat, that records their history and details the corporations that prop them up and the various scandals they've been involved in. Then you can include Ron, and possibly Gravel and Kucinich, in a category where their only special interests are the rights of the people. But singling out one target is not gonna help us in the long run.

unklejman
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Also be sure to not just attack the enemy but also promote Ron Paul.

For example, a side by side comparison of Ron Paul Vs. Mike Huckabee. Sort of like the Windows Vs. Mac thing.

Like this?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/04/post_259.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/01/03/PH2008010303208.jpg

arkana
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I like it too, as long as the disclaimer is before the message.

phixion
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
This is an emphatic NO.

IMO, we're already too negative. We're great when it comes to bringing in new people and curing voter apathy, but we're turning off those who are already involved. We could really benefit from being more positive as a group; this would be counter-productive to that.

One thing I would accept is a website that has ALL of the other candidates, Republican and Democrat, that records their history and details the corporations that prop them up and the various scandals they've been involved in. Then you can include Ron, and possibly Gravel and Kucinich, in a category where their only special interests are the rights of the people. But singling out one target is not gonna help us in the long run.

In all fairness, what good would a website do to reach the masses?

Who would even visit it? It would be extremely difficult to market and it just wouldn't be interesting in my opinion.

I think it's time to play hardball and engage the nation via their most convenient medium.

Even if it's only 1 faction of grass-roots, media attention, reactions, provocation. Discussions. Airtime, not only that's purchased, but airtime in the media from airing such remarkable grass-roots driven attack adverts in the first place.

Ron Paul is suffering a media drought - many still haven't heard of him.

I believe we need to generate interest and attention and the sooner the better.

Pete

hillertexas
01-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I think the most effective attack ads are television commercials versus print...we need the ominous music and visuals

Bossobass
01-04-2008, 04:45 PM
According to CNN's exit polling, Ron scored:

1st Amongst those who are registered INDEPENDENT
1st Amongst those who STRONGLY DISAPPROVE of BUSH
2nd Amongst those who feel the religious beliefs of their candidate matter NOT AT ALL
3rd Amongst 17-29 year olds
3rd Amongst those who picked their candidate ON ELECTION DAY
3rd Amongst those whose top issue is THE ECONOMY

These numbers suggest to me that these would be the areas to concentrate on.

McCain likes Bush and his war policy.

Huck's claim to fame is his religion.

Deciding on whom to vote for on election day seems to show that more RP voters were new to him.

THE ECONOMY, THE ECONOMY, THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!

Ron called the housing bubble 6 years ago. It could have been avoided if Congress, the Fed and America would have heeded his warnings and suggestions. THE RESULT? We now face the largest taxpayer bailout bill IN HISTORY.

Ron's plan to pull back on empire building, strengthen our decimated defenses and use the savings to balance the budget will be immediately doable, WITHOUT the consent of Congress. We need to put realistic numbers to this plank. How much will be saved, and what that will do for the 2009 budget, etc.

The Bush administration, with both parties in Congress his accomplices, failed to heed RP's warnings that to rush into Iraq without a declaration of war that must be based on substantiated intelligence and a clear threat to our national security would be a COSTLY mistake that we would neither be able to win nor be able to AFFORD. RESULT? $1 trillion in debt, borrowed entirely from COMMUNIST CHINA. Tens of Thousands of our troops dead or wounded. Our National Defense severely weakened. Al Qaeda growing in numbers and strength. Osama Bin Laden still at large. Oil at $100 per barrel.

As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, RP grilled Alan Greenspan on
the Fed's monetary policy. Ron correctly called the FALL OF THE DOLLAR if the Fed did not heed his calls for a SOUND MONETARY POLICY. RESULT? The dollar hits historic lows and STILL FALLING.

I also have the crazy notion of the campaign hiring Pat Buchanan to WRITE RP's SPEECHES. He is an excellent speech writer who can condense RP's platform into concise planks that ANYONE can understand. It would also go unspoken that Pat endorses RP just by his agreeing to write speeches for him.

My 2 cents

Bosso

hellsingfan
01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't see it as an attack ad, tell me where is the attack?

This ad just draws the line between the differences in position that Ron Paul holds. To tell you the truth, Huckabee is getting free advertising of his positions. But ofcourse once people realize this they will think of Huckabee as the Darth Vader (skywalker was good right, nooooooooo EVIL!!!! Run for your lives) ;)

I fully support this ad.

I'm Hellsingfan, supporter of candidate Ron Paul for President, and I approve this message :cool:

phixion
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Just for some rough mock-up visualization I had a little play in Photoshop.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2530/attacksm7.jpg

For those that think it's a good idea how can we make a poll or further gauge support for this idea in the appropriate area?

Regards,

Pete

jake
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
they want to play dirty by censoring our candidate? fine, we can play dirty by attacking theirs.

AdamT
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I like it.

tcmaroc
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
great idea

idiom
01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Better off running an anonymous issue ad based on the Corrupt politicians list.

This attacks Rudy, Huck, Clinton and Obama, our big tagets.

phixion
01-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Attack adverts certainly get attention eh.. and repeated airplay and discussion in the media.. forcing those attacked to respond and probably inviting Ron on air to discuss it?

I would of thought the fact Ron Paul isn't running the attack adverts, and grass-roots are, should send the media in a frenzy, unless they really DO have it in for Ron so much that they pass the story by... which I think it very unlikely.. it's just too good of a story if the adverts were running.

Anyhow it's time for bed here in the UK, night all.

Pete

Finn
01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
This kind of "rough" image sure makes me motivated. I admit I'm tired of being nice. As was said earlier we have a revolutionary candidate and we don't win by being nice to these liars. We need force.

Ara825
01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
We need to target more than just the young college age people. We need to focus quite a bit more on the middle age and senior citizens. Ads on the discovery channel, outdoor channel would reach an older target. "The Gold Fever" show would be a great place for an ad in my opinion.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
An attack ad will make news and news will be reported on tv. Not blacked out. Something must be done to counter all the free air time that the other candidates get. This could be one way of doing it. If someone will create the ad, I will go to work on the financing. Someone else needs to decide when and where to break it to the media. Let's get something done! Who can create the ad? Anyone know how to market it?

idiom
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes but they need to be independent issue ads. One on corruption would swiftboat everyone in one ad :)

wfd40
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I support this idea.. and will do so with my wallet if need be

mr_x
01-04-2008, 06:09 PM
i would love to see "straight talk" or "double talk express" commercials featuring john mccain and his stance (or lack thereof) on the issues.

cutting this youtube video up into 30 second segments about the iraq war, confederate flag, religious right, and gay marriage might be particularly effective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

once john kerry was pinned down as a 'flip-flopper' he lost a huge amount of support, why can't we do the same to mccain? he's his own worst enemy!

Finn
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Perfect.

If we do this it needs to hit hard.

terryp
01-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Need to get cracking if anything is to happen soon.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
What's step one?

Maximilian American
01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Lets do it, i'm putting up $50.

LFOD
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM

For those that think it's a good idea how can we make a poll or further gauge support for this idea in the appropriate area?

Regards,

Pete

Are you nuts? Putting crosshairs over other candidates? lol Way to reinforce the "domestic terrorist" propaganda.

Finn
01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Are you nuts? Putting crosshairs over other candidates? lol Way to reinforce the "domestic terrorist" propaganda.
Domestic terrorists like those four in the picture?

hypnagogue
01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
This is a good idea but there are several things we must accomplish to prevent this from becoming a fiasco.

The ads need to be matter of fact. No hyperbole, no sensationalism.

The ads need to be respectful. No name calling, no insults.

Perhaps most importantly, these have to have an upbeat attitude. This would be tricky. We should avoid the shadowy imagery and the melodramatic music. "Hey, we thought you should know..." basically. Throw in a pinch of humor maybe. Make sure people can tell we're not out to demonize anyone, or scare the audience. We're just trying to set some facts straight.

Maximilian American
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
This is a good idea but there are several things we must accomplish to prevent this from becoming a fiasco.

Perhaps most importantly, these have to have an upbeat attitude. This would be tricky. We should avoid the shadowy imagery and the melodramatic music. "Hey, we thought you should know..." basically. Throw in a pinch of humor maybe. Make sure people can tell we're not out to demonize anyone, or scare the audience. We're just trying to set some facts straight.

I consider the above post to be very valuable to this idea.

freelance
01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
its always best as citizens to focus on the truth and fund it like crazy...

Have nothing to do with the campaign in these matters and make your message be heard.

This is a perfect example of NOT coordinating with the campaign!!! Attack ads (stating the truth ads) can be done is reasonably good taste. I would emphasize that might be the route to take. For the love of God, please stay away from a Tancredo-style ad.

Finn
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
bump

deedles
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Grassroots, IMO, should focus more on why they LOVE Dr. Paul. Not on why they hate other candidates. Sure everyeone else is a scumbag, but we should focus on WHY WE LOVE DR. NO!!!

We gotta keep the LOVE in rEVOLution, people!!!

No.. ordinarily I'd agree with you but these clowns are getting a total pass by the MSM. I would totally donate to some grassroots funded ads like this, as long as they were professional and not swift-boaty. I don't think anyone has to be swift-boated, jezzus, just tell the truth about them.. that's enough.

I'm in.,

deedles
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM

Exactly.. they could even have a little humor, I'd love to see the line "voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil" worked in there somewhere. I have that bumpersticker and have had more than a couple people remark along the lines of 'aint that the truth'...

deedles
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
This kind of "rough" image sure makes me motivated. I admit I'm tired of being nice. As was said earlier we have a revolutionary candidate and we don't win by being nice to these liars. We need force.

Great pic! Can't you work Obama in there, though... remember we have to go for independents... and they are going for him.

jp5065
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
they are callin em contrast ads these days...

ScotTX
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Let's do this.

DahuiHeeNalu
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
It's Dirty time and it works.

deedles
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
hello? Where is Trevor when you need him? Xar? Who has the capability to get this going?

Vox Populi
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM

I agree with the above post. I don't even like the idea of calling it an attack ad. The media made the point about McCain saying that attack ads won't work, since Romney was expected to run attack ads in NH against McCain. Romney has flooded NH with attack ads already.

Let's please be better than Romney. Please?

People are generally turned off by your typical attack ads. We can tell the truth about others' history without insults and without appearing to be in attack mode.

Liberty_is_NORML
01-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I support this idea.. and will do so with my wallet if need be

+1

We have to play politics, people...it sucks.

Xonox
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah, this would do way better than Huck's "I'm not going to show this to anyone except a room full of cameras" ploy.

Conza88
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
It's NOT AN "ATTACK", if its the TRUTH.

TRUTH FOR THE WIN. The truth hurts.. LET THEM SUFFER ;)

Finn
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
It's NOT AN "ATTACK", if its the TRUTH.

TRUTH FOR THE WIN. The truth hurts.. LET THEM SUFFER ;)
QFT.

deedles
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, this would do way better than Huck's "I'm not going to show this to anyone except a room full of cameras" ploy.

lol, no kidding.

How anyone can vote for that gremlin is beyond me but I digress.

Man, this would be great if someone capable could take hold and get it going.

bclemms
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
How about these three clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFMdK0TWtks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA

Then have a big YOU DECIDE '08 Logo to end the commercial.

ecliptic
01-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Let's get one for those 17 - 29 year olds. Let's combine two issues for this group:

1. They are the one fighting and dying for .... ? What are they dying for again? I know there was a reason .... then they changed it .... but they didn't find WMD's ... oh and let's not forget that even if they DO find WMD's ( it's never too late to find a reason for killing over 1,000,000 innocent people, then it's ok ... right? ) ... the WMD's came from the United States...

2. They are the ones who get the BILL for the perpetual war for perpetual peace . . . and I happen to know quite a few younger folks who aren't too happy about the trillions of dollars they get to pay off with interest....

Get this one-two punch into a killer "makes you think" kinda ad - maybe even ending in a sort of slow motion fade . . . or make another version which hits hard with the emotional impact. Use shocking images from Iraq... such as the picture of the little girl splattered with the blood of her parents - gunned down at a checkpoint by US soldiers for not stopping:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1470/15905993jk4.jpg

Can anyone here explain to this little girl why her parents were murdered?

homah
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
How about these three clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFMdK0TWtks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKOCb4QBA

Then have a big YOU DECIDE '08 Logo to end the commercial.

just wanted to say i think calling romney out on changing his abortion stance isn't right. people can change their opinion on something over the course of many years without being called a flip-flopper. if we attack him on this, then we can't be mad if they attack paul for changing his stance on the death penalty. there have to be other issues that can be addressed about romney (for example, needing to consult his lawyers regarding a purely constitutional matter).

Malakai0
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM

Yeah it would be retarded to mention his name. Just run the ad if you want to, leave RP out of it.

Just end it with "Paid for by concerned private citizens".

I would love a video of huckabee blaspheming by claiming GOD IS ENDORSING BUSH'S FOREIGN POLICY on his cell phone @his fundraisers

Cindy
01-04-2008, 08:46 PM

Thats the thing and beauty of a grassroots ad like that. We don't even have to say Rons name to expose factual truths about others.

We can just say, Paid for by Concerned Citizens of America.

I'm ALL for that!!!

America doesn't take time to research these guys.

bclemms
01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
just wanted to say i think calling romney out on changing his abortion stance isn't right. people can change their opinion on something over the course of many years without being called a flip-flopper. if we attack him on this, then we can't be mad if they attack paul for changing his stance on the death penalty. there have to be other issues that can be addressed about romney (for example, needing to consult his lawyers regarding a purely constitutional matter).

You're correct, plus it is just a matter of time before Huckabee uses it against Romney.

Cindy
Let's get one for those 17 - 29 year olds. Let's combine two issues for this group:

1. They are the one fighting and dying for .... ? What are they dying for again? I know there was a reason .... then they changed it .... but they didn't find WMD's ... oh and let's not forget that even if they DO find WMD's ( it's never too late to find a reason for killing over 1,000,000 innocent people, then it's ok ... right? ) ... the WMD's came from the United States...

2. They are the ones who get the BILL for the perpetual war for perpetual peace . . . and I happen to know quite a few younger folks who aren't too happy about the trillions of dollars they get to pay off with interest....

Get this one-two punch into a killer "makes you think" kinda ad - maybe even ending in a sort of slow motion fade . . . or make another version which hits hard with the emotional impact. Use shocking images from Iraq... such as the picture of the little girl splattered with the blood of her parents - gunned down at a checkpoint by US soldiers for not stopping:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1470/15905993jk4.jpg

Can anyone here explain to this little girl why her parents were murdered?

Yes!!!

LibertyEagle

Ron Paul should be left totally out of it.

Finn
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
bump

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I would support grass-roots funded and run attack adverts.

Example: "Ron Paul would never endorse this message, he's far too humble... therfore as supporters we'd like to share with you some important information regarding <opposing candidate>".

Hold press conference, release attack adverts. That's a real story for the media to go stir crazy about.

Agree or disagree?

Regards,

Pete

+1, but keep it impersonal.

jasonjasonjason1
01-04-2008, 09:17 PM
aa

Ronin
01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I think we should use RP. If we attack, the supporters need to know where to go. I mean lets say we attack McCain. The voters may just go to Romney. IMO it should be a comparison ad.

Xonox
01-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I think we should use RP. If we attack, the supporters need to know where to go. I mean lets say we attack McCain. The voters may just go to Romney. IMO it should be a comparison ad.

+1

theantirobot
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
This is the best idea I've heard since blimp.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 09:22 PM
How do we attack though? How can we get it out?

Do not say Youtube or DIGG plese.

Ronin
01-04-2008, 09:22 PM
What about attack flyers? We really don't have much time to get something produced and on the air. We can all print flyers and distribute. This could get rolling by the end of the weekend. Hell, put together some talking points and we could have them running in the classifieds, etc in no time flat.

crink
01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Honestly, if you're looking to really hurt the other candidates then make posters and fliers that look as if they are from that candidates actual campaign and put on them points that the people of NH will obviously disagree with.

Example: Have a picture of McCain and over it write "I will stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary!

Jon McCain is for American Security"

mr_x
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
What about attack flyers? We really don't have much time to get something produced and on the air. We can all print flyers and distribute. This could get rolling by the end of the weekend. Hell, put together some talking points and we could have them running in the classifieds, etc in no time flat.

excellent idea! :)

as far as commercials, or perhaps even flyers, i'm extremely partial to the youtube video i linked earlier ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI ) for 2 reasons:

1) what i've heard from mccain supporters is that they like him for his integrity and honesty. from what i've heard, they consider those things to be his greatest strengths. well, if we can take his greatest strengths out of the equation, that's far more effective than even attacking his weak points, cause that's about all he has left!

2) we don't have to do any speaking, he does all the speaking for himself (outside of referencing time frames). he is literally his own worst enemy, we're just spreading his message for him! so it's not really even an attack add, it's just more words from the "straight talker."

i think the entire youtube video is good, but especially the part on the iraq war where he completely does a 180, and ridicules others (and, in effect, himself). it's perfect. :)

Energy
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM

I support that. Let's make a list of ad ideas.

http://pollspolls.com has 2 good ones:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8721/whitehouse4saleblackwhilt0.gif

http://www.pollspolls.com/images/pollsad-lettersize.gif

Finn
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I think putting "this ad was provided by concerned Ron Paul..."... well, something at the end of the add should do it.

Ronin
01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
What's a good authoring software for doing this kind of thing? The only thing I've used is PageMaker and that was years ago.

parocks
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM

we need #1) an ad targeting pro-war voters which points out that it is not merely a moral/patriotic issue, it is an ECONOMIC issue - we simply can not afford the war and it is bankrupting the nation!

we need to target moderate dems and independants by attacking Obama's (lack of) record.

our job to do the dirty work.

um, yeah. yup.

For instance, I'd really like someone to make and air a tv ad thats just 30 seconds of that weird Huckabee picture with the striped shirts.

Don't mention Ron Paul in the ad.

I mean, we're all pretty much pros at that whole buying stuff, like blimps, we can make and air a tv ad.

I've done it myself. Asked a client if they wanted a TV commercial made, told them how much it cost, they gave me the money and I put it on TV.

It's easy. Try comcast or time warner. Make funny ads.
Probably too late for New Hampshire, but the turnaround time for comcast is quite quick. 10 am monday for 1201 tuesday. they take minidv.

set up a pac called, i dunno, citizens for fred thompson. air an ad attacking mccain. citizens for romney, attacking huckabee. just go crazy with that.

don't mention ron paul. maybe there's a good reason that hq has kept itself completely separate from grassroots.

at this point, there really shouldn't be an official campaign doing offical campaign stuff and a grassroots doing basically the same stuff as the official campaign.

the grassroots should be either helping the official campaign by going to hq, or those who are under the direction of hq, and asking "what can i do to help?"
or, doing crazy shit.

The idea that we can win the nomination by doing the stuff ourselves that hq should be doing is just wrong.

Independent expenditures saying how great Ron Paul is - not so good (in theory the Ron Paul campaign needs to have control of their message)

Independent expenditures saying the craziest shit ever? Makes for entertaining TV.

It may very well be that HQ isn't great - I honestly don't know. Some here seem to think so. Some think that the best talent in the grassroots would do a better job than HQ. I have no idea. What I do know is that they are the official campaign and they really do need help from volunteers with this GOTV stuff.
Whatever the official campaign needs should be provided by people in the grassroots.

If there are grassroots efforts to do message, they really should be targeted at the 18-29. I think that Grassroots probably understands 18-29 better than HQ.

Anybody watch Adult Swim? Air good youtube videos on Adult Swim.

ecliptic
01-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I support that. Let's make a list of ad ideas.

http://pollspolls.com has 2 good ones

I like that White House for Sale (http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/) flyer but they have old information about Ron Paul: 8.2 million?

parocks
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Honestly, if you're looking to really hurt the other candidates then make posters and fliers that look as if they are from that candidates actual campaign and put on them points that the people of NH will obviously disagree with.

Example: Have a picture of McCain and over it write "I will stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary!

Jon McCain is for American Security"

I like this.

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I got partway through the first page a while ago, then had to run off and create a "compare and contrast" video based on the Judicial Watch "Top Ten Corrupt Politicians of 2007"... four of them happen to be running for President!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ntHGZ9-xw

I started a thread for comments here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76041

This is a draft of the concept I saw mentioned earlier in the thread.

parocks
01-04-2008, 10:28 PM

I'm not sure that we should try to persuade pro-war people that the war is a bad idea. Sounds expensive and time consuming.

We could try to convince undeclareds in New Hampshire that Ron Paul is a better choice than Obama. We did good in Iowa with independents 18-29, Obama did better.
We sure would like to have them, and I don't think that HQ is targeting them.

Compulsive1
01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
I support the idea wholeheartedly.
UNLEASH THE ATTACK. KEEP THE GOOD DR. OUT OF THE PICTURE..
Now we're talking campaign like the winning pros. Let's bury them with the ugly TRUTH. No lies please.
Where can I contribute?

Danny
01-04-2008, 10:43 PM
What do you guys think of an ad in the style of the "Soledad's Pants are on Fire!" video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXMXHgDWHU ) that points out candidates positions that are clearly in violation of the Constitution?

Oliver
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM

http://250kb.de/u/080105/p/a07c46b9.png

Keep Ron's name out of this childish shit!

driller80545
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
The ads must be shocking. Otherwise they will just be ignored by the media.

Ronin
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
McCain:

Situation in Pakistan very serious, but not nuclear threat. (Oct 2007)
Naive to exclude nukes; naive to exclude attacking Pakistan. (Aug 2007)

We don't have as much to fear as we had in the past. (Apr 2004)
Politicians keep unneeded bases open for political purposes. (Dec 1999)
Voted NO on preserving habeus corpus for Guantanamo detainees
Voted NO on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
Rated 18% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)
Willing to be last man standing for US involvement in Iraq. (May 2007)
In hindsight, Iraq invasion was still justified. (May 2007)
Conclusions on Iran and North Korea are all classified. (Mar 2005)
No direct talk with Iran; talk is over-rated. (Dec 2007)
Keep military option open against Iran, even if no nukes. (Dec 2007)
Rated 17% by the CAF, indicating opposition to energy independence

http://www.issues2000.org/John_McCain.htm

Compulsive1
01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is an idea.

A still shot of Ron's family.
A voice over:
The Pauls. An all American family. Ron (closeup) is an MD and a distinguished lawmaker with nearly 20 year long spotless record of voting for the Constitution and the American people. He is running for president and is asking for your vote. His raised his children to be medical doctors, homemakers and exemplary citizens.

A shot of Huckabee family (striped shirts)
"this is the Huckabee family. Mike is a Baptist preacher and a politician who preaches good christian family values and is also running for president.
Mike kills birds as part of his presidential campaign show (picture), his son tortured and killed a dog for fun (zoom in on David mug shot).

Ron recently admitted "I never got around to killing anything". But, Ron is trying hard to stop the killing of American soldiers overseas.

Mike (menacing picture) is looking forward to killing some more Islamo-fascists (maybe a shot of an aftermath of a terrorist attack in Iraq with people crying) overseas to protect us here in America when elected president.

Who will you vote for in this primary?

Finn
01-04-2008, 11:10 PM
bump

c0unterph0bia
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Sneaky, I love it

mr_x
01-04-2008, 11:14 PM
i made a mockup for a flyer....please be very very gentle with me, i've never done anything like this before....and i created it with paint since i don't have much else. :D

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/?action=view&current=mccain-1.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/mccain-1.jpg

*edited because i forgot to put in "on iraq," so people will know what the quotes are about.

parocks
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM

There has to be a way to do attack ads without saying that they're from Ron Paul fans.

That grassroots attack graphic looks like a scope. it looks violent.
The problem with attack ads it that they tend to hurt the person doing the attacking as well as the person being attacked.

We gave Ron Paul 20 million dollars to talk about Ron Paul. Let him talk about himself the way he wants to. if he wants to attack other candidates, let him.

We should do crazy shit. Don't attach Ron Pauls name to it in any way.

After all, aren't we all here just people? We can be people who "like" Fred Thompson and want to run an ad about how hot his wife is compared to Giuliani's wifes. We can be people who "like" Romney and want to argue that although Romney tied a dog to the roof of a car, at least his son didn't torture and kill a dog like Huckabee's kid did. It doesn't matter. I'm sure someone can figure out the best way to do this.

Off the grid, tea party, patriots dressed like indians.

Let's dress like indians and dump crazy tv commericals into the msm waters.

Perhaps the Huckabee fans over on http://mikehuckabeeforum.com will support a TV commerical. Maybe the Huckabee fans would like to make a positive tv commerical about Huckabee and his Holy Crusade against Muslims.

Finn
01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
i made a mockup for a flyer....please be very very gentle with me, i've never done anything like this before....and i created it with paint since i don't have much else. :D

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/?action=view&current=mccain.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/mccain.jpg
*thumbs up*

thoughtbombing
01-04-2008, 11:27 PM
My SN is ThoughtBOMBING and I approve this message!

AlexMerced
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah I would even mention Ron Paul

Just say a message from concerned citizens and really drive home Monetary and Foreign Policy, those are our strongest issues.

Cindy
01-04-2008, 11:30 PM

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/?action=view&current=mccain-1.jpg

*edited because i forgot to put in "on iraq," so people will know what the quotes are about.

Brilliant!!!!!!! Just Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!

How do we get ten thousand of these scattered about NH by Monday?

mr_x
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
*thumbs up*

much appreciated :)

parocks
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Here is an idea.

A still shot of Ron's family.
A voice over:
The Pauls. An all American family. Ron (closeup) is an MD and a distinguished lawmaker with nearly 20 year long spotless record of voting for the Constitution and the American people. He is running for president and is asking for your vote. His raised his children to be medical doctors, homemakers and exemplary citizens.

A shot of Huckabee family (striped shirts)
"this is the Huckabee family. Mike is a Baptist preacher and a politician who preaches good christian family values and is also running for president.
Mike kills birds as part of his presidential campaign show (picture), his son tortured and killed a dog for fun (zoom in on David mug shot).

Ron recently admitted "I never got around to killing anything". But, Ron is trying hard to stop the killing of American soldiers overseas.

Mike (menacing picture) is looking forward to killing some more Islamo-fascists (maybe a shot of an aftermath of a terrorist attack in Iraq with people crying) overseas to protect us here in America when elected president.

Who will you vote for in this primary?

Keep the Huckabee part. Take out the Ron Paul part.
Add Huckabee let rapists out of jail because the were born again.

Paid for by concerned Americans (or whatever, not Ron Paul)

ecliptic
01-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Don't be in such a rush as to make a mistake. One typo can make a helluva bad impression... but yes - let's make clean versions of new flyers with a much bolder approach such as these...

parocks
01-04-2008, 11:38 PM

That is quite good.

Is there great quality footage of McCain saying that the war was gonna be easy in 2002 or 2003?

mr_x
01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Brilliant!!!!!!! Just Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!

How do we get ten thousand of these scattered about NH by Monday?

thanks! i'm really not sure, maybe just sending the photobucket link out to all those interested, and having them print their own copies for doorhanging. maybe there's a better way that i'm not aware of. regardless, there are 2 problems that i see with this: 1) it's not in black and white (which i could try to do but i gotta warn you, i'm hardly a tech savvy person), so it might be costly, and 2) it looks anything but professional :(

perhaps, those 2 factors aren't as important as getting the word out though. ;)

driller80545
01-04-2008, 11:43 PM
There has to be a way to do attack ads without saying that they're from Ron Paul fans.

That grassroots attack graphic looks like a scope. it looks violent.
The problem with attack ads it that they tend to hurt the person doing the attacking as well as the person being attacked.

We gave Ron Paul 20 million dollars to talk about Ron Paul. Let him talk about himself the way he wants to. if he wants to attack other candidates, let him.

We should do crazy shit. Don't attach Ron Pauls name to it in any way.

After all, aren't we all here just people? We can be people who "like" Fred Thompson and want to run an ad about how hot his wife is compared to Giuliani's wifes. We can be people who "like" Romney and want to argue that although Romney tied a dog to the roof of a car, at least his son didn't torture and kill a dog like Huckabee's kid did. It doesn't matter. I'm sure someone can figure out the best way to do this.

Off the grid, tea party, patriots dressed like indians.

Let's dress like indians and dump crazy tv commericals into the msm waters.

Perhaps the Huckabee fans over on http://mikehuckabeeforum.com will support a TV commerical. Maybe the Huckabee fans would like to make a positive tv commerical about Huckabee and his Holy Crusade against Muslims.

Getting better!

mr_x
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
That is quite good.

Is there great quality footage of McCain saying that the war was gonna be easy in 2002 or 2003?

i'm not sure how good you'd consider this footage, but this where i shamelessly ripped it off from:

driller80545
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
i'm not sure how good you'd consider this footage, but this where i shamelessly ripped it off from:

This video would make a very good commercial. Pretty damn good. Run it all over NH!

parocks
01-04-2008, 11:54 PM
much appreciated :)

Do you have the words in your ad in text form?

could you just cut and paste them here?

Freedom
01-04-2008, 11:55 PM
i made a mockup for a flyer....please be very very gentle with me, i've never done anything like this before....and i created it with paint since i don't have much else.

Nice! Is there someway you can work in McCain's quote about staying in Iraq for 100 years?

Finn
01-04-2008, 11:57 PM
edit. Actually nothing. I think I misunderstood.

VRP08
01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Why get on their level??? You won't admit it but it's like a desperate call for help. I'm fully against attacking others. This is so low down and "unprofessional". This campaign will loose all respect that is left.

mr_x
01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Do you have the words in your ad in text form?

could you just cut and paste them here?

here's all the websites i used for my mockup:

http://therealmccain.com/dtalk_transcript.php
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/04/mccain-iraq-easy/
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/10/mccain-war-was-easy

now, as far as the text, here's everything from top to bottom:

(photos taken from http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/ss/events/pl/082801mccain#/080104/480/97262e89785a450db49c428fbce5b95e photos are numbers 30 and 10, respectively.)

ON IRAQ

John McCain:

"I believe that success will be fairly easy." [CNN, 9/24/02]
"We will win this conflict. We will win it easily.” [MSNBC, 1/22/03]
"I believe that we can win an overwhelming victory in a very short period of time." [CNN, 9/29/02]
“We’re not going to get into house-to-house fighting in Baghdad. We may have to take out buildings, but we’re not going to have a bloodletting of trading American bodies for Iraqi bodies.” [CNN, 9/29/02]
“It was easy, it was easy. I said the military operation would be easy.” [MSNBC, 1/10/07]

vs John McCain:

"The American people ... were led to believe that this would be some kind of a day at the beach which many of us, uh, fully understood from the very beginning would be a very, very difficult undertaking." [CNN, 8/22/06]
"I knew it was probably going to be long and hard and tough. And those that voted for it and thought that somehow it was going to be some kind of an easy task, then I'm sorry they were mistaken. Maybe they didn't know what they were voting for." [MSNBC, 1/4/2007]

Paid for by concerned citizens. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Why get on their level??? You won't admit it but it's like a desperate call for help. I'm fully against attacking others. This is so low down and "unprofessional". This campaign will loose all respect that is left.
It's not the campaign, it's us.

Unfortunately the American people have been too conditioned to believe what they hear. They think Huckabee is great with all his revolutionary ideas. Yet he will say anything to get elected. The American people MUST see that.

mr_x
01-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Nice! Is there someway you can work in McCain's quote about staying in Iraq for 100 years?

here it is for you:

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/mr_x_2008/?action=view&current=mccain-2.jpg

it looks like it's starting to get a bit cluttered, but then again that is a very strong quote to point out. :)

mr_x
01-05-2008, 12:41 AM

i'm not sure it's really attacking him as much as it's just quoting stuff he's freely said and having the people decide what to do with it. there's a big difference between ad hominem and quoting. :)

VRP08
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
It's not the campaign, it's us.

Unfortunately the American people have been too conditioned to believe what they hear. They think Huckabee is great with all his revolutionary ideas. Yet he will say anything to get elected. The American people MUST see that.

I understand but people and media will NOT look at it this way. It will automaticly include all and everyone. Also, you will NOT convince some conservative chirstians. It will only piss everyone off. RP said somethinmg along the lines...If you bombard somebody you can expect to be bombarded back. Ijust do NOT see it as a very mature bahaviour.

paulette
01-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Agree.

parocks
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
http://parocks.com/mccainoniraq.JPG

mr_x
01-05-2008, 01:25 AM

wow. you really put me to shame. damn fine job! :)

parocks
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
wow. you really put me to shame. damn fine job! :)

You had the idea that the people all liked.

I've been paid to do posters for rock bands, music venues, etc., I have all the tools, software on my computer. I'll wait a few to see if people actually want to print this out and use it, and I'll have a hi res pdf 300 dpi version available if people want it.

driller80545
01-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Ship it!

driller80545
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
I will print this out and distribute it. It looks great to me!

phixion
01-05-2008, 01:34 AM
That flyer's great - perhaps on the back you can state Ron Paul's views before and after Iraq - that will make interesting reading and prove he's consistent and, more importantly, *right*. :)

Pete

Finn
01-05-2008, 01:39 AM
That's awesome!

mr_x
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
You had the idea that the people all liked.

I've been paid to do posters for rock bands, music venues, etc., I have all the tools, software on my computer. I'll wait a few to see if people actually want to print this out and use it, and I'll have a hi res pdf 300 dpi version available if people want it.

well you do a hell of a job :)

if i were to nitpick a few things from my proofreading (god knows mine wasn't perfect either), i'd recommend that for both of the [CNN, 9/29/02] quotes, the [MSNBC, 1/10/07], and the [MSNBC, 1/4/07] quotes, to include the comma between the company it was broadcast on and the date to remain consistent. one more thing that i noticed is that at the way bottom, the letters/words "...y any candidate o..." are pretty difficult to read. perhaps change them to black to go along with the flip flopping text color.

also, perhaps include in small letters the youtube link to give credit.

whether or not my advice is any good though, i gotta say again, great job. :D

*edit: changed "flipping" to "flopping." also added a line.

parocks
01-05-2008, 02:09 AM
well you do a hell of a job :)

if i were to nitpick a few things from my proofreading (god knows mine wasn't perfect either), i'd recommend that for both of the [CNN, 9/29/02] quotes, the [MSNBC, 1/10/07], and the [MSNBC, 1/4/07] quotes, to include the comma between the company it was broadcast on and the date to remain consistent. one more thing that i noticed is that at the way bottom, the letters/words "...y any candidate o..." are pretty difficult to read. perhaps change them to black to go along with the flip flopping text color.

also, perhaps include in small letters the youtube link to give credit.

whether or not my advice is any good though, i gotta say again, great job. :D

*edit: changed "flipping" to "flopping." also added a line.

I made those corrections, added the photo credit to the mccain site, because i took the photo from the mccain site.

If you or anyone else has text they want made into flyers, I'm good to do that.

mr_x
01-05-2008, 02:20 AM
I made those corrections, added the photo credit to the mccain site, because i took the photo from the mccain site.

i can't think of anything other than that. i went back and checked the changes and everything looked very nice and very easy to read. as far as i'm concerned it's ready to be printed and distributed. excellent!

i vote to sticky this thread!

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 02:23 AM
I like it, lets attack the other people and tell the truth about their lies!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=821316&postcount=1

In case not posted already in this thread.

h ttp://parocks.com/mccainoniraq.JPG

Excellent truth sheet.

parocks
01-05-2008, 02:45 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=821316&postcount=1

In case not posted already in this thread.

Excellent truth sheet.

this is the hi res 300 dpi pdf version for making flyers
http://parocks.com/mccainoniraq.pdf

driller80545
01-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Printing copies now

mr_x
01-05-2008, 03:52 PM
blimp ;)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 05:20 AM
The ads must be shocking. Otherwise they will just be ignored by the media.

The entire Paul phenom is shocking, and it's ignored by the media. Stop running around thinking the media will start talking about you. Focus on people. These ads need to reach people.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 05:25 AM

Is it possible for us to get this into print publications?

I don't think "Paid for by concerned citizens" works in that case, and I don't think a "photo credit" works in that case, either.

Also, just spend $10 to register a domain and forward it to the youtube. Nobody's gonna type in a youtube url, but they might type in McCainLied.com, McCainExposed.com, or something like that.

Also, the people in Florida need to learn more about Rudy. Where do you guys think we should go with that?

ST0PandL00K
01-06-2008, 05:28 AM
+1 great idea

ladyliberty
01-06-2008, 05:47 PM

Regards,

Pete

Instead of red crosshairs - why not a white "subliminal religious image" as used by Huck on his Christmas ad? :D

ladyliberty
01-06-2008, 05:49 PM
We should also do an ad for Hillary - there are all these New York City retirees living here in Florida who think Hillary and Guiliani ought to be beatified by the Pope!

ladyliberty
01-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Why not say "Paid for by People who Support the United States Constitution" ?

libertygrl
01-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I agree with the above post. I don't even like the idea of calling it an attack ad. The media made the point about McCain saying that attack ads won't work, since Romney was expected to run attack ads in NH against McCain. Romney has flooded NH with attack ads already.

Let's please be better than Romney. Please?

People are generally turned off by your typical attack ads. We can tell the truth about others' history without insults and without appearing to be in attack mode.

I agree. If exposing the other candidates lies and not getting into anything personal, then it's not attacks it's facts. I'm all for it if it involves humor. There's enough heavy drama and dirty politics going on. If done the right way, an ad like this would be seen as refreshing and authentic. It would also shed a positive light on Ron Paul supporters rather than the negative garbage some of the neo-cons have written about us.