PDA

View Full Version : It's like the lottery..

madRazor
01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I think a lot of people here and in the entire movement have been dying for change in this country. Well obviously.

But when Ron Paul came along, it's like we were given a mega-lottery ticket. Oh man, the quick fix! I had about given up on this country. But now, with very little work required, we can just sit back, relax, and in just a year all our problems will start going away, one by one. Easy like pie.

Come ON! It doesn't make sense. The only ways change might come so quickly are paths we don't hope to walk; anyway, the change would probably be for the worse.

It would be really helpful for this cause if RP got in there, but it still wouldn't make change come quickly. This is an ideological battle that must be fought over the next 40 years. It is the masses we must convince. Get people hooked on self-determination, self-reliance, and freedom from distant, non-responsive government. Right now, RP is a great mouthpiece for this.

But he is only the beginning. It ends, ultimately, with you. Talk to your family, friends, and co-workers. Talk about the Constitution. Talk about your Freedom, not your freedoms. From the ground up, local changes over a long time will add up to the big changes we hoped to win with our 2008 Ron Paul lottery ticket.

Personally, I feel like I've already won the lottery. I've learned that there is an audience out there that craves this message. This gives me hope, something I didn't have much of a year ago, and I can only hope that others throughout the revolution feel the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm in it for the long haul, not just one state or even one election, and I hope everyone else is too.