PDA

View Full Version : What kind of revoltunaries cry this much after the first battle ?

qwerty
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Just think where we were at the beginning, absolutely NOWHERE.

Now we polled close third at the state which was not good for Paul even according the Straw poll results.

We have most money in the bank left for super tuesday.

Media is starting to take us seriously.

I honestly think that ONLY a troll can now even TALK about quitting. Quitting after the first state...Omg, did someone really think that we will win every state after all ?

Now there are TON of work to do, there are millions of people who donīt know who Ron Paul is. We must help him to get more name recognition. We must not even pretend that we have the same name recognition than other top-tier candidates.

From the beginning our campaing is the only one which have been growing all the time and it would be EXTREMELY stupid to even talk about quitting now.

You must hit the iron when itīs hot! Go out and get us name recognition! And donīt let the TROLLS here make you feel bad about this results, there are 49 primaries left!

Who the hell can even talk about quitting after the FIRST caucus, when there are 49 left ? I bet those people have done NOTHING for the campaign!

QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION, IT DOESN`T CHANGE ANYTHING IN USA!

:cool:

Grandson of Liberty
01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
bingo.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Right on.

I feel like I'm not sharing my video games enough or something. Its that type of complaining.

qwerty
01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
If this really is a revolution, we should be ENCOURAGED about the results and work harder!

We started from zero and now we are at this point!

Arklatex
not our kind

niall
Agreed!

Gimme Some Truth
01-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Well said Qwerty.

Just promise me something ... don't make such a big deal of the voting after only 8 votes in NH like you did yesterday. You were giving me a panic attack :D

S3eker
01-04-2008, 02:32 PM
people just get emotional about things sometimes. This is good really. Give them a week and they will rationalize a bit better.

Sometimes when my college football team loses I get a bit frustrated and angry. Some alumni want the coach replaced, other want players replaced. People complain about how much money they gave or how expensive the ticket prices are. But it all subsides the next week and the high hopes come back after the next big win.

politics are a bit different than a football game, but it's the same humans with the same emotions. Give it time.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
To many are just accustomed to instant gratification and any delay in getting what they want is met with negativity.

Comes from watching too much television and internet surfing ;)

Heck, I'm miffed because I now have to wait 70 seconds to refresh the new posts!

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
The kind that can't get off the internet and actually canvas their precinct.

qwerty
01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Well said Qwerty.

Just promise me something ... don't make such a big deal of the voting after only 8 votes in NH like you did yesterday. You were giving me a panic attack :D

:D

I was little bit confused about the site first, sorry.

:D

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
fuck yeah!

literatim

That is basically it.

People who do not get out and canvas have zero room to whine, period.

deedles
The people that want to quit and whine are the same ones that think they have everything coming to them just because they are alive. This is (largely) the product of the 'self-esteem' movement in the schools, IMO. Thank god the founders didn't cry and quit, huh?

Yes, yesterday was initially discouraging and I was enraged, frankly to see Dr. Paul's name not even on the pie chart... but today.. I've sent 30 letters to Michigan voters and now am working on sending an email to every newspaper in Wisconsin about the Fox News exclusion.

I feel better already.

(and I have signed up on the campaign to be a precinct captain as well)

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
No one is talking about quitting, we are talking about improving.

qwerty
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM

Yes, iīm actually pretty sure that we would be much higher if all of our supporter even the forum members would be active...

Thatīs a VERY sad fact, but it doesnīt stop us!

qwerty
01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
No one is talking about quitting, we are talking about improving.

Nice, get the word out!

Only way to win!

deedles
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I have 150 meetup members and probably less than 30 do anything outside their circle of influence. It's probably the same here. Imagine what would be possible if everyone on here signed up to be a precinct captain, for instance? Awesome things would happen...

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I have 150 meetup members and probably less than 30 do anything outside their circle of influence. It's probably the same here. Imagine what would be possible if everyone on here signed up to be a precinct captain, for instance? Awesome things would happen...

Yeah, there are over 500 members in our RP MN Meetup, and it looks like only 10% of them (yes, around 50 members) actually participate. Such a shame. Why sign up for something and then not actually participate.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-04-2008, 02:55 PM
we're in a struggle in every sense of the word but don't fret! this is the begining of the r3VOLutionand that will continue as long as we keep moving forward.

DanConway
01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, there are over 500 members in our RP MN Meetup, and it looks like only 10% of them (yes, around 50 members) actually participate. Such a shame. Why sign up for something and then not actually participate.

10% of Meetup members participating is a number I've seen just about every time, so it's not something specific to your group. I don't know why they don't participate...maybe they're busy with other things. Maybe it is just laziness. I don't know.

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Its Ron Paul or bust. Its Ron Paul or boycott. Let the rEVOLution continue!

bc2208
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM
bumping the f^&k out of this one

Jeremy
01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
The American Revolution (the original one) looked like it would be lost at first... they were being beat pretty bad. But we weren't beat! =)

r3volution
01-04-2008, 03:36 PM
up

Cimbri
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
We are going to fund Ron Paul until the last primary state casts it's vote. Our voice will be heard at the convention in St Paul.

Richandler
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Just think where we were at the beginning, absolutely NOWHERE.

Now we polled close third at the state which was not good for Paul even according the Straw poll results.

We have most money in the bank left for super tuesday.

Media is starting to take us seriously.

I honestly think that ONLY a troll can now even TALK about quitting. Quitting after the first state...Omg, did someone really think that we will win every state after all ?

Now there are TON of work to do, there are millions of people who donīt know who Ron Paul is. We must help him to get more name recognition. We must not even pretend that we have the same name recognition than other top-tier candidates.

From the beginning our campaing is the only one which have been growing all the time and it would be EXTREMELY stupid to even talk about quitting now.

You must hit the iron when itīs hot! Go out and get us name recognition! And donīt let the TROLLS here make you feel bad about this results, there are 49 primaries left!

Who the hell can even talk about quitting after the FIRST caucus, when there are 49 left ? I bet those people have done NOTHING for the campaign!

QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION, IT DOESN`T CHANGE ANYTHING IN USA!

I'm sorry but one issue revolutionaries is the answer your looking for. These people really don't care about most of the issues. They just care if their candidate wins. Kinda like every one else who wants to vote for a winner.

NerveShocker
01-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I totally agree. Being disappointed is one thing but come on its the only state we did so bad in a straw poll at.. If the straw polls are anywhere close to accurate.. and it appears they might be we will be fine. Remember we won first place in 21 straw polls.. (more than any other GOP candidate) unfortunately the first state wasn't one of them. Let's refocus our efforts and not let this dampen our spirits. Especially don't let others come in here and try to get us down, let there threads die.

Maltheus
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM

I've spent a few days canvassing, but the holidays really made it tough to find the time (not to mention it getting dark so early). But now, it's looking like it'll come down to New Hampshire. If we don't come in among the top three, I think it's fair to say we're done, as far as the Republican party is concerned. It won't matter what we've done in the Super Tuesday states.

I'd still like to go third party to see how that turns out. But I won't contribute any money to that effort if Paul continues on with the same campaign managers. What I wouldn't give for a Dick Morris type to exploit the potential of this movement and turn it into something viable.

CUnknown
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Hell yeah, with all the pundits talking about how split the Republican party is, how could we be giving up now??

It's a five-way race, Huckster is going to place 4th in NH, he's not the front-runner yet. Guliani has the NY/NJ area locked up tight, Romney does decent all over the place... this is exactly what we wanted! The Republicans would never elect such an anti-establishment candidate as Paul under normal circumstances.. so the more messed up the circumstances are, the better we're doing! :D

As long as the party is still split and as long as we're raking in the fat $cash$, we've got as great shot at VICTORY.

tfelice
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Maybe some of us have just been through this before and can see the handwriting on the wall. A very poor showing in IA, along with lousy poll numbers in NH for a underdog candidate is not a formula for victory.

realist
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe some of us have just been through this before and can see the handwriting on the wall. A very poor showing in IA, along with lousy poll numbers in NH for a underdog candidate is not a formula for victory.

Thank you!

What kind of revoltunaries cry this much after the first battle ?

The ones that lost the battle do.... if they're smart. Otherwise they run the risk of looking like the foolish spin doctors no one respects.

Those that truelly understand what it takes to win know this wasn't good for us. it's not the end of the world either but come on.... 5th place out of a feild of 7 where 2 hardly even campaigned is hardly reason to be gidie. IT IS a very good reason to look inward at what we did wrong and what we can do better....that is if winning a nomination is important to you.

BTW- for those that are out there busting their backside for this compaign, a sincere thank you to all of you. You deserve all the praise and none of the blame.

werdd
01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
agreed anyone that cries and says they are jumping ship is just a troll. GTFO because we are in this thing for the long haul.

RP4Pres2008
01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you!

The ones that lost the battle do.... if they're smart. Otherwise they run the risk of looking like the foolish spin doctors no one respects.

Those that truelly understand what it takes to win know this wasn't good for us. it's not the end of the world either but come on.... 5th place out of a feild of 7 where 2 hardly even campaigned is hardly reason to be gidie. IT IS a very good reason to look inward at what we did wrong and what we can do better....that is if winning a nomination is important to you.

BTW- for those that are out there busting their backside for this compaign, a sincere thank you to all of you. You deserve all the praise and none of the blame.

I don't think you understand what is going on my friend. Double your efforts, triple them. If you understand what it takes to win, then get off this message board and go do it!

Matthew Zak
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
The first battle is always the most emotional. I guarantee their were revolutionaries crying, some pounding on the walls, carving out new weapons and frantically drawing up new strategies for the next battle. This IS war.

Dax552
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't think you understand what is going on my friend. Double your efforts, triple them. If you understand what it takes to win, then get off this message board and go do it!

+1

liberty_Forever
01-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah seriously. All these people who posted last night are a bunch of pussies. We need the Americans who own copies of the Constitution, a bible, and a gun.

These are the people with the resolve to fight fascism, not some college kids who give up at the slightest setback.

realist
01-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I "think" I understand what it takes to win. And I believe you do too. So does the next guy and the next guy.

That's the whole point. Unless we are all "organized", our efforts are not as effective as they could be, and we won't win battles. This first battle shows we were ineffective. That is not giving up, nor is recognizing failure weakness unless we fail to change that which caused us to fail.

How does Doubling or trippling that which is ineffective help anything? I have tried to contact HQ and never even received a response. So I have focused my efforts where I feel they will be most effective- here. But I'm slowing learning many here don't seem interested in being smart about this and make statements like you did which I struggle to rationalize.

So please, help me - since I spent much of the day being told "I told you he wasn't electable" by the people I spent countless hours convincing that we would beat expectations, that the pols were all understated and that the turnout from we "the passionate" would prove many wrong.

Well the facts are they were right and I was wrong. We were all proven wrong and we will need to regain that which was lost. I am forced to double my efforts becuase much of what I have already "done", has been "undone". So perhaps your right that I don't understand. Perhaps your saying that double and triple efforts will be required because we're OK with celebrating defeat .... we'll just do it again instead building on prior victories.

Is that what you mean?

Thunderbolt
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Giulianin didn't get any delegates in Iowa. Think his campaign is walking around moping? Think they think it is over?

Buck up kids. This is nothing. And don't expect him to win in NH either. He won't. Period. So keep your expectations down, your work up and let things sort out the way they are going to.

Telling people he is going to do well is a big mistake. Ron Paul barely spent any time in Iowa. Those folks demand that a candidate come to their home and sit down and talk to them over and over and over. Ron Paul can't do well if he doesn't do that.

Same with NH. Although, there they will like Ron Paul's message better. But none of you are doing what it takes to win an election. If you want to win, you have to work every spare second you have doing nothing but handing out slim jims, going door to door, putting up signs, writing letters to the editor.

Hell, I couldn't even get 20 people to respond to a thread where I was asking folks why they support Ron Paul so I could send it to HQ.

When someone comes on here and asks for help to send messages to folks in Meetup groups no one lifts a finger.

So blame yourselves. If you want him to win, get up off your tails and go canvass for him. Standing on an overpass and waving a sign won't get the job done. This is not a football game. We are not screaming go Tigers here.

Seriously, except for a small handful, most of you here would rather moan and write emails than go speak to someone face to face and tell them why they should support Ron Paul.

And if you think the TV commercials are junk, then how about supporting the ones that the grassroots are trying to put together? Or would you rather spend your money on a big hot air balloon that tells folks nothing about Ron Paul or even that he is running for President? Perhaps that little factoid should be mentioned in all ads for him?

I am now going to go back to my phone list and speak to people one on one and tell them why Ron Paul is the guy to support. What are you doing tonight?

Kingfisher
01-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Fall back, regroup, then hit them harder than ever!!

qwerty
01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Bump!

mad212
01-05-2008, 02:24 AM
me and my brother are going to sign up to be delegates for florida. I'm bringing all of my converter's with us!