PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul support in California?

Monotaur
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Hello,

From looking at the Q4 per capita donor map at http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html , I see that CA's level of donations is higher than average (and higher than Iowa), but not as high as other places where support is greatest (like New Hampshire and Alaska). For those that live there, can you guage what kind of support he is drawing? I'm guessing that his anti-war views are most popular there, but what level of support have you seen? Yard signs, bumper stickers, door-to-door canvasers, etc?

Thanks!

slantedview
01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
in the sacramento area, ron paul is about the only sign or bumper sticker you'll see around. freeway signs, yard signs, he wins it all. but that could be just attributed to the fact that his supporters are so die hard, not necessarily that the majority will vote for him. it's hard to tell...

Ron LOL
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
San Diego will be California's Jefferson County :)

quantized
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php

Monotaur
01-04-2008, 01:36 PM
in the sacramento area, ron paul is about the only sign or bumper sticker you'll see around. freeway signs, yard signs, he wins it all. but that could be just attributed to the fact that his supporters are so die hard, not necessarily that the majority will vote for him. it's hard to tell...

Thanks, good to know. Hopefully this will equate to a good showing on Feb 5th.

JMO
01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I live in the central valley where a large majority of people do not even pay attention to politics. However the Bay Area is very anti war and might be the most anti war region in the United States, How that translates into votes for Ron Paul I do not know, but that is a good sign. I can say I know of 4 other Ron Paul voters near me, and I am working hard to bring the message of Ron Paul to others I work with.

Nailhead
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Kern County absenty voter here...I always see a few Ron Paul bumper stickers/signs when Im in Bakersfield. Got the parents voting for him aswell, possibly even the gramps. Thing is central valley is pretty right-wing religious types so I worry about the Huckster or McCain

kutibah
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Here in Riverside County the supporters are active, but I'm not sure about the common voter. However we do get a good response at Rally's so I'm not sure. It's too early to tell in my opinion. But yes, our "honks" seem to double every time we rally =)

However I haven't seen any signs other than those put up by the supporters.