PDA

View Full Version : Louisianna Caucuses NEXT WEEK (Jan 10th)

fortilite
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
December 3, 2007

Louisiana's caucuses are scheduled for Thursday, Jan 10 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Mark this date and time on your calendar and be prepared to attend, if necessary, ask for time off work.

I cannot over-emphasize the importance of these caucuses. Louisiana's delegate selection process is grassroots politics at its best. It means that "big money" is less important than "boots on the ground."

As we get closer to the caucus date, more details will be made available and we'll be sure to update everyone. But for now, tell your family and friends to participate in the caucuses on Thursday, Jan. 10 in order to win a major victory for liberty!

Thanks to you all who took time to register Republican so you could participate in the caucuses and primary. And thanks again to David Johnston, who independently took on the task of familiarizing himself with the delegate selection process and getting the word out. Join a local Ron Paul MeetUp group to keep abreast of what is going on in your area.

Below are some excerpts from a very informative and encouraging e-mail sent out by David Johnston, a businessman and volunteer who has done an absolutely stellar job helping to organize the state. The e-mail includes details about the all important caucuses that will be held in each congressional district.

Best regards,

Matt Chancey
Regional Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

Louisiana District Leaders and Ron Paul Meet Up Organizers,

Yesterday I received the official word from my contacts in the Louisiana Republican Party, that the date has been set for the Louisiana GOP Caucuses. That date is Thursday January 10, 2008 from 2 - 8 p.m. Important to note all the caucuses in the State will be held on the same day and there shall be 1 caucus per congressional cistrict, of which there are 7 in Louisiana. The location of all the caucuses has yet to be finalized by the party and I will keep everyone posted as this information becomes available. I know for at least the 7th District the caucus will be held in the city of Lake Charles, however the building has yet to be selected.

On a different topic, I want to thank everyone of the local organizers and Debbie and Matt at the national campaign for helping get the word out about the Friday 30th deadline for Republican registration for taking part in the Louisiana Caucuses. After talking with many of the elections offices and the secretary of state's office, I can tell you they received an "overwhelming" number of people changing their registration during the last 72 hours of the week. Because of your quick response and timely efforts all of our Delegates and Alternates will be able to take part in the process and win Louisiana for Ron Paul on January 10, 2008.

While the early deadline was a challenge, it forced us to come together and quickly organize our selves and our delegates on a state-wide level. The urgency and passion with which you all attacked the deadline brought us together and has prepared us for this next challenge. I've received reports from most of the districts that we have already confirmed more then 15 people for delegate slots, and that we are now filling up alternate delegate positions quickly. That is a great achievement and I want to highlight, those that have gone out of their way to get the Delegates we need; Steven Doug, Ed, Jennifer, Stephanie, Michele, Ben, Andrew, Richard, Carter, Rick, Robert, Dan and Josh and all those who work so hard behind the scene.

Our next challenge after all the delegate and alternate slots are filled, will be to start recruiting and organizing every GOP relative, family member, friend and co-worker of the delegates to turn out to the caucus and vote for both their friend and the list of 14 other delegates that are running together with their friend. To accomplish this we need to record, the name, phone number and email address of every single supporter who is willing to come to the caucus on Jan. 10 and vote. Other wise it will be impossible to pass along information, and give multiple reminders to our supporters of the time and location of the local caucus and the names of all the delegates to vote for.

There is no way to predict how many folks will be at each local caucus... some smaller districts may have 20 attendees and some larger districts may have 200 there is no way to know. So our only focus should be to assemble as many supporters in the next 40 days, as possible, then spend the last week reminding, confirming, organizing and helping all the supporters on the list to show up to the local caucus and vote.

How do we get the word out?

rpfreedom08
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
um.......it's the 22nd.

fortilite
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Eeek, you're right. The campaign sent out bad info again. :(

Greetings,

I apologize if this has been mentioned already but I found this on Louisiana GOP's main page. It looks like an update of where the LA caucuses are.

http://www.lagop.com/

Villere Announces Caucus Dates and Locations
December 19, 2007

Republican Party of Louisiana Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. today officially announced procedures to elect delegates to the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention.

Louisiana's Republican voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, January 22nd at 11 different caucus sites to cast their ballots for delegates and alternate delegates to the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention. Voters will cast ballots from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm that evening.

"We're excited about the upcoming caucuses," Villere said. "I believe this system will allow Louisiana Republicans to have a strong impact on the election of the next President of the United States."

The state convention will choose the bulk of Louisiana's delegates to the 2008 Republican National Convention. Louisiana will have a total of 47 delegates and 44 alternates to the national convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Three of Louisiana's delegate spots are already decided. Under RNC Rules, Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr., National Committeeman Ross Little, Jr. and National Committeewoman Hon. Kay Kellogg Katz serve as automatic national convention delegates. State Convention delegates will choose the remaining 44 national delegates and alternates and will adopt an official platform for the Republican Party of Louisiana.

The following cities will host the caucuses: Shreveport, Natchitoches, Monroe, Alexandria, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, Houma, Kenner, New Orleans and Covington. Voters will be assigned to caucus sites based on the parish where they are registered to vote. The listing of the caucus sites with the assigned parishes is at the end of this release.

Fifteen delegates and fifteen alternates to the state convention will be elected from each congressional district. Republican voters are eligible to vote in the congressional district where they were registered on November 30, 2007. In order to participate, voters must present a drivers license or valid photo I.D.

Those wishing to run for delegate or alternate delegate must submit an application to the Republican Party of Louisiana. Applications must be received at Republican Party State Headquarters, 11440 North Lake Sherwood, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816, no later than 5 p.m. on January 10, 2008, along with a qualifying fee of $100 for delegate candidates or $50 for alternate delegate candidates. Application form and instructions are available at www.lagop.com or by calling (225) 928-2998.

The state convention will be held at 10:00 am on February 16, 2008 at the Old State Capitol in Baton Rouge. All of Louisiana's 2008 national convention delegates will be uncommitted, except that if a presidential candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote in the February 9, 2008 Presidential Preference Primary, state party rules require 20 of Louisiana's at-large delegates to support that candidate on the first ballot of the national convention. If no presidential candidate receives a majority on February 9th, the at-large delegates will be uncommitted.

2008 Louisiana Republican Convention Candidate Nomination Application
Instructions for Becoming a Delegate to the 2008 Republican National Convention

2008 Caucus Cities
(Venues are subject to change)

Shreveport (CenturyTel Center)- Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Claiborne, Bienville, De Soto, Red River
Natchitoches (Natchitoches Events Center)- Sabine, Natchitoches, Winn
West Monroe (West Monroe Convention Center)- Union, Morehouse, West Carroll, East Carroll, Madison, Tensas, Franklin, Caldwell, Jackson, Lincoln, Ouachita, Richland
Alexandria(Walden Gym at Louisiana College)- Rapides, Vernon, Avoyelles, Concordia, Catahoula, La Salle, Grant
Lake Charles (Central School Arts & Center)- Beauregard, Allen, Jefferson Davis, Calcasieu, Cameron
Lafayette (The Family Church)- Evangeline, St. Landry, Vermillion, Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin, Iberia
Baton Rouge (Jefferson Baptist Church)- St. Helena, Livingston, W. Feliciana, E. Feliciana, Point Coupee, E. Baton Rouge, W. Baton Rouge, Iberville, Ascension
Houma (Houma Municipal Auditorium)- Terrebonne, Lafourche, Assumption, St. Mary
Kenner (Pontchartrain Center)- Jefferson, St. Charles, St. John, St. James
New Orleans (Morial Convention Center)- Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquemines
St. Tammany (Holiday Inn in Covington)- St. Tammany, Washington, Tangipahoa

rpfreedom08
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
lol no problem, We are turning in all the apps today for being delegates witch me and my wife are going to be delegates in the 7th district. Good luck to all of us :) We gotta win this battle!