PDA

View Full Version : R U PISSED!! THEN Do Something NOW! RUN the Commercials that WILL WORK!

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Here is the deal. We can complain and have a shoving match till we are blue in the face, but the fact remains -

If we want to win, we have to fight..

GET INVOLVED NOW WITH: http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

These are grassroots commercials that will make a difference.

If you think grassroots is the way to go, then lets do this. Get on board to get these commercials out there.

Visit the site and see what it is all about.

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Supporters might also consider focusing energy, go here, sign up, print the list, read the instructions, follow them, log off and get to work in your precinct:

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

paulitics
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I think the grassroots needs to do a nationwide advertising campaign, asap.

ThePieSwindler
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Donate to SC, PRONTO!

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I think if we changed the title of this post to something a little less angry then more people would go to this site... i think i'm gonna post this link elsewhere

fourameuphoria
01-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Bumpity fucking BUMP!

The campaign can do what they want, that's fine with me, I'm not going to lose faith over them because of Iowa.

But regardless, we need to go balls to the walls in getting these ads up and running! This should be spread through blogs, facebook, myspace, etc.

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Agreed!

We must unite and defeat the common foes that if elected will absolutely destroy our nation. This is not a libertarian thing, this is not a democrat thing, or a republican thing, or a independent thing. This is our nation, its our time to make a sound like none ever heard before.

ITS TIME TO ROAR!!!!

We must now take off the gloves everyone...and do something about what is going on as one fighting force.

www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com is a banner effort behind Jeremiah Black and his partners work.

But we will work with all the top directors, like eliberty, etc and others that have already contacted us to maximize the power of the machine of the grass roots.

I would encourage all of these media experts in tv, movies, graphic design to contact us. We need to form a super coalition.

BUT TO DO THIS THE MONEY MUST FLOW LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW OR THERE IS NOTHING ANY OF US CAN DO.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I think if we changed the title of this post to something a little less angry then more people would go to this site... i think i'm gonna post this link elsewhere

not today. everyone loves drama and that is what is selling today.
tomorrow, the thread title will change. :)

mport1
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
This is WAY better than the blimp. We should be raising hundreds of thousands for these ads.

qwerty
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
TOTALLY AGREE!

If the national campaign canīt make good ads, we have great grass-roots that can!

Donate to them!

fourameuphoria
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Any way we can set up some sort of pledge system for these? Psychologically, just having a level of assurance might do the trick.

Dutch
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I think this is arguably the best grassroots initiative up till now, and I have updated my sig accordingly.

Dutch

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 01:31 PM
bump...till we take back our party

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Totally agreed

McDermit
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Definitely agreed. The website should be beefed up a little though

BillyDkid
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Here is the deal. We can complain and have a shoving match till we are blue in the face, but the fact remains -

If you think grassroots is the way to go, then lets do this. Get on board to get these commercials out there.

Visit the site and see what it is all about.Lord, I have a question - two actually. Have these ads already been run in some places? Also, which chip in is the most important for me to contribute to? thanks, bdk

dehydratedwater
01-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Make a commerical with debate footages, him owning moderators/candidates in his reply and I will donate. In fact a whole bunch of folks will after we make it famous on youtube. We dont have an aggressive ad, we need one.

This I am PC/Mac style commercials are BORING!

HazardPerry
01-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Jeremiah Black has gotten screwed as far as i'm concerned. He's made these great ads out of his own pocket and nobody will run them. He can't get enough $ to run them himself and nobody seems to want to donate, despite the fact that everybody thinks they are "teh greatezt!" These ads are amazing, we need them on the air! Where have all the dollars gone :(

McKinley Mitchell
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I just pasted this in several message boards.

Hey you wrestling fans, you all ought to start shouting RON PAUL when ever Kane is shown on the monitor or in the ring. Get the crowd into it especially if it is on national television. If you are not a wrestling fan and have friends that are pass this along to them.

Have Ron Paul signs in the audience waving them around. This will get Dr. Paul's name out too a mass of people that have never heard of him before.

This should be applied at any sporting events.

WWE wrestler Kane supports Ron Paul and Bob Smither

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN20A...eature=related
Edit/Delete Message

dehydratedwater
01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I just pasted this in several message boards.

Hey you wrestling fans, you all ought to start shouting RON PAUL when ever Kane is shown on the monitor or in the ring. Get the crowd into it especially if it is on national television. If you are not a wrestling fan and have friends that are pass this along to them.

Have Ron Paul signs in the audience waving them around. This will get Dr. Paul's name out too a mass of people that have never heard of him before.

This should be applied at any sporting events.

WWE wrestler Kane supports Ron Paul and Bob Smither

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN20A...eature=related
Edit/Delete Message

try to submit this idea to digg/redditt! I will upvote

RON PAUL 4409
01-04-2008, 02:15 PM

I AGREE --- I AGREE ---- I AGREE

fourameuphoria
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Bump!

derdy
01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sending this out to my meetups!

McKinley Mitchell
01-04-2008, 03:58 PM
try to submit this idea to digg/redditt! I will upvote

I have no experience with digg. You are More than welcomed to do it.

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
This is all we need to finish all key production on the ads.

The will drive all the air time we need between now and super tuesday and beyond.

But we have to start making progress on the donations...

spread the word...i would hate to see people throw away a victory that is ours to have if we just try.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Lord, I have a question - two actually. Have these ads already been run in some places? Also, which chip in is the most important for me to contribute to? thanks, bdk

I am not involved with the operationbroadcastfreedom project - I just support it and we need to really get behind this.

In regards to 'which chipin' I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean between the operationbroadcastfreedom or the Call4Paul campaign? Go half in half.

I can't truly answer your last question without being biased.

Eric21ND
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
The grassroots should take over for the damn campaign fire everyone and start over!

TwiLeXia
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
blimp

i2ambler
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
We need to have an ad right NOW in New Hampshire saying "Do you think any more brave american soldiers should be dying overseas for a war that nobody wants to fight? vote ron paul."

tout the anti-war message! it is VERY strong.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 04:19 PM
We need to have an ad right NOW in New Hampshire saying "Do you think any more brave american soldiers should be dying overseas for a war that nobody wants to fight? vote ron paul."

tout the anti-war message! it is VERY strong.

YUP. They, the HQ, are making HUGE assumptions that people know Ron is anti-war/occupation/nation building.. A TON of voters don't watch the debates...

He needs to have three ads.

MY MONETARY POLICY
MY WAR POLICY
MY REPUBLICAN POLICY

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
We have just a very short time to fund these ads, or the whole project is dead.

paulitics
01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
This is WAY better than the blimp. We should be raising hundreds of thousands for these ads.

amen. I've seen the grassroots ads. And, they are impressive and gets the message out better than anything else I can think of.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
bump.

Benaiah
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
bump.

Has there really only been like $500 donated to this project?

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
PLEASE HELP, FOLKS.

If we don't get these things funded in the next few days, this project is DEAD on arrival and these ads will not be shown. Nor, will the already laid out and planned endorsement ad(s) be created and aired.

If you want to take back some control over how this campaign is going, this is a big opportunity!

NerveShocker
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Bump lets get these ads out there.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
bump

There is now a subforum set up about these ads.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75895

Please guys... tell your Meetup groups. Push this everywhere. We don't have much time.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
bump

rjl
01-04-2008, 11:10 PM
This project CAN be funded if everyone who wants to see it happen donates and convinces their Ron Paul supporting friends to donate and spread the word. I got a call the other day from a guy who's calling maxed-out donors to hit them up for this project. It was a great idea and he really showed the kind of initiative we're gonna need to make this happen (thanks Louie).

The other guys working on the project can only do so much. At some point soon we need the people that believe the ads will help Ron Paul to really make a push. It's short notice I know, but it's worthwhile. I'm calling everyone I know tomorrow to donate. Even my dad, who's a pretty staunch Democrat, donated. It was only 10 bucks, but I'm working on him :)

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Come on folks. A number of you have said how much you like these. If we're going to get them on the air, we have to raise money FAST.

Please donate what you can and pass this on to your respective meetup groups.

deedles
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
did a 50.00 chip-in for Michigan. Come on folks... we should be able to get these funded fast...

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
bump

LiveFreeorDie
01-05-2008, 12:00 AM

TV ads are a waste of $$. They are very expensive and most people skip commercials with TiVo & DVRs. Newspapers or direct mail campaigns are more effective.

rjl
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
TV ads are a waste of $$. They are very expensive and most people skip commercials with TiVo & DVRs. Newspapers or direct mail campaigns are more effective.

DVRs are in about 10-12 million homes. That's not much.

McDonald's, Coke, Nike, and hundreds of other giant companies KNOW that TV ads work. That's why they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on TV advertising every year. I've got two words for anyone who thinks TV advertising and branding doesn't work: Geico Cavemen.

Robert

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

driller80545
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Check out this commercial!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

jblackpost
01-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Check out this commercial!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

it's three minutes long. let's stay on topic here. which is to donate at www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com.

- jb

driller80545
01-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Sorry, I liked it/

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Sorry, I liked it/

It's great, but it's too long for a commercial. Plus, this thread is about funding the ads on Operation Broadcast Freedom.

Please help spread the word. We don't have much time to do this at all.

driller80545
01-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I see now. I will chip in as soon as my deposit clears the bank tomorrow!

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Thanks. :)

Bradley in DC
01-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Dean and Nancy, and I mean this as respectfully as possible, please don't waste money (or even risk being counterproductive like HQ's ads) on ads unless they are part of a researched, informed strategy.

Where are they running? What is the target demographic (this is from the crosstabs in the polls)? Have you tested the effectiveness of these ads for that demographic? You can see where I'm going with this line of argument.

Also, there is a general cycle with these ads: intro bio, issues, attack, end on a positive note on why you're the best guy. Make sure you time your ads in each place for the right part of the cycle.

Bradley in DC
01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I think if we changed the title of this post to something a little less angry then more people would go to this site

I'm still angry. :D

jblackpost
01-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Dean and Nancy, and I mean this as respectfully as possible, please don't waste money (or even risk being counterproductive like HQ's ads) on ads unless they are part of a researched, informed strategy.

Where are they running? What is the target demographic (this is from the crosstabs in the polls)? Have you tested the effectiveness of these ads for that demographic? You can see where I'm going with this line of argument.

Also, there is a general cycle with these ads: intro bio, issues, attack, end on a positive note on why you're the best guy. Make sure you time your ads in each place for the right part of the cycle.

The ads will be placed by our media buyer based on research of the top issues for each area of the state. And no, this is not his frist time doing this.

Thanks for the input, but making unconventional ads was the plan from the get go. And they've tested well so far.

- thanks again,

- JB

Oliver
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM

Single post troll?

Abyss
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
those ads are like 10x better then some of the other ads (IMO).

Lord Xar
01-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Single post troll?

yeah, you got me. I am a troll - but I am a special one. I have a ton of posts! :D

adpierce
01-05-2008, 02:34 AM
yeah, you got me. I am a troll - but I am a special one. I have a ton of posts! :D

Gotta love it when they call trolls people who have been posting here for a long time. Everybody's a troll! Who isn't a troll? I guess maybe if people stopped being idiots and calling people trolls the second they post something they don't agree with then the word troll would be a little bit better at describing a certain group of people.

noztnac
01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Look at this thread pertaining to ads that will be effective:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702

qwerty
01-05-2008, 02:49 AM
bump!

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:10 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
bump

me3
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Xar, contact Ron Paul Revolution Radio (rprradio.com) and ask to get on one of their better shows, or a couple shows with a call in, and promote the site.

A LOT of people who listen to RPR are not on the forums, and not in MeetUps. You can reach many untapped financial sources.

rjl
01-06-2008, 02:20 AM
This project needs everyone's support! We are nearing the deadlines for buying airtime and the funding is absolutely NOT there. It doesn't take much from each person if we get a whole lot of people behind it. Please donate to Operation Broadcast Freedom to get great grassroots ads on the air in the important early primary states. Tell other RP supporters you know to donate. We have to get the word out to Michigan, SC, and Nevada voters soon.

Robert

kutibah
01-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Bump

blackwrx
01-06-2008, 03:00 AM
This site is excellent. If I had any money I would donate, but I am definitely going to add a link on my blog.

blackwrx
01-06-2008, 03:00 AM
you should contact a moderator or something to get a sticky.

rjl
01-06-2008, 03:10 AM
you should contact a moderator or something to get a sticky.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71978

We have a sticky and a banner at the top of the main page. Right now I think everyone is looking for something to do and I think this is one very effective way to get Ron Paul's name in the heads of the voters.

Robert

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 05:16 AM
bump

ST0PandL00K
01-06-2008, 05:35 AM
foreign citizen so cant donate but awesome project i hope it gets off the ground!

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Itīs sad to see that people donīt support these ads...

:(

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
bump

JordanL
01-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Itīs sad to see that people donīt support these ads...

:(

I put in $25 for SC ads and it hasnt shown up yet... i think its just not updating.

danda
01-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I think this is a great effort. Have you folks considered running this video?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MXSea2W1qcg

I think it will capture a lot more attention than yet another serious-looking political ad, which a lot of people just tune out.

Seriously, I think that some funny, witty ads could create a lot of buzz.

danda
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
And from the same guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nuRSYrshSr8&feature=user

Maybe somebody should contact him for original sources, and run these on TV?

rjl
01-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I put in $25 for SC ads and it hasnt shown up yet... i think its just not updating.

Thanks for the donation! The ChipIn takes a while to update, and you may have to delete your cache/temporary Internet files to see changes. That's what ChipIn recommends.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 12:05 PM

I think it will capture a lot more attention than yet another serious-looking political ad, which a lot of people just tune out.

Danda, I think it is cute, but this isn't the type of ad that Jeremiah is making. Right now, he is trying to get the funds to film some very powerful endorsement ads. The endorsers are already lined up, but we have precious little time to make them.

danda
01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
So I guess an ad can only be run if it is made by Jeremiah?

silly me.

My point is that these have already been produced FOR FREE, and are sitting there for anyone to broadcast.

wfd40
01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
so wait.. we can manage 400k for a blimp.. but can't fund these amazing Commercials??

free.alive
01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
jeremiah Black commercials suck-

they are limited in appeal, one-dimensional, boring, vague

The campaign's commercials have been great since the first couple, especially the last few. Looking at the polls, I'm sure they're working. So forget about funding commercials and go knock some doors, Deliver your precinct for the good DR.

mavtek
01-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Interestingly, not completely sure if it's accurate, but the areas where these ads ran we did fairly decent in Iowa.

rjl
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM

silly me.

My point is that these have already been produced FOR FREE, and are sitting there for anyone to broadcast.

We'd gladly run other ads. The problem is getting in touch with people, getting clearances, ensuring broadcast-quality, etc. If we had more time I'd love to get more ads from other producers, but right now we're pretty much going with what we've got, which I think is pretty good.

free.alive
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
People, after reading these posts, I would really like to exactly WHAT it is about these ads that you all like.

I don't like them, that's my opinion, and I agree that a lot of thought needs to go into planning when they air to get the greatest effect.

As far as supporter created ads, is this the BEST we can do?

jake
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I think they have fantastic production value and Mr. Black should be commended for the technical side of things, however I don't think these are the necessarily the votes needed to win

What about that ad created for National Treasure 2?

jake
01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ogIIXrTE

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
It depends upon whom your target market is, free.alive. The first 2 ads were requested for a younger, hip audience. The 3rd ad, seems to me, to be targeted at traditional conservatives. The 4th ad is targeted towards Christians.

Not all ads will work in all states. Even within a state, certain ads need to be run in time slots/shows that correspond to the target audience. Rather than just being lobbed out there to be run, wherever, whenever.

In addition to the ads that already exist, they are trying to raise the funds to film some very powerful endorsement ads.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Please help fund the production of the new Endorsement commercials. Time is running very short.

free.alive
01-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Jake,

Could narration be added to that?

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Jake,

Could narration be added to that?

Guys, please take this discussion somewhere else. Thanks.

jblackpost
01-06-2008, 06:13 PM
jeremiah Black commercials suck-

they are limited in appeal, one-dimensional, boring, vague

The campaign's commercials have been great since the first couple, especially the last few. Looking at the polls, I'm sure they're working. So forget about funding commercials and go knock some doors, Deliver your precinct for the good DR.

Look, if you don't like the commercials, then that's fine. But either do something yourself or get out of people's way. A LOT of people like them, and if a lot of people like them, then they'll be good ads to run. That fact that you don't like them is irrelevant. The best thing you can do is to make your own ads that you like and post them to get donations. I encourage you to do so. But let's be clear: either DO SOMETHING, or get out of the way.

- jeremiah black

jblackpost
01-06-2008, 06:21 PM

silly me.

They're not sitting there for anyone to broadcast. No one has a copy of the ads, no one's been able to get in touch with the guy that made it, and it's not 30 seconds even.

Get it touch with the guy, get it down to 30 seconds, and get the releases for everything signed, and then it will "ready to broadcast." Until then...

I'd LOVE to show it. Hook it up, and let's do it!

- jeremiah black

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 06:38 PM
bump

scandinaviany3
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Thanks driller...we are not very far away...we have had much farther challenges and made it...this is just one more for the paul community to come behind with one of the biggest outcomes that will launch a coalition and whole series of further actions.

Momentum and unity must build for victory in these areas if we are to win.

scandinaviany3
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM

the big problem with all these is money. We have to have issue ads, endorsement ads as a baseline. Then we have to be able to have ads such as these on target shows, markets, etc.

But the money is too small to push too many ads. Even the ads we will do we have to consider if we rotate ads or only show target ads for a time then shift to another.

If we get to the point of big money these ads are fantastic ideas to bring some humor into the debates.

We have several others, graphic designers, dieing to do work if the money comes.

But everyone has given up so much time and money for free right now they can not survive.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
bump

scandinaviany3
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
bump

qwerty
01-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Bump!