PDA

View Full Version : How dare all of you.

DeadtoSin
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Guys, I'm really tired of all the Christian hate around here. First about a quarter of the topics I read are bashing the "crazed nut job Christians". Yeah, you might not mean all Christians, but you are talking about many people who are just trying to vote for what they believe in.

If you believe in what Ron Paul believes in, then why would you attack these people for trying to benefit America in the way they believe is right? Just because you don't think it is right doesn't mean anything for their vote. You have YOUR vote, why don't you use it how you believe is right? These are not "brainwashed" people as many of you say, they are people, who believe in Christ.

These are people we can win over from Huckabee to Paul. I am a Christian who tells other people about Christ and I believe in the Bible. I am also a thinker. I'm active in politics, I love Chemistry, I read books of all types. You cannot hope to place Christians together in a group labeled "brainwashed" because that is ridiculous.

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Were talking about pro-war (fake) Christians. Im an atheist and even I know that real Christianity isnt about perpetual war and invading the whole world. Jesus wasnt about that.

Grandson of Liberty
01-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Guys, I'm really tired of all the Christian hate around here. First about a quarter of the topics I read are bashing the "crazed nut job Christians". Yeah, you might not mean all Christians, but you are talking about many people who are just trying to vote for what they believe in.

If you believe in what Ron Paul believes in, then why would you attack these people for trying to benefit America in the way they believe is right? Just because you don't think it is right doesn't mean anything for their vote. You have YOUR vote, why don't you use it how you believe is right? These are not "brainwashed" people as many of you say, they are people, who believe in Christ.

These are people we can win over from Huckabee to Paul. I am a Christian who tells other people about Christ and I believe in the Bible. I am also a thinker. I'm active in politics, I love Chemistry, I read books of all types. You cannot hope to place Christians together in a group labeled "brainwashed" because that is ridiculous.
well said.

DeadtoSin
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Maybe YOU were, but the majority of the posts regarding Christianity in the last 24 hours have had a decidedly different and more hostile tone.

*Edit*

The majority of the posts that I have seen.

jd603
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Nobody hates christians, geez, are you a troll?

This kind of stuff is how the enemy wins, making people fight about religion or anything for that matter and ignoring our hi-jacked foreign policy that is ruining our country, the foreign policy that only Ron is going to actually change.

DeadtoSin
01-04-2008, 12:55 PM

This kind of stuff is how the enemy wins, making people fight about religion or anything for that matter and ignoring our hi-jacked foreign policy that is ruining our country, the foreign policy that only Ron is going to actually change.

No I'm not a troll. In the last 24 horus I've seen a lot of hating on Christians. That is how the other people will win, by the focus going on something like this. Unfortunately I have not been the one to place the focus here, I've seen people in the last night refer to Christians with no other addition to who they were as "F***ing idiots" and brainwashed. I'm tired of it.

Grandson of Liberty
01-04-2008, 12:55 PM

with respect jd, there have been an extraordinary amount of rude posts in the last 24 hours with all sorts of name-calling against Christians

parke
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Id take it easy on Christians too. I dont blame anyone for the way the vote. Huck is a preacher.. he's going to sway alot of Christians.. thats just fact.

Im not religious.. but I dont like the bashing either.

fortilite
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I blame ethanol.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Listen, if any of you think for one second there aren't plants in here who's only job is to create dissent when the opportunity arises.. think again.

--------------------------------------------

The strongest thing Ron Paul has going for him are grassroots. If you dismantle that - you dismantle the movement. Keep that in mind.

They will use every subterfuge, manipulation and tactics to disrupt this forum and its grassroots. Keep a clear mind and try to NOT namecall and get involved in obviously baiting posts.

I agree with the OP.

thuja
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I blame ethanol.

me too.

charger

An un-educated vote is not benefitting America. That is how we got to where we are today.
If you are to lazy to do the research don't just go through the motions on election night.
These people voted for Huck just because he claims to be the most Christian.
He reminds me of Bush.
Wrapped in a flag carrying a cross.

r3volution
ignore them , they are the same tards that are leaving after losing 1 state (a small and strange 1 at that) . we dont need them and they are not Representative of the movement ..

tsetsefly
No I'm not a troll. In the last 24 horus I've seen a lot of hating on Christians. That is how the other people will win, by the focus going on something like this. Unfortunately I have not been the one to place the focus here, I've seen people in the last night refer to Christians with no other addition to who they were as "F***ing idiots" and brainwashed. I'm tired of it.

the truth hurts...

I have family members that are religious, non of them a huckadick supporter, but they are THE MINORITY, the majority of christians are also very uneducated and very dumb...

fortilite
I'm an agnostic and I gotta agree. There are definitely posters here with an agenda against Christianity. Wish they would keep it to themselves.

And for a talking point to Christians who are planning on voting for Huckabee, just calmly suggest he reminds you of the money changer in the temple.

davidt!
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I am a Christian, I supprot Ron Paul. I know many other Christians who support Paul. In fact the was a poll here a couple weeks ago that showed that there were more people of faith on these boards who supported Paul than atheists.

Thumper
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Were talking about pro-war (fake) Christians. Im an atheist and even I know that real Christianity isnt about perpetual war and invading the whole world. Jesus wasnt about that.

No religion is about perpetual war, people need to be "educated" about our views, not "hated" for theirs. This includes conservative christians. We are all human, and we are all Ameircan (that will be voting), we have more in common with them than we probably realize and we should use that commonality to win their support.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Seems like we have a lot in common. I'm follow Christ too, and very involved in the sciences, so I feel your pain. I also felt like throwing up after seeing the results yesterday. I try to no longer call myself a Christian. If a Christian is one of those people that are brainwashed they voted for a false Prophet, Huckabee, then I am most certainly not a Christian.

Redirect your anger into convincing 'evangelicals' about Ron Paul.

UnReconstructed
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Why couldn't it be that there are a lot of Christians in Iowa? Did we really expect to win in Iowa? How many of the ads ran in Iowa did you like?

Time and time again, post after post about how the campaign isn't doing the right thing. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't do the right thing in Iowa. Maybe, just maybe, WE didn't do enough. Maybe, just maybe, we and the campaign need to do a better job of getting the message of freedom out to EVERYONE and not just on college campuses.

30% of the people that voted for Huckaboob last night chose him because of his stand on immigration. I would bet that if you asked them what his stand was they probably would not be able to tell you.

Christians are voting for Huckabee because he sometimes mentions God and he used to be a Baptist preacher. They have no idea about what kind of person he really is or what his vision for America is.

We need to get OUR message out to more people especially the Religious.

fortilite
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Let's not call people who voted for Huckabee "fake Christians". There is no such thing as a fake Christian/Muslim/Jew/athiest/etc. Plus it's pompous to say so even if it were true. They are simply people who made a mistake in our opinion. Just remind them that church is not a proper place for self serving behaviour, and that just like the money changer in the temple Huckabee's campaign is using people's religion for self gain.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Listen, if any of you think for one second there aren't plants in here who's only job is to create dissent when the opportunity arises.. think again.

Either by ignorance or intent this is happening

OhioMichael
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
First, I'd like to say that I have not posted anything bad about christians on this or any other site.

I think that the reason that some are frustrated with the Christians is the same reason that we are all frustrated with American Politics. People vote for candidates because they look, talk, and carry themselves in a certain way. Yesterday, 60% of Iowans who voted in the Republican Party identified themselves as 'christian fundamentalists' and many came out to vote for who was most like them.
We need to get beyond this populist thinking. America needs to embrace ideas, not catch phrases. America needs to embrace personal power, not empowerment of specialized groups. We have reached a point where marketing is more important than issues. Everyone and everything in politics is carefully labeled and package to fit popular stereotypes.

For example,
Huckabee = the Christian
Romney = the businessman
Obama = the change
Clinton = the experience

Unfortunately, few people actually consider the ISSUES and IDEAS that the candidates have. Our role is to wake people up from this!!!! WE have the responsibility to discuss large issues and advocate change.
People are frustrated because the system is broken. In this case, it was the 'christian' group that won in Iowa. It very well could have been the 'corporate' or the 'union' or the 'experience' group that proved to be the spoiler. Our job is to break these labels and empower people by appealing to their personal liberty no matter how the have been labeled in the media.

Bison
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
the majority of christians are also very uneducated and very dumb...

Thats a ridiculous statement.

I imagine it is hard for people to be "converted" to Ron when at last they finally come to this forum to learn more about him and instead they find people talking about what idiots they are. I personally hope that evangelicals never find this site, because of the very reasons DeadtoSin mentioned.

Its counter productive to in one breath talk about wanting to win the Christians over at the same time some members are ridiculing them. If they get the idea that Paul is anti-christian because of the contact they had with his supporters, then they are lost for good. We need their votes to win.

Try following Ron's example, I have never seen or heard him be uncivil.

Stick to the message. Everything else is just noise.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that the Christian sheep delievered Huckabee's win. That is a fact.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
An agenda against christians or an agenda against basing policy decisions on faith? hucaboosters want (IMO) political decisions based on their faith. I am a Christian (albeit, cafeteria Catholic), but... in no way do I want the government to make policy based on any religious faith.

fortilite
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
This message board is an embarassment.

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Let's not call people who voted for Huckabee "fake Christians". There is no such thing as a fake Christian/Muslim/Jew/athiest/etc. Plus it's pompous to say so even if it were true. They are simply people who made a mistake in our opinion. Just remind them that church is not a proper place for self serving behaviour, and that just like the money changer in the temple Huckabee's campaign is using people's religion for self gain.

I was a Christian for 17 years of my life. I am now an atheist. I have never been pro-war either times.

A pro-war, pro-big-government, pro-welfare-state Christian is a CHINO: Christian In Name Only.

If Jesus did exist (which he doesnt), Ron Paul would get into Heaven, Huckabee... Im not as sure about.

Ron Paul Fan
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
This message board is an embarassment.

You just realized this?

slantedview
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
i am a christian and of course know many others... and i am first in line when it comes to hating on hypocrite christian's who vote like sheep for whoever says god/jesus/religion/church the most, regardless of what their positions are. they deserve the criticism.

Nefertiti
01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I can't believe any Christian would go around calling other Christians fake. I'm Muslim, and we have a saying that when one Muslim says another Muslim isn't one, then one of them MUST not be Muslim. However, it could be latter or former, and so Muslims are always very careful not to make such accusations. Some non-Muslims could learn by example for this I think. You have no right to judge whether another person's faith is real or not.

AMack
01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm a Christian and although I haven't been a part of any of the Christian name calling, I do understand why people are angry with some Christians. Some Christians DO allow their religion to get in the way of reason. We need to continue our appeal to Christians which, by virtue of this country having a Christian majority, make up most of RP's support. Don't alienate ANYONE from our cause.

Personally I believe that Dr. Paul's reference to the Just War Theory is brilliant. I studied that theory in high school. You can reason with any Christian on the war issue because the Just War Theory is Christian doctrine. As a Christian, RP's reference to Just War scored big points with me.

I agree with the OP. Stop the hate. Get positive and focus on NH. We have the best pull with independents of all the republicans, and NH is a state where that plays a big part.

Thumper
01-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Man, there are a bunch of people here that really need to get over their own arrogant, pompous BS and practice what they preach. How about a little tolerance for others?? Your attitudes go a LONG way to alienate new supporters that are drawn to these forums. Your elitist bullshit gets old FAST. Just because we believe our candidate is right does not give ANY ONE OF US the right to treat others like shit, call them stupid,etc etc. That is no way to win support or convert others, it only serves to make people think that Ron Paul supporters are all assholes.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM

Oh don't be ridiculous. This is the curse of Americanism. As sure as Hersheys is fake chocolate, there are fake Christians.

RoyalShock
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
the truth hurts...

I have family members that are religious, non of them a huckadick supporter, but they are THE MINORITY, the majority of christians are also very uneducated and very dumb...

The majority of Christians are not "very uneducated and very dumb". They just have been brought up differently and think differently than you do. I would say that your blanket statements don't paint you in a very intelligent light. Ironic, isn't it?

Did some of you actually expect that generations of political conditioning would be reversed by waving some signs, handing out some slim-jims or e-mailing YouTube videos?

The results of the Iowa caucus are not insignificant. It is information we can all use as we try to understand where we are in the process of the revolution. Calling people f-ing morons or stupid sheep is wasted effort.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
the truth hurts...

The majority of Christians are not "very uneducated and very dumb". They just have been brought up differently and think differently than you do. I would say that your blanket statements don't paint you in a very intelligent light. Ironic, isn't it?

Did some of you actually expect that generations of political conditioning would be reversed by waving some signs, handing out some slim-jims or e-mailing YouTube videos?

The results of the Iowa caucus are not insignificant. It is information we can all use as we try to understand where we are in the process of the revolution. Calling people f-ing morons or stupid sheep is wasted effort.

Actually, as a Christian, I agree entirely with him.

Nothing has opened my eyes to the ignorance that exists in the Bible belt as last night.

Thumper
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Actually, as a Christian, I agree entirely with him.

Nothing has opened my eyes to the ignorance that exists in the Bible belt as last night.

Ignorance is a far cry from stupidity.

thehittgirl
01-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Seems like we have a lot in common. I'm follow Christ too, and very involved in the sciences, so I feel your pain. I also felt like throwing up after seeing the results yesterday. I try to no longer call myself a Christian. If a Christian is one of those people that are brainwashed they voted for a false Prophet, Huckabee, then I am most certainly not a Christian.

Redirect your anger into convincing 'evangelicals' about Ron Paul.

I know what you mean. I won't deny my faith but it can be hard sometimes esp since hubby is agnostic. When he vents, I hear, "because of your people"....(whatever he's venting about)

Then I go on to tell him not all of us Christians feel that way and stop lumping all of us together.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I know what you mean. I won't deny my faith but it can be hard sometimes esp since hubby is agnostic. When he vents, I hear, "because of your people"....(whatever he's venting about)

Then I go on to tell him not all of us Christians feel that way and stop lumping all of us together.

Not denying faith, but a label...

Bison
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM

There is ignorance everywhere. But even the ignorant need to be aware of somebody before they can vote for them.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Ignorance is a far cry from stupidity.

They are very intimate bedfellows at the very least...

Ronin
01-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I've been on forums like this for years and nothing good ever comes from debates on religion. People just need to get over last night and most people are just venting. We all cope with disappointment in our own way. Take the high road and move on.

Young_Apprentice
01-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Christianity is just a scapegoat for human stupidity in this case. Look how many people turned out to vote for one of the top three dems last night, and they didn't even have to appeal to anyone's religion. Humans are stupid for the most part. I say it's because our ancestors evolved in an environment totally different from ours today and a Christian might say it's because of Adam and Eve's sins. Same outcome: Stupid humans.