PDA

View Full Version : Call from an Obama person

jgmaynard
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
OK, I gave you what happened when the Hillary person called me and got dejected the other day.

I just got a call from an Obama person. They introduced themselves, and asked who I was leaning towards - I replied Ron Paul. She answered" Oh, Ron Paul. So that's definate then." :) LOL. It's like she knew Paul's people can't be converted. I congratulated her on Obama's win yesterday, she said thank you and hung up. LOL.

JM

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
OK, I gave you what happened when the Hillary person called me and got dejected the other day.

I just got a call from an Obama person. They introduced themselves, and asked who I was leaning towards - I replied Ron Paul. She answered" Oh, Ron Paul. So that's definate then." :) LOL. It's like she knew Paul's people can't be converted. I congratulated her on Obama's win yesterday, she said thank you and hung up. LOL.

JM

haha, should of tried to convert her then, or ask here if she has encountered alot of paul supporters...

markj
01-04-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL!

That's right! we cannot be swayed!

Good for you on the congratulatory nature of your response.

walt
01-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Why aren't you converting these people you slacker... ;)

don't let that phone back fool ya...

itshappening
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Nice !!

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I love stories like this! Us obstinate RP supporters will not be swayed!:D

Ethek
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I still get a chuckle out of that Hillary thread. Thanks!

Its good show that Obama is doing follow-up calls. I hope Ron Paul is doing the same.

hard@work
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't forget to remind them that Obama voted for the re-authorization of the Patriot act and war funding.

:)

skinzterpswizfan
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I can just imagine Ron Paul's campaign calling the Obama and Hillary supporters:

"Who are you leaning towards?"

"Barrack Obama"

"Oh, well you might as well just start supporting Ron Paul because by the end of this phone call you will be anyways. Let's just make it easier for the both of us."

"All right. Ron Paul '08!"

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey, if you do get a live person calling from another campaign TALK TO THEM! Either you will get them to reconsider or at the least you keep them from talking to anyone else :)

Voluntaryist
01-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I recently converted a couple Obama supporters myself:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75119

jgmaynard
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
LOL!

That's right! we cannot be swayed!

Good for you on the congratulatory nature of your response.

Thanks, that's the way things are in NH - we have two elections a year, and politics is actually considered polite dinner conversations. We are actually very fair to other candidates and supporters - like I said, I watched Iowa pre-caucus coverage yesterday with two guys from the McCain campaign. We were laughing and joking together.

haha, should of tried to convert her then, or ask here if she has encountered alot of paul supporters...

Naw, she has her thing to do. I'd rather spend my time converting undecideds.

Don't forget to remind them that Obama voted for the re-authorization of the Patriot act and war funding.

:)

Good point. How DARE those liberals not stand up for civil liberties :D

JM