PDA

View Full Version : WY has more delegates than NH

fortilite
01-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Just a heads up, Wyoming has 14 and NH has 12. Wyoming is tomorrow morning. Keep your eye on Wyoming because 3rd, 2nd, and even 1st are possible there.

Ethek
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I strongly suspect a Romney, McCain and Ron Paul finish there. It could be Romney, McCain, Thompson...

Disclaimer: This opinion is basically me talking out my *$$.

RP is very favorable in WY on the donor charts. However the donor ration in IA was a dismal 1:10. We will see.

Flirple
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Yep, wake up Wyoming. You're next. We need to simply keep picking up delegates here and there and slowly prove we are for real and can compete everywhere. The good news is that Ron Paul didn't put all his eggs into Iowa and has been doing some work in states such as Wyoming. I'm confidant we will get better than 5th in WY.

itshappening
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Romney will buy Wyoming

Xonox
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
We'll beat the Huckster, and Ghoulianni again... If we can beat Romney and win the state it will be good for media and morale.

seapilot
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Ron Paul has had good support and showing in Cheyenne. 300 plus people at a Rally and came in first in a GOP straw poll of 110 people.

Suspect he should come in at least 3rd or better. Would be a good morale boost to the troops before going into NH next week. Plus this is a delegate race at the finish line. We have got 2 so far, Julie annie has zip.

UtahApocalypse
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
My guess is Romney, Paul, McCain

RoamZero
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Im gonna be pessimistic and say it's gonna be Romney, Thompson, McCain, Paul

fedup100
01-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I will be shocked if Paul does not do well in Wyoming. People are migrating there from all over the Country that are fed up with the way things are going in this Country. Most of these folks are more informed than most........hope hope hope.

The Sheriff's there are strong and have sued and beat the feds there. An elected Sheriff in case you don't know it has all power in any county he is elected to. He can tell the federals like the IRS to stay out of their County and they will stay out.

rtil
01-05-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm hoping for a strong showing in Wyoming.

Yom
01-05-2008, 09:12 AM
NH has 24, it was not penalized like some other states. We won't win Wyoming, though, since its convention is basically all made up of the old guard - not many Paul supporters that get to have a vote.

j6p
01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Wyoming only has 12 due to voting early. Paul may only get 1 delegate.

TwiLeXia
01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
God, it seems that wyoming just popped out of nowhere. Then again, they are the state with the least people =( poor wyoming no one gives them any love

that being said lol they have a lot of delegates so I certainly hope we do well

GHoeberX
01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
NH has 24, it was not penalized like some other states. We won't win Wyoming, though, since its convention is basically all made up of the old guard - not many Paul supporters that get to have a vote.

I read on another site that 5 states have been penalized and both New Hampshire and Wyoming were among them!! So it's only 12 for NH

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Wyoming picks 12 delegates today at the county conventions, and 2 in May at the state convention. They would have had 28 delegates but they were penalized for moving early.

Ron Paul's popularity in Wyoming will have little to do with the results today. There are only 800 people voting, county delegates who were selected last month, with many positions going automatically to party officers. We sent hand written letters to all 800 people, which might help a little, but the result is pretty much pre-determined.

New Hampshire has 12 delegates, but they were penalized as well for moving early, and would have had 24.

Full delegate counts here:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-Del.phtml