PDA

View Full Version : Plan B

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I know some of you guys probably don't want me talking about the now realistic possibility that Ron Paul will not win, but I think we need to seriously consider a plan B to push forward the freedom movement without Ron Paul. Hell even if he does win this plan will only ensure our freedoms even more.

I think we should start getting some people from the movement to run for congress and compile a list of people running. Then we can have the meetup groups campaign for these freedom fighters.

Congress should be easier to over take because there are significantly less votes involved. And if we start thinking about campaigning for these guys now we should have plenty of time to get their names out.

First of all the list could start with Ron Paul himself. He has said before that if he doesn't make the nomination he will run for reelection in congress instead. It wouldn't hurt to help out his campaign for congress in Texas.

Does anyone know of any strict constitutionalists running?

matratzac
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
why the HELL is everyone talking about all this other stuff going on when WE JUST STARTED THE PRIMARIES

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 01:37 PM
We're only being realistic. He's polling worse in NH than he was in Iowa. And though there are a lot of independents in NH a lot of them will be sapped away by McCain and Obama and I don't expect him to get enough support to beat huckabee who has no reason to drop from where he is in the polls currently. We might beat Guliani but that's still a 4th place finish.

Andrew-Austin
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Someone from my district (RP supporter) is running for congress if I remember right.

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Someone from my district (RP supporter) is running for congress if I remember right.

Where are you from and what is his/her name?

VaderM5
01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Plan B = Vote for Dr. Paul as a Lib
Plan C = Write in Dr. Paul
Plan D = Vote 3rd party

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Plan B = Vote for Dr. Paul as a Lib
Plan C = Write in Dr. Paul
Plan D = Vote 3rd party

Yeah that's a good plan if you want the movement to stop dead in it's tracks.

The movement is > Ron Paul.

If you want to do that that's fine. In fact I might wind up doing that if Hillary wins and Ron Paul doesn't. However we need to start thinking of other ways to push the movement forward. And the best thing to do if we can't take the white house is to take districts and states. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead.

VaderM5
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't see how voting for any of the other mainstream canidates is going to benefit the "movement". To me RP is the only presidental canidate that appeals to me from the major parties. If you wan't get a list of canidates running for senate that are worth supporting. I think winning a few seats for worthy canidates would be a easier thing for us to accomplish.

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 07:56 PM
That's fine. I'm voting for him too. But I don't think I will vote for him as a 3rd party. If he doesn't make the nomination I'd rather he focused his effort on his reelection to congress. He would make a bigger impact there. Because let's face it. The country isn't ready to elect a third party and it isn't going to be ready until the internet is the main source of information. And we aren't there yet.

He is much more likely to win the reelection where he can actually acomplish something. And with the help of other freedom loving politicians at his side he will have a bit more power to do what he wants with government.

Like I said. Ron Paul losing is not the end of the movement. But putting all your eggs in the president Ron Paul basket would be.

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Talk about being a fascist... Holy cow.. if you even try and be realistic about Ron Paul then you get jumped on?

Agreed. There are people willing to send this movement to hell and a hand basket with Ron Paul. It's great to support Ron Paul. It's awesome even. He's the best candidate on the floor in either party. But he's not the only solution. We're all still going to be here if he loses. We might be a little less free and a little more poor but we'll still be here and ready to fight. And the sooner we plan for the alternatives the quicker we will be able to enact them. The movement must not end with Ron Paul.

Is there anyone out there who thinks they have the qualifications to run for congress and win? Or do you know of any candidates running with a constitutionalist platform? Let's get a list started and save our congress.

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
You might want to do a few searches before posting, just to save some duplication of effort.

http://www.ronpaulsacrossamerica.com

The Tao Of Bill
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
You might want to do a few searches before posting, just to save some duplication of effort.

http://www.ronpaulsacrossamerica.com

Awesome! Haven't seen that site before! Let's try to complete their list!