PDA

View Full Version : To all those whining about campaign HQ's

bucfish
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM
When will WE wake up and realize the BLIMP and THE AIR IS IMPORTANT AS the work on the ground. It helps us get MASS exposure. And to all those whining about the campaign not doing enough. Quit whining and step up and support a GRASSROOTS CAMPAIGN EFFORT. WE ARE THE CAMPAIGN!!!

Let's help OUR GROUND EFFORTS FROM THE SKY!!!

shadow26
01-04-2008, 12:26 PM
When will WE wake up and realize the BLIMP and THE AIR IS IMPORTANT AS the work on the ground. It helps us get MASS exposure. And to all those whining about the campaign not doing enough. Quit whining and step up and support a GRASSROOTS CAMPAIGN EFFORT. WE ARE THE CAMPAIGN!!!

I support the blimp, but...where's the communication? It is scheduled to fly today, but no one seems to know where it is. Is it flying? The GPS is all out of whack...it would take THIRTY SECONDS to post the following on the blog: "We are on our way to Tampa to pick up a news crew from Channel 13. Our GPS and other equipment is down, but we wanted to assure you that we ARE in the air and on our way to Tampa." Is that too much to ask for?

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I support the blimp, but...where's the communication? It is scheduled to fly today, but no one seems to know where it is. Is it flying? The GPS is all out of whack...it would take THIRTY SECONDS to post the following on the blog: "We are on our way to Tampa to pick up a news crew from Channel 13. Our GPS and other equipment is down, but we wanted to assure you that we ARE in the air and on our way to Tampa." Is that too much to ask for?
Exactly

xRedfoxx
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
agreed here too...hard for me to send money without accountability. I still LOVE the idea though.

Jake!
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
the blimp doesn't mean squat

the money would be better spent in local newspapers and radio ads

pacelli
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM

The communication was great during the first florida fly-over. We were having updates every few minutes from the official blimp volunteers.

tpreitzel
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM

The blimp is a brilliant end run around the MSM. Personally, it's probably one of the most effective means of introducing the name of Ron Paul to the masses who aren't currently engaged in the political process. MSM, e.g. print newspapers, are gradually fading in popularity and are unlikely to be read by the masses who are unfamiliar with politics. Most people are simply too irresponsible and pressed for time to do the appropriate research to find the facts on their own. The combination of the blimp which introduces the name of Ron Paul to these people and personal contact explaining his stance on constitutional government should be a good combination. The only improvement to the blimp would be illumination for operation during evening hours, but the blimp is probably VFR only. Keep up the good work. I've just bought some time for the blimp. :)

tpreitzel
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
the blimp doesn't mean squat

the money would be better spent in local newspapers and radio ads

Only time will tell, but the odds are likely against you. ;) As of now, Florida is the sole test case.

gecko42
01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Elijah tried to put up the GPS but he didn't realize it wasn't working until we landed. He is working with the programmers to resolve those issues tonight.

We did many loops around the downtown Tampa area, including portions of Rt 4 and 275 (major highways). Traffic visibly slowed when we were over the highways. I saw the blimp on an earlier run when we were driving to meet it. You can see it's a blimp for miles, and you can read it about a mile away. This is when it's 1000 feet up, as it has to be over more populated areas.

Elijah told me that he will be getting some assistance on the management side so he can spend more time blogging in the future.

gecko42
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Apparently, the Fox news crew cancelled today at the last minute. This makes 2 days in a row. We did have a reporter from a college paper, and a local Ron Paul meetup guy, as well as the blimpographer.