PDA

View Full Version : Is there a plan to WIN? This is serious.

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I need to know if the campaign has a plan to win this thing. This is serious.

They have been quiet about their plans, which is understandable. The grassroots and myself needs some reassurance that Ron Paul actually wants to win and we have a plan to win.

PlaytoWin
01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree. Some suggest Campaign HQ is in disarray. There sems to be a fair number of people in each state who are frustrated by the communication between the offical campaign and what everyone is doing on the ground.

I have no idea, but I would hope if they need help, they would reach out to the people who are obviously very committed to winning. There are plenty of people who have devoted tremendous time and energy as well as their money. Winning better be, and should be, the only measure of success of this campaign. Moral victories about the message getting out will get us nowhere.

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I'll take it that most on the forum are confident there is a plan?

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
A plan? To win Iowa AFTER the caucus?
To do something to raise poll numbers in NH 3 days before the vote?

The official campaign plan has been this all along: be incompetent, somehow eventually, things will be OK.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think there ever was a plan to win the election. I don't think they even expected this to happen. I think the reason they're in disarray is because the HQ is made up of the same people and types of people it had in 88.. and they weren't expecting this.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
right now the most important part of the plan is the precinct cpatain program.

all supporters need to participate to help get the vote out.

details:

we need to flood the boards with this. If every one of those 11,000 people had signed up for this program (or even 1,000 of them) this whole Iowa thing would have been totally different.

You believe in Ron Paul not because someone told you about Ron Paul, but because you heard Ron Paul yourself. If you introduce people to him, you and I both know, his message is irresistible. So don't you want to know how better to arm yourself? Are the people on Dogwood Dr. liberal, what about Ponds End Lane? Are there any gun owners? Are you good at talking to pro-lifers? Want to know where they all live? You can get all the meetups to do this (each member) and give each one a job - you talk to the gun owners, I'll talk to the tax people. Hey, Jake is a pastor, he can talk to the Christians.... got it? You dont have to talk to each person on the list, but you could. Or you could call them. Or you could leave the RIGHT slim jim at their house.

SO, the precinct captain program tells you how to talk to people. It tells you who to talk to. It tells you, gosh, everything. This is how it works: go here:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/voluntee...teer-training/

Then this will happen: they will ask for your name, address, etc. They will then take you to a screen where it will suggest your "precinct" this just means neighborhood. I was the first to sign up in my area (maybe even city) so I could choose any "precinct." I choose mine. This includes my street, and (don't freak out) a total of about 1100 addresses.

So, once you pick the precinct (you can look at maps of the area, there is a link) they then give you all these cool tools. You get a "walking list." This is the MOST AMAZING thing. It is a list of every address and all the people living there, and the issues important to them, and whether or not they are likely to donate to politics, and a scale of conservatism (1 is liberal 100 is conservative) and exclamation points if they have some sphere of influence in the community.

John Thomas 123 Maple St 77 $$ G T
April Thomas 123 Maple St 89 L
Allison Dark 124 Maple St 12 T
Gregg Dark 124 Maple St 25 !!!

so John is more conservative, is known to donate and we know he is interested in gun rights and taxes. April is even more conservative, and abortion (L for Life) is her issue. Allison and Gregg are more liberal (12 and 25) While she votes for lower taxes and he is "influential." (this could mean he owns a business, is on the school board, is in public office, who knows, but if he is converted, he would be a good source of more votes)

So, there is so much information. There are training videos, and at the end of the walking list it actually tells you how many of each slim jim you need for your precinct. Example, mine says this:

Total Slim Jims needed: 1194
Conservative General Slim Jims needed: 92
Independent General .... 554
Gun Owner ... 181
Life and Liberty...252
Fiscal conservativism.....109
border security....0

and then it says, if you cant get the special issue slim jims, to get
357 conservative and 837 independent.

see? I thought my area was highly conservative, but its more complex than that, and I know that my neighbors across the street are 88 and 96 on the scale (pretty conservative) and next door very liberal (12 and 14).

Don't you want to know these things? Its FREE, its ESSENTIAL. If there is ONE Ron Paul supporter who knows about this and is a) not doing it and b) not making sure everyone else does too, shame on you.

Dan Klaus
01-04-2008, 01:59 PM
good question...more thoughts on strategy to win the nomination??

Redcard
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Good lord.. all that data is really compiled on us and given out like that?

That's disturbing. Isn't that the kind of thing we DON'T want in our govenrment?

erin moore
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, political donations are public. donations to gop and pacs, I've seen them online. The other stuff is public record. There is a guy who lives on my street who owns the local car dealership... it bears his name, that's pretty obvious. (hence the !!! on the list) its all about cross referencing. I think its brilliant that they did all this. We should be grateful.

The other stuff I would guess is based on voting records. Moreover, think about this: you are a gun owner worried about you rights in Kentucky. You haven't heard of Ron Paul or don't really know anything at all about him. You always vote on gun issues, heck maybe you even own a pawn shop. So, one day a young woman comes to your door in her Ron Paul hat and says, "Mr. Smith? Hi, I'm Erin, I am volunteer for Republicians for Ron Paul in Hardin County. (already handing you the gun owner slim jim and DVD, and you're reading it now as I talk) Have you heard about Ron Paul, sir? Well he is the champion of the constitution, and that's one of the reasons I support him. His record on gun rights is the best of any candidate and he has a 20 year track record of upholding his firmly held principled beliefs .............

The same thing can be done for taxes, for immigration, pro-life, etc.

This is an amazing tool. I love it.

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Erin, that plan is great and excellent if he performs well in the early states. I don't vote until Feb. 5th, and I don't think I can convince anyone to vote for someone who is in 5th place in all the prior primaries.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
This is why I lie to pollsters and people who call.

I don't like lists. I don't even care if it's our side using them. I find that if a corporation can make a list, so can a government, and they've very well at that lately.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
So you're against it simply because it is a list? That doesn't seem logical. Ron Paul is using these lists to spread liberty and freedom, to educate people about their rights and how they're being taken away. He has a record that I believe in and I don't for a second think that because he has "made a list" that somehow he has become one of them.

McDermit
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I believe the focus is on delegates in most states. They're betting on a brokered convention.

E. Nordstrom
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
///////URGENT//////

This is not a democracy - this is a revolution. We can talk or we can do!

Want to give Dr. Paul $20 Million again?

We do too - Here is the plan in two phases! We need to unite, do not fix what isn't broken, stay with the proven methods of the 4th quarter, and whatever you do, don't make any more moeybomb websites, those of you who are, are killing the method - spammers and video pros needed - get the word out with all guns blazing!

Phase 1: Sign up to donate on January 21, 2008 - http://www.freeatlast2008.com over 3000 people now signed up and growing! - Trevor Lyman and Vijay Boyapati (In memory of Martin Luther King)

Phase 2: Sign up to donate on February 3, 2008 - http://www.libertytax08.com over $15,000.00 in pledges already! - Eric Nordstrom, Republic Magazine, Prison Planet, and an Army of IRS Haters (Make a fist and raise your center finger to the IRS)

The last stand of Ron Paul's Donation Machine (Us) before Super Tuesday! Either way, let's give Ron Paul the push over the top he needs for the general election and go out with the loudest noise possible.

http://www.FreeAtLast2008.com/images/banner468x60.jpg (http://www.freeatlast2008.com)

http://www.libertytax08.com/images/lt08ad1.jpg (http://www.libertytax08.com)

See: http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com for details.

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/images/rpmb_banner.jpg (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com)

Redcard
01-04-2008, 02:23 PM
No, I don't believe in lists that tell people what I like, what I feel, what I make. I don't think the government should have them, and they do.. so I sure as hell don't think businesses should have them. The fact that YOU have them suggests to me that they can be pulled up at will at any time by the government, and that bothers me.

I'm sorry.. I'll canvass another way, but I won't compromise my principles about intrusion into our lives to serve a candidate who's against intrusion into our lives.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Erin, that plan is great and excellent if he performs well in the early states. I don't vote until Feb. 5th, and I don't think I can convince anyone to vote for someone who is in 5th place in all the prior primaries.

Well there are several primaries coming up before then, so if you don't start now, it's only going to get harder if things aren't easy going in the next few weeks. Come on, people need to know about Ron Paul, and about how if anyone other than him gets elected we are going to lose even more of our rights.

There are a lot of independents and undecided voters out there. You don't have to spend a ton of time trying to convert someone who has already decided. Attitudes like this are why I can't organize any meetings in my area, because they think we can't change anything anyway so why try.... am I in the right place? Am I ina RON PAUL forum?

The choice for a lesser of two evils is still a choice for evil. Ron Paul is the only person in this race who can completely change Washington, and we can believe him when he says it becasue he has been saying it for 20 years. He has never voted to raise taxes, he has never voted for an unbalenced budget, he has never voted to raise his own pay, he voted against the Iraq war, he voted against the patriot act. He is a true Reagan/Goldwater conservative. Barry Goldwater Jr has publically endorsed Ron Paul.

Just saying that, will convince a lot of people.

JS4Pat
01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
We got tired of waiting on a PLAN to WIN by HQs - so we just made our own.

Have at it.

It's at least a great starting point...

http://ronpaulsupporters.camp7.org/Default.aspx?pageId=75363

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Erin, I appreciate your enthusiasm. My concern is that you and I may want this more than RP or his official campaign. I want to see them live up to their end of the bargain. That is why I am asking for information regarding the HQ strategy.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Erin, I appreciate your enthusiasm. My concern is that you and I may want this more than RP or his official campaign. I want to see them live up to their end of the bargain. That is why I am asking for information regarding the HQ strategy.

I don't think there is, though, honestly. And even if there was one, the HQ wouldn't give it out freely, because they don't want to tip their hands.

I think it's telling though, that RP isn't discussing HOW he's going to get congress to agree to the things he wants to do.

JS4Pat
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM

I think that is completely fair. I get the feeling the grassroots is much hungrier to win than is HQs or even Ron Paul himself.

Carole
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Get an ad in the newspaper right away.

They are non-intrusive, can be seen over and over, and inxepensive.

They do not interrupt lives of voters and they do not disappear after 30 seconds.

This can work.

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Carole, that is a tactic in the larger fight.

I am interested to know if national has a plan to win this darn thing.

dblee
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I have a halfway decent plan. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=2

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks dblee, does RP have a plan?

Redcard
01-04-2008, 04:37 PM
And I'd like to know his plan AFTER he wins the damn thing.

Talk is cheap for me. I'd like to see HOW he's going to get things done once he gets in. I know he's got a lot of ideas, but he's not going to be able to just wish the IRS away, wish the FED away, and wish the DoE away. He's got to build some kind of workable government that can accomplish these things.