PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Ads Don't Mention Opposition to the War

AMack
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I've noticed that none of Ron's campaign ads mention is opposition to Iraq. I realize that many republicans are still for the war, but I remember seeing a survey which suggested that only 1/3 of republicans knew that RP was the only republican candidate opposed to the war. Whether they agree with Ron's opposition or not, they NEED TO KNOW that Ron is the anti-war candidate in the Republican party.

Honestly, I think that we need to EMPHASIZE Ron's opposition to the war. I'm a former neoconservative who was in denial about the war in Iraq, and who jumped to support Ron Paul as soon as I found out that he was opposed to the war. I was looking for an excuse to oppose the war, and this campaign showed me that there are many republicans who prefer peace to misguided interventionism.

Ron just released a TV ad which mentions that he receives the most donations from the troops, but mentions NOTHING about his desire to bring the troops home. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVmVJJaLkM) THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE. We need to let the campaign know that this issue is what makes us stand out and what gets us the most votes.

Anyone agree? Who is with me?