PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from RP's next debate performance?

wecandoit
07-16-2007, 10:20 PM
We always seemed to get such a bump after a debate, and it's been a while since the last one.

I'm thinking this next debate we may see a marked change for a number of reasons.

In the other debates he was 7th or so in money raised, now he is a strong 3rd.

In the time since the last debate, he has been a lot of places and seen just how much of an impact he has had on people, understands now just how many people he is speaking for, this has to bolster him.

His debate performances have always been good, but now I expect to see a more confident, forceful Paul.

I am hopeful that he is treated like the #3 in the running, as McCain and Huckabee were treated in the earlier debates by the moderators, we'll see.

My last thought on the upcoming Aug 5th debate is what kind of impact it could have on the Aug 11th Straw poll, hopefully good.

DjLoTi
07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
ABC and George Stephonopolus are hosting it. Ron Paul was interviewed by him and ABC broke the story about him having more money then McCain.

I expect Ron to come in at 4th with the most amount of time in the debates, and I also expect his support to grow as an effect as well.

Shellshock1918
07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
IF THEY WOULD STOP ASKING HIM ABOUT HIS WAR VOTE every time he gets questioned and ask him about his other views; economy, taxes, monetary policy. I realize the war is important but damn, its flogging a dead horse asking the candidates 5 times about Iraq.

Tuck
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
When is the ABC debate? Instead of focusing on voting for paul in polls after the debate we need to send in more questions just for him so they see that support is real.

aravoth
07-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I expect Stephenopolus to be a complete douche bag. Probably ask him some kind of idiotic question like, "really, what are you doing here, you can't possibly win". Then I expect Ron Paul to answer with some classical old man wittiness putting The young reporter right back in his place. Then I expect Rudy to jump on the moment for an appluase point only to be crushed over that shiney noggin of his by Optimus Paul swinging the liberty bell like a medival mace.

In reality it will most likely be the same. The others will say, "blah, blah, blah, terrorist, blah, 9/11, blah blah, evil, blah, blah, national ID Card, blah, nation building, blah, blah. But of course, they won't have any clue what they are talking about as usual. So Ron Paul will smoke them all again, and gets huge gains, again, and raise more money, again, and the ministry of truth will do thier best to either ignore, or discredit him, again. I like the first version more.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 10:33 PM
It's Sunday, August 5 on This Week on ABC. I think it comes on at 8 am CT.

I wish a couple of more candidates would drop out before then, but I don't know that it'll happen.

I assume that Giuliani and McCain won't participate since they're not participating in the straw poll?

FreedomLover
07-16-2007, 10:37 PM
They more time they give him, the more impressive he will be. He showed that in the other debates, he gave some very heartfelt answers and informed opinions with the little time he had.

Of course, when you're speaking in truths, it's harder to stumble on your words, he has that advantage over the others.

wecandoit
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
even at 8am, many more people will see Ron Paul than in the other debates.

over the air vs cable

DjLoTi
07-16-2007, 10:45 PM
That's 6am PT. Why on earth are they doing it so early, and on a Sunday???

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe they'll put him in one of the spots closer to the middle rather than the very end

Richie
07-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I really look forward to this debate. Did anybody else find it unusual that there were no debated this month (July)? It's been torturous waiting for this one.

Cunningham
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
WTF. It's stupid to have that thing on so early in the morning. Oh well.

I think the next round of debates are going to be huge for Paul. Most people don't really start following the election until the fall. If they ask him about some things other than the war and give him some more time I expect he'll own the other canidates as usual. It should get a lot of Iowa viewers which will help with Ames. I really think his campaign is going to explode in popularity in the fall.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
That's 6am PT. Why on earth are they doing it so early, and on a Sunday???

No, I think it comes on at 9am PT; it's not live. It's on then because the This Week program is hosting it and that's when it's normally on. I wish ABC News would run it in prime time, but maybe they figure not many people outside of Iowa care.

Uh-oh, what I typed above just hit me: It's not live. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the old editing scissors to it, especially if Dr. Paul comes off well.

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
IF THEY WOULD STOP ASKING HIM ABOUT HIS WAR VOTE every time he gets questioned and ask him about his other views; economy, taxes, monetary policy. I realize the war is important but damn, its flogging a dead horse asking the candidates 5 times about Iraq.

I agree. I hope if they do that to him again that he just steers the answer another direction.

I REALLY hope he shows his very strong stance to deal with the illegal alien invasion of our country.

Harry96
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
I think the next live, prime time debate is on PBS in September, then the live, prime time network debates start in October. The herd should've thinned significantly by then, and I won't be surprised if it's down to the front-runners and Paul by that point.

LibertyEagle
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I hope Paul IS a front-runner by that time.

Sematary
07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Maybe they'll put him in one of the spots closer to the middle rather than the very end

Don't count on it;

Sematary
07-16-2007, 11:21 PM
I hope Paul IS a front-runner by that time.

Don't count on THAT either. It's only a few weeks away, isn't it?

I expect that the field will narrow by the Iowa Caucus next year and that one could spell the end for a couple of the "top tier" candidates but RP is spending wisely and gaining traction. I expect he'll make it through the primaries in good shape.

buffalokid777
07-16-2007, 11:21 PM
I expect Stephenopolus to be a complete douche bag. Probably ask him some kind of idiotic question like, "really, what are you doing here, you can't possibly win". Then I expect Ron Paul to answer with some classical old man wittiness putting The young reporter right back in his place. Then I expect Rudy to jump on the moment for an appluase point only to be crushed over that shiney noggin of his by Optimus Paul swinging the liberty bell like a medival mace.

In reality it will most likely be the same. The others will say, "blah, blah, blah, terrorist, blah, 9/11, blah blah, evil, blah, blah, national ID Card, blah, nation building, blah, blah. But of course, they won't have any clue what they are talking about as usual. So Ron Paul will smoke them all again, and gets huge gains, again, and raise more money, again, and the ministry of truth will do thier best to either ignore, or discredit him, again. I like the first version more.

I think your right....

I think boy george will try to sabotage him and keep him on the sidelines and Ron Paul will make the most out of the time he is given.

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
8 AM?!

Thank God for youtube

Sematary
07-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I think the next live, prime time debate is on PBS in September, then the live, prime time network debates start in October. The herd should've thinned significantly by then, and I won't be surprised if it's down to the front-runners and Paul by that point.

That sounds right to me. I think by then we could be looking at Romney, McCain (if he doesn't drop out), Guiliani and Paul and possibly Tancredo and that Fred Thompson clown. RP will SMOKE them.