PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "big secret" HQ plan?

Quick
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Prior to the 16th, people were speculating here that if we hit the goal we were aiming for that the main campaign HQ had this big plan in store that not even the MSM could stop.

Several people claimed they knew what it was, but really couldn't say. Threads and threads were made with people speculating, getting angry, and so on.

So, was it all a big lie? Or was the "big plan" that infomercial that was aired?

Coming out of Iowa, we really need to get some of the momentum we lost restored.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe because we didn't hit the goal before the tea party?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, we NEED this momentum back, and then some! Iowa was a FAILURE for us, even though there was success, we didn't meet our expectations, and, to be frank, its because we really didn't produce a concentrated effort on GETTING OUT THE VOTE.

Man, I'm sounding like a broken record today. :P

The official campaign cannot channel the energy that is the grass-roots campaign, and it is OUR responsibility to GET OUT THE VOTE. We have people out on the ground but they really don't have our online support and coordination.

If you want momentum, we have to put our minds and energies together and MAKE it happen.

Check this out, this is the only idea I've seen (I'm biased, since it is mine :p) to save the campaign!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74993

We can do this for Ron Paul, if we actually start doing it! :)

american.swan
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Another poster said HQ got cold feet and scared to spend any money on a national ad campaign because we got 6 rather than 8 million at the tea party. So HQ is holding the money for ????WHAT???? we don't know.

It seems HQ is just sending out mailings and setting up a few phone banks here and there for minimum wage workers to make phone calls.

We don't have any clue what HQ plans to do. We know Rudy's plan. Paul we don't know.

manny
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
i remember that! all those 60 page threads that I read through only to get to the end and find nobody knew lol

Abyss
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
if HQ spends the money in a useful way I (and I am sure the rest of us) will donate more.

No point to donate if there is 15M sitting doing nothing amirite?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
The official campaign needs to start taking Ron Paul to the American people. Whistle stops! That's how Truman made history by holding up a newspaper! ;)

Quick
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
So, I guess that was just all hype.

The only reason I bring this up is that the same person who claimed that there was some big plan that cannot be discussed is on the forums today saying that 3 top level HQ people are going to be replaced (or something along those lines).