PDA

View Full Version : Expect 4th in NH

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
SC wil be a 4th also...We are running Zero TV ads (beside NH) right now - The campaign is making a tactical mistake in being to conservative with our money. Without a media blitz - our cause is dead - we need to pressure the campaign to spend the money we gave then and - 20-40 million will follow -

NOT

the other way around where we cough up 23 million more and then they buy 5 million in ADS in Nevada.....

MusoSpuso
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
SC wil be a 4th also...We are running Zero TV ads right now - The campaign is making a tactical mistake in being to conservative with our money. Without a media blitz - our cause is dead - we need to pressure the campaign to spend the money we gave then and - 20-40 million will follow -

NOT

the other way around where we cough up 23 million more and then they buy 5 million in ADS in Nevada.....

I expect 1st.

Expect less and you will get less.

runningdiz
01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Wait i thought you were the one who was telling us about some big suprise the campaign had? Now your sitting here begging them to run more comercials. Whatever happened to you "bg secret"

kushaze
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I think the campaigns strategy is to rely on the grassroots for the first few states and to spend the money at some later date. I am not sure whether this is a good idea.

paulitics
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
How is it possible to be running zero ads in NH when they are sitting on all this money? NH is make or break. The time to be frugal is not now.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Wait i thought you were the one who was telling us about some big suprise the campaign had? Now your sitting here begging them to run more comercials. Whatever happened to you "bg secret"

I was told by an official inside if we hit 8 million at the Tea patry which we did not - HQ was running a National Media Blitz - instead they are pulling back from that strategy

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
SC wil be a 4th also...We are running Zero TV ads right now - The campaign is making a tactical mistake in being to conservative with our money. Without a media blitz - our cause is dead - we need to pressure the campaign to spend the money we gave then and - 20-40 million will follow -

NOT

I am really tired of your negativity and campaign bashing.

It isn't your job to criticize the campaign, it is your job to take action in your location, in your neighborhood. Do it and stop the complaining.

If you have not personally knocked on every door in your precinct, you need to look in the mirror, stop bad mouthing the campaign, get off the net, and canvass your precinct.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I am really tired of your negativity.

It isn't your job to criticize the campaign, it is your job to take action in your location, in your neighborhood. Do it and stop the complaining.

You appear to be a clueless Troll so step off my Thread dude

LJHudd
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM

If you have not personally knocked on every door in your precinct, you need to look in the mirror, stop bad mouthing the campaign, get off the net, and canvass your precinct.Amen! I can't believe this guy thinks he knows what's best for the campaign. I have faith in Dr. Paul's leadership.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Amen! I can't believe this guy thinks he knows what's best for the campaign. I have faith in Dr. Paul's leadership.

Please don't be clueless...

LJHudd
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Guess I'm a troll too. :rolleyes: Anyone who disagrees with you must never post in your threads.

LJHudd
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Another clueless sheepYes, keep it up... and again, YOU know what's best for the campaign AND this forum? Calling me a sheep? Unreal. I'm not surprised to hear the complaints about this forum today... unreal. Don't worry Mr. Know-It-All, I'll leave your thread now.

QuadForce
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM

If you have not personally knocked on every door in your precinct, you need to look in the mirror, stop bad mouthing the campaign, get off the net, and canvass your precinct.

The problem IS the campaign.. Grassroots is doing its job.. the campaign is not. I'm with Ghem on this one. I've seen 0 ads here in SC. How do they expect to win without advertising? A new strategy is needed. It's like they're afraid no more money will come in after they spend it. If RP doesn't place well in the next few primaries I expect donations to die.. just like his campaign.. If he does do well the donations will 'surge'

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Once again you are full of horse shit. I have seen more Ron Paul ads than any other candidate besides Hillary and Obama.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Once again you are full of horse shit. I have seen more Ron Paul ads than any other candidate besides Hillary and Obama.

Besides NH

aravoth
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Besides NH

Thats not what you said there george. You just edited your post.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
not to mention the KICK ASS mailers he has been sending out :)

jankyflava
01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
wow, after only one small representation of the country voted you guys are all at each others throats? why not pull together and focus this energy at getting the message out? there are millions to reach still...

Primbs
01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
The media will write off the campaign if we don't do well in New Hampshire or win a primary soon there after. Time to throw everything in to win a primary.

paulitics
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
We need to focus like a laser beam into this state. I think anything less than a 3rd place finish and it is over. If we manage to only capture 3rd, we still have not advanced, but haven't lost. I just hope transportation is being provided. If not, we need to raise the money for this.

Obama has a better organization, and throws pizza parties, etc. We need to do everything we can NOW, or its over. People need to be physically taken to the polls.

Santana28
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I think the campaigns strategy is to rely on the grassroots for the first few states and to spend the money at some later date. I am not sure whether this is a good idea.

i think that is a damn fine strategy. by the later date, it will be a 2 or 3 man race - and only our good Doctor has the untapped financial resources to reach into that havent already maxed out in order to advertise in states where the competitors will have little to offer. plus we have the grassroots. we NEED money for that.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75047

yoshimaroka
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
place 4-2 place in most primaries and wait until Super Tuesday

maggiebott
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
May as well get my 2cents in here. Headquarters needs to spend money on ads for N.H. NOW!
We could take this state and imo it would generate more money as posted earlier.

partypooper
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
SC wil be a 4th also...We are running Zero TV ads (beside NH) right now - The campaign is making a tactical mistake in being to conservative with our money. Without a media blitz - our cause is dead - we need to pressure the campaign to spend the money we gave then and - 20-40 million will follow.

you sound like 4th place is a given, but it isn't. in most polls that i have seen we are 5th. on the plus side, guiliani is going down, so we might end up ahead of him, but on the downside some supporters might be giving up + many independents are more likely to go and vote for obama.

manny
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM
place 4-2 place in most primaries and wait until Super Tuesday

Looks like this is what they're thinking, otherwise difficult to explain how uninterested they seem in early states. Risky though since, although others will drop out, the media hardly need a big excuse to exclude RP from the debates.

Lucky he has such a good message and supportive grassroots. If we do well in NH it will hopefully see us through the next month.

Imagine an in-depth debate between RP and say Rudy and Mitt - I am sure that, given time, the public will see who was right all along about the war and the economy.

Hope it all works out.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 12:21 PM
they are

May as well get my 2cents in here. Headquarters needs to spend money on ads for N.H. NOW!
We could take this state and imo it would generate more money as posted earlier.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM

My understanding is that they are, Maggie. What makes you think they are not?

libertythor
01-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I was told by an official inside if we hit 8 million at the Tea patry which we did not - HQ was running a National Media Blitz - instead they are pulling back from that strategy

Damn! He should at least do a half version! That would motivate more people to donate even larger sums!!!

hells_unicorn
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
You appear to be a clueless Troll so step off my Thread dude

The fact that you've lived on this forum for the past few months does not mean you are in charge. If Ron Paul is to prevail, he will do so precisely because he DID NOT listen to people like you.

wfd40
01-04-2008, 12:26 PM
can we ban this guy??

Ron Paul Fan
01-04-2008, 12:27 PM
How is that Grassroots Advisory Board working out?

amonasro
01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Ghemminger you have to stop all this negativity. This campaign is far from over despite our loss. If your years and years of political experience can contribute something useful, do it. If not, stop.

PlaytoWin
01-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't see why people are so upset about GH's comment we need to spend the money we have now to have a good showing. Objectivity and self analyzation are key to a well run business. The campaign needs to be run like a business. You have to spend money to make (raise more) money - period. Holding back hoping the grassroots will get him through the early stage is not smart. If we do not place 3rd in NH or SC, we have an incredibly tough uphill battle.

One poster from SC verified what GH said stating there has not been one commercial in SC. I have seen Justin and others pleading for help in SC because they are not getting the support from the offical campaign. Ron Paul raised $20 million dollars and, just an observation, there doesn't seem to be a tangible product the campaign has put out.

I am over Iowa, but obviously we need to do more. At the grassroots level, we can start by getting our asses off this board and go do the grunt work. The official campaign should spend the money we gave them to WIN. More votes begets more money!!In business it is about results, if Ron Paul isnt getting results, why not consider new ideas and strategies?

What I m I missing here?

r3volution
01-04-2008, 01:38 PM
just go away ..

BillyDkid
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
SC wil be a 4th also...We are running Zero TV ads (beside NH) right now - The campaign is making a tactical mistake in being to conservative with our money. Without a media blitz - our cause is dead - we need to pressure the campaign to spend the money we gave then and - 20-40 million will follow -

NOT

Good God, NH is supposed to be our state!!! I don't want to second guess, but I certainly hope they are spending that money. Ron himself said that is why we gave it to him. If we get 4th in NH, I will be more than discouraged. I will puke. They need to megablitz the airwaves. Unlike some other candidates (Shmuckabee) the media does not give us mountains of free air time. Isn't there supposed to be some law about that - the media actively promoting some candidates for free while actively marginalizing others?

coboman
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I expect 1st.
This positive thinking and "The Secret" crap has gone out of control.

BillyDkid
01-04-2008, 01:49 PM
To be honest, this "the grassroots isn't doing enough" stuff really bothers me. Without us the campaign would be nowhere. It is the grassroots that put the campaign on the map. It's up to them to use this tremendous support and take advantage of this advantage they have - genuine, passionate enthusiasm and generous contributors.

BillyDkid
01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
The media will write off the campaign if we don't do well in New Hampshire or win a primary soon there after. Time to throw everything in to win a primary.
Yes, I was under the impression that everyone's expectation (including the media's) that if any state would be our state it would be NH. I think we HAVE to do well there. If we don't I hope I am wrong.

1town
01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
4th sounds about right. 3rd would be a miracle, and if you expect anything more, you are delusional

Jeremy
01-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Haven't you talked to them on the phone before? Why don't you call them... tell them grassroots want more TV ads.

Gimme Some Truth
01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I expect 1st.

You can only expect that if you put in the campaigning that will warrant a 1st place. Im not saying you havent , but as Spirit of 76 stated in his great post I doubt that everyone here is doing all they can to backup their high expectations. Iowa proved this to a large degree.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't see why people are so upset about GH's comment we need to spend the money we have now to have a good showing. Objectivity and self analyzation are key to a well run business. The campaign needs to be run like a business. You have to spend money to make (raise more) money - period. Holding back hoping the grassroots will get him through the early stage is not smart. If we do not place 3rd in NH or SC, we have an incredibly tough uphill battle.

One poster from SC verified what GH said stating there has not been one commercial in SC. I have seen Justin and others pleading for help in SC because they are not getting the support from the offical campaign. Ron Paul raised $20 million dollars and, just an observation, there doesn't seem to be a tangible product the campaign has put out.

I am over Iowa, but obviously we need to do more. At the grassroots level, we can start by getting our asses off this board and go do the grunt work. The official campaign should spend the money we gave them to WIN. More votes begets more money!!In business it is about results, if Ron Paul isnt getting results, why not consider new ideas and strategies?

What I m I missing here?
agree...

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I trust the campaign. I'd just like to know where that $20 million is.
Are they being blackbox hypocrites or is it an issue of campaign security?

S3eker
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
SC wil be a 4th also

This is a good assessment. What I will be looking at is how well he does compared to Huckabee, and McCain. If RP gets 5 and the Hick get 6 and Mc Cain 7 then we are good.

It's not a football game. We need to look at the spreads and running totals. You have to do the averages after the first caucus primary. If Paul does 10% in NH then he has a 10% total. Huckabee has 34% right now so we need him to do bad. If Huck gets 0%, he still has 17% for a running total. This still looks good for the Huck camp. We need to do better than 10%. Rudy needs 6% more than us to be even with us. I think Romney and McCain will be looking good after NH with Huck 3rd. We need to beat out Thompson first then we can focus on the others.

Duckman
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I expect 1st.

That's great, but what is this based on? Iowa showed us, unfortunately, that the polls are not that inaccurate.

gaazn
01-04-2008, 03:15 PM
that's probably because there's a lot of ads on the radio. with the radio you get a captive audience since people are stuck in their cars with not as many options to change the station. there's also a lot of mailers.

Richandler
01-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Ron has to be conservative with his money. We don't exactly have special interests to help us out in fund raising. Look at Rudy, he's broke and nowhere to be found and he has spent more than twice as much as we have raised total. I honestly think Mitt is the only one who can be financially flexible simply because he has the personal money to do so. We however do not. How much have we raised this quarter? Not Much!

bp2519
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I am so completely sick of seeing ghemminger's posts.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
My understanding is that they are, Maggie. What makes you think they are not?

I was under the impression that there was literally no more time to be bought.

Also, what ads are running.. from what I have seen, they are not very inspiring.
Are they gonna run the Veterans for Paul ad???

AdoubleR
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I am so completely sick of seeing ghemminger's posts.

I was going to block him then decided not to in case I might need to help bury him in the future...

RP4Pres2008
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Haven't people come to the realization that ghemminger just wants the campaign to purchase the commericial he was in and play it across the country. He wants the attention on him, his wife, and kids...therefore he can't be taken seriously.

Anyone seriously into the movement would go out and do all that THEY can instead of yelling and blaming others. So everything didn't go perfect and mistakes MAY have happened. We'll learn from this together and do better. I suggest you do the same.