PDA

View Full Version : What Does It Take To Get A Statement From HQ?

rockwell
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Why wasn't there something last night? Or first thing this morning?

Why the lag time on every event of significance? You think Washington hid out in his tent until a week after the Battle of Trenton? It would be really nice, polite even, and encouraging to hear a word from the candidate about how happy/proud/energized he is by the results- something, anything except...silence.

If I'm wrong, tell me, but this isn't what I thought this was all about, I thought there was going to be some give and take.

FSP-Rebel
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Ron needs to grab his staff by the neck. They are really starting to disappoint me... not like I'm going anywhere though

rockwell
01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm not either, but this is bullshit. If he's running for leader of the US, how about seeing some leadership of this campaign, I'm starting to feel like a red-headed step child.

Zarxrax
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Um, he gave a speech after the caucus last night.

mkrfctr
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
which would be great zarxrax for the thousand or so people who listened/watched online and however many hundred(s) were actually there ... the rest of everyone ... so far has nothing.

I agree, wtf is the difficulty in writing up something and releasing it in a timely fashion ...

rockwell
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Um, we weren't all at the Caucus. There's zip at his official website, no press release as of 12:00 EDT

Maybe it should be stickied at the top of the Iowa Caucus thread?

Just sayin'

Jake!
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM

it was live on ronpaulradio and justintv

and will probably be on youtube soon

Brown Sapper
01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Has anyone heard anything from the campaign since the official results? Was there anything from the camp in Iowa?

angrydragon
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Dr. Paul needs to stop being so quiet about running his campaign and start taking charge.

Dr.3D
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
it was live on ronpaulradio and justintv

and will probably be on youtube soon

Seems the campaign would have had somebody with a video camera and a video on the site by now.

blakjak
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I've been waiting for one all morning...

rockwell
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
But, but, but it was on Justin radio!!!

*Shakes head in disappoinment.*

colecrowe
01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Seems the campaign would have had somebody with a video camera and a video on the site by now.

Like I've said, this would be a great campaign if it was running on $20,000 dollars and it was for the State Assemblyman's seat. What a joke.

Nihilist23
01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Let's face it, the campaign sucks, and Ron Paul needs to clean house. He has money now and it is time to step it up.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
The campaign headquarters appears to be a little disinterested

Kuldebar
01-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, I saw large portions of Obama's, Edward's, Hillary's' and Huckabee's post-Iowa speeches broadcast on CNN. Jeez, I guess those campaigns really know how to get the word out, it's almost like the media is in their back pockets.

And, where was the widely "publicized statement" from the Ron Paul Camapign after the 6 million dollar day? The Paul Campaign was certainly quiet about that, hardly any media coverage. John McCain sure knows how to use the media, look at the coverage he grabbed that day when he got that Joseph Lieberman endorsement. Yup, the Ron Paul campaign certainly doesn't know how to get media attention, they must be completely inept and asleep at the switch.

rockwell
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Well, I saw large portions of Obama's, Edward's, Hillary's' and Huckabee's post-Iowa speeches broadcast on CNN. Jeez, I guess those campaigns really know how to get the word out, it's almost like the media is in their back pockets.

And, where was the widely "publicized statement" from the Ron Paul Camapign after the 6 million dollar day? The Paul Campaign was certainly quiet about that, hardly any media coverage. John McCain sure knows how to use the media, look at the coverage he grabbed that day when he got that Joseph Lieberman endorsement. Yup, the Ron Paul campaign certainly doesn't know how to get media attention, they must be completely inept and asleep at the switch.

Is the MSM in charge of the Official Capaign website?

Didn't think so.

Are they in charge of Youtube? This forum?

No?

You use what you have, they're not even doing that, okay for you or do you need instructions?

colin1
01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I agree, it's ridiculous to go to the official website after major events and have absolutely no updates. Seriously, how hard is it to issue a statement and put it on the website? It just reeks of incompetence.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Let's face it, the campaign sucks, and Ron Paul needs to clean house. He has money now and it is time to step it up.

1+

colecrowe
01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
They probably still have 20 million on hand--or if they have spent 5 mil or so it's only on hotels and food and salaries, nothing else--well, there hardly should be any other expenses: the infomercial was worth about 50 dollars: the 5 dollars an hour they could've paid any middle-schooler to make the first-draft piece of crap that it was

McDermit
01-04-2008, 02:18 PM
For real. There should have been an email either last night or bright and early this morning.

At the very least, we deserved a "thanks for your hard work... now on to win NH!"

This is crazy. Hillary sent out an email this morning, and she was the big loser on the Dems side.

Suzu
01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Um, we weren't all at the Caucus. There's zip at his official website, no press release as of 12:00 EDT

He was talking to supporters until late in the night. He was giving interviews up to the minute he got on the plane to go to New Hampshire, then immediately on interviews again, and headed for events in NH.

But I'm sure he'll take time out to knock off an email to all of us pretty soon. I don't mind waiting for it, either.

JS4Pat
01-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Dr. Paul needs to stop being so quiet about running his campaign and start taking charge.

Does he really even want to win?

TwiLeXia
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I doubt many people listen to ronpaulradio. I know I don't. No offense but I'd rather listen to music.

Kuldebar
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you! (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/RonPaul2008/~3/211345725/thank-you.html)(1/4/08)
Yesterday was a remarkable day for Ron Paul, and it wouldn’t have happened without you. For those of you who haven’t yet heard, Ron Paul took over 10% in yesterday’s Iowa caucus, handily beating Rudy Giuliani and finishing right behind both Fred Thompson and John McCain. This despite that Rudy Giuliani made more visits to Iowa than Ron Paul. And, entrance polls showed that Ron Paul took first place (29%) among independent Republicans!

This campaign is just beginning, and we are starting off better than anyone in the “mainstream” media imagined.

Back in February 2007, no one gave Ron Paul any chance to succeed in this race. Ron Paul did not have the name recognition of other candidates, nor the financial resources. Essentially, Ron Paul started at a level of 0% in all 50 states.

But then, as we know, something started to happen. Americans started to hear this message of freedom, and began to galvanize behind the cause. It’s no small feat that we brought in 10% yesterday in Iowa, a double-digit turnout that has brought a lot of commentary – even from Fox News!

Just last night, Greta van Sustern had this to say:

"Ten per cent is not insignificant - that's a huge number. Here you have a candidate that 10 per cent of the people caucused in his party really want him and it's not like he's an insignificant player. He didn't just drop in yesterday to the process, he has been running for president for a long time, and certainly many of the issues he's raised are rather provocative and certainly stimulate the debate; that's not a bad thing."

This election is just getting started. It’s time to mobilize and do what needs to be done. It’s time to win the most important election of our lifetime.

We can only compete in the Super Tuesday primaries and caucuses with your continued support. Help us keep this momentum going with your most generous donation today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Lew Moore
Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008

For those of you that wanted your pats on the back there ya go. I know you had to wait so very long to get the recognition you deserve, but the world's a busy place.

I hope the words of gratitude are enough to keep you faithful.

rockwell
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
HOLY MOLEY!

That was awesome.

thisisgiparti
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
For those of you that wanted your pats on the back there ya go. I know you had to wait so very long to get the recognition you deserve, but the world's a busy place.

I hope the words of gratitude are enough to keep you faithful.

A little sarcasm goes a long way. Thanks, asshole.