PDA

View Full Version : The Economist on Ron Paul

billv
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9200887

During the debate Ron Paul, a feisty libertarian from Texas who stands no chance at all, suggested that Middle Eastern terrorists attacked America “because we've been over there;

billv
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
It's interesting how Dr. Paul keeps getting no chance at all attached to his name, isn't it.

qednick
05-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Who owns it?

romelll
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree. I expect better from them

TheDuke
05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I have a subscription on The Economist and I think it's a fair and balanced magazine. They aren't scared adressing issues in both the republican and democratic party.

Anyway, they haven't really given any comments on Ron Paul, just wanna give the readers the chance to form an opinion about it.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-21-2007, 11:48 AM
This magazine, like National Review, masquerades as a "conservative" (sic) publication, but all it's good for is supporting the elitist, globalist, neocon agenda of the establishment, so I never pay any attention to its political opinions. I occasionally read it if I find a free copy left on an airplane, but I would never waste my own money on such a rag. I would never expect Dr. Paul and his libertarian economic ideas to get a fair hearing in a Keynesian publication like the Economist, that's for sure. :mad: