PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Coordinating War Room For New Hampshire

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Look, we can cut the debate for a second because last night we placed 5th in Iowa. No matter what, we FAILED to BRING OUT THE VOTE.

There is a lot we can learn from Iowa, but what I think is most crucial right now is that we NEED to be ready for New Hampshire. Time is almost gone, and the odds are stacked agansit us, as John McCain has placed higher than us in Iowa and is riding a media surge, just as Obama has won Iowa and threatens our Independent vote in New Hampshire.

We can speculate on that all we want, but the key point is that we FAILED to BRING OUT THE VOTE. No matter how favorable you view the rest of the election process for Ron Paul, the fact of the matter is that we have no room for FAILURE any longer.

Iowa is a textbook for us to learn how to WIN, but without an organized effort, we cannot collaborate to learn from this and find solutions and applications of this understanding to place much, much better in New Hampshire.

We need a forum for coordination. We need an online war room, where we can raise concerns that need addressed, consult with each other in order to find paths towards solving them. We need to utilize our unprecedented, phenomenal grass-roots organization to reach out into New Hampshire, through supporting on the ground, as well as reaching the voters over the phones, to BRING OUT THE VOTE.

The mainstream media is NOT what matters right now. Our own stories of how events will occur futher down the road is NOT what matters right now. Patting ourselves on the back for what we have accomplished (which is historic and only serves as a testament of what we WILL work together to accomplish) is NOT what matters right now.

What matters, clearly, is BRINGING OUT THE VOTES. We all felt a bitter-sweet sting last night. Last night was the first time that REALITY has shown us what is happening in this election process. It has shown us what we have done right, and how we have FAILED. If we are to win, we need to drop our status-quo, what we have been doing, and singularily focus on what MATTERS.

Let's get the American people voting for Ron Paul, and let's get Ron Paul the delegates he needs. We are at war here, and we are at war to WIN.

I'm including a poll on the necessity of a forum, in which we can direct our focus and intensity and power into collaborating together and finding a means for everyone to do what we can to get America to elect Ron Paul as their president! We need focus and we need action, and we need to channel this energy effectively in order to make it happen!

Let's do this for Ron Paul, everyone. :)

mexicanpizza
01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Separate NH forum, with moderated posting? (To keep out the 500 moneybomb/WoW style threads??)

Probably a good idea. Voted Yes.

Abyss
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
This is #1 importance.

We need to discuss what happened, and learn, and put that knowledge into action.

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Separate NH forum, with moderated posting? (To keep out the 500 moneybomb/WoW style threads??)

Probably a good idea. Voted Yes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. A NH forum with only threads regarding real efforts (not internet efforts) to promote RP and get people to show up to the caucus.

awitelin
The bias of that poll question is of Fox News-like quality.

wgadget
Get that man to NH! Geez, only four more days...

jeff_from_VA
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. A NH forum with only threads regarding real efforts (not internet efforts) to promote RP and get people to show up to the caucus.

This forum might not be the best place for it. I am on a forum PaulsParachute which is a va forum that is on topic and about real effort. The level of maturity there is 1000 fold the level of maturity here. I don't know if NH has a similar forum, but would assume so.

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, the forum would be intense and only about ACTION and implementing ideas, so if anyone drifted in that wasn't serious or was getting in the way, we'd get them out of the way with our proactive attitude. :D

My main point is this - We had three thousand people on this forum last night, watching the results of Iowa. We always have hundreds or thousands of people, discussing mainstream media coverage, tossing around Internet polls to spam, talking up our chances and living in an illusion of massive, under the radar support that the polls just can't register, etc. etc. etc...

I mean, there is a lot of great stuff happening as well, and this is why Ron Paul is quite successful, but 5th in Iowa, is not a good trend, others are building momentum above us....

We need to get EVERYONE involved. Not everyone can be on the ground in New Hampshire, we don't have a very good method of organizing projects that support New Hampshire... We can get everyone involved by creating an informative, civil method of calling New Hampshire voters, the same people that the pollsters call, and give out information, perspective! Interested Americans dicussing and informing and talking with each other, instead of a corporation broadcasting information out at people.

We need a forum to spearhead this, or we are spread too thin. We can transform the world if we put our minds to it, we have Ron Paul, and the ideas he stands for, the ideas this country stands for, the ideas that human beings are MEANT to live within!

We have tremendous energy and potential, we need to ACTUALIZE it. We need to get America to VOTE Ron Paul to be our President! :)

What we've been doing doesn't work - Iowa is proof. Let's learn and EVOLVE! We've transformed this race already..... we might as well WIN it, for Ron Paul! :)

fourameuphoria
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I think we need one for SC, Nevada, and California too. We can probably do plenty of damage control for New Hampshire, but if there's things we need to completely reinvent concerning the campaign strategy, we'll have the time to be able to do it for SC, CA, and NV.

Molly1
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I've been saying this all week.

I'm ready to volunteer in NH but I can't get headquarters to call me back!

Get this monster organized---please!

Todd
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
It's free media attention with a top 2 finish. It is important. It gives us a needed boost to win.

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes! South Carolina is definitely a priority, and what about Florida! Florida is pivotal!

We need to blitz New Hampshire, do that damage control, try to take McCain out! The official campaign needs to get the word that their job is to take Ron Paul to meet every single person in every single fucking state, and to get him on the media when its convienent for Ron Paul. That is what the money that we have given them is for.

The grass-roots organization, coupled with the Meetup groups, is thousands and thousands strong, and we do this because we have no choice - we believe in Ron Paul and America and we need to save this country! We are much more capable of handling damn near everything else!

If we don't turn this around right now, we're sunk, but if we do, and we start doing what it actually takes to WIN, there is NO stopping us.

Iowa is what is to come if we stay this course. If we learn from it and dedicate ourselves to winning, and all unify and work together, we'll win South Carolina, Florida. Then we'll sweep Super Tuesday! :D

The Ron Paul Movement is the most powerful thing America will see, but we need to channel this energy and focus it so that we are actually productive, so that we actually WIN

BRING OUT THE VOTE! :)

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I've been saying this all week.

I'm ready to volunteer in NH but I can't get headquarters to call me back!

Get this monster organized---please!

All we need is our War Room. We'll all work together to take care of the rest. If we can get a damn blimp in the air, we can get semis to stuff hundreds of voters in and truck them wherever we need to! :p

And we can get every single member of this forum involved in conducting civil, friendly, insightful, informative discussion with the people of New Hampshire!

If we take care of all of this, the official campaign will adapt. They will realize they don't need to try taking care of it, just like they did when we started raising their money. Then they will be free to whistle stop Ron Paul to every American citizen! Ron Paul can win 'em over if we take him to the People! :)

We can change history right here, we can save America! We can have Ron Paul in the White House! :cool:

rexsolomon
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I agree completely.
War Room. I like it!!!
We need to act fast.
We have only a few days left.

Check my last post: RP NH 'Woodstock' festival - free buses.
Like you said - we need to bring out the vote.

Thomas Paine
01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I agree completely.
War Room. I like it!!!
We need to act fast.
We have only a few days left.

Check my last post: RP NH 'Woodstock' festival - free buses.
Like you said - we need to bring out the vote.

Agreed! As Captain Jean Luc Picard would say: "Make it so!"

wfd40
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

AmaZon's Mechanical Turk... END OF DISCUSSION

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Blump!

I have no intentions of being a shameless promoter, but it looks like we really need to come together right NOW in order to win this, and I don't see anyone else proposing a comprehensive strategy that will draw together all of our creative efforts and energy in order to make it happen.

Let's do this for Ron Paul! He's given us and this country SO much, a selfless saint! We can't fail him now, after all we have done! :)

The Machine
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't know how the process works in NH. If it is a caucus like Iowa, then yes, door-to-door canvassing and phone calls will help. If it is a regular primary like my home state, WV, then the number of delegates will be the determining factor--two different beasts.

I can tell you that in WV, the ground work was done a long time ago and we have more commited delegates going to the convention than any other candidate. Our job is to convert the undeclared at the convention to Ron Pauls's side. If this could be accomplished in WV--which many people consider an archaic, third world country--it can be duplicated anywhere. The key is to understand the process and rules of each state and move on a deliberate, coordinated timeline. I fear it might be too late in some states, since this isn't a last minute task, like cramming for college finals!

War Room...it's a start.

rexsolomon
01-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Get Trevor and the guys to drop the blimp for a while and fund free buses to NH!
Feet on the ground are what we need now. The meetup system can be used to coordinate the bus reservations. But we need to act fast. Check my Ron Paul NH 'Woodstock' festival -free buses thread. Does anyone know Trevor's number?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Well, I think the main thing that we need to accomplish is getting everyone here in the forums involved in a way that directly impacts getting people out to vote. If we had everyone working together, instead of worrying about how we are being reported on and about useless internet polls, and we focused on specific tasks in an organized fashion, it'd be much more effective.

When it comes on down to it, its about getting the American people to vote for Ron Paul, and this is what needs to happen. We need to get people here that can't make it into these states engaging those who are there and will be voting in effective discussion.

We need to sell Ron Paul to America, instead of selling him to ourselves. Iowa has shown us that we are failing, and it is critical that we fix this right now.

We need to GET OUT THE VOTE. This is by far the best solution right now to getting the grass-roots focused together and making it happen. We've broken fundraising records and we've transformed the face of politics, but we can focus and channel this energy and WIN it!

I am completely exhausted, and I have to work tonight, so I must retire to the bed. I really hope we can forget about the media and unify and work together on this stuff. We need to manage advertising ourselves, we need to ensure we are trucking people into vote, we need to ensure that we are reaching the people that the polls gauge and we need to be effective in selling Ron Paul, and the future and ensured prosperity of America, to them!

Good night everyone! Let's do this for Ron Paul! :)

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Get Trevor and the guys to drop the blimp for a while and fund free buses to NH!
Feet on the ground are what we need now. The meetup system can be used to coordinate the bus reservations. But we need to act fast. Check my Ron Paul NH 'Woodstock' festival -free buses thread. Does anyone know Trevor's number?

I think we can keep the blimp going and manage this. We need to get this forum on the phone lines as well, and develop an effective, respectful, friendly way to share ideas and perspective with the voters!

The only way we will WIN is by doing what is necessary to WIN, what it takes to WIN. If we don't start RIGHT NOW, then Iowa is the dim glimpse of the end.

SML
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
The bias of that poll question is of Fox News-like quality.

See? We're learning already.

Naraku
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Organization and getting out the vote didn't go well in Iowa and hurt. What needs to happen is for the grassroots to all get behind Paul and any that can drive any supporters they know to vote should.

Hit up the registered college voters especially!

The Machine
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok, here is a link that discusses the proceedure of the NH primary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_primary ...study it. It is a framework which Ron Paul supporters can use for a strategy.

I need to clarify myself on an earlier post in this thread. I mentioned that Ron Paul has more commited delegates in WV, at this time, than the other candidates. The next step is that ONLY registered Republicans can vote for the at-large delegate of their choice in the county that they reside. After this is done, the elected delegates will go to the state convention, along with the regular delegates, to vote. WV has what is called a "closed" primary for the Republicans.

The situation in each state is very specific and usually varies. That is why it was important for each state to have a coordinator to oversee that people are doing things by certain deadlines. The RP campaign should have given these people a heads-up way in advance, since a lot of people are ignorant of their own state's nomination proceedure. The campaign needs to be the "brain" and the grassroots the body.

We have a lot of things in our favor: dedicated supporters; talent; fund-raising; the best "message of hope"...we need to improve FAST in the competance/communication department. Understanding the fundamentals--such as the nomination process in each state--is probably the most critical issue at this time, in my opinion.

rexsolomon
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Ok, here is a link that discusses the proceedure of the NH primary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_primary ...study it. It is a framework which Ron Paul supporters can use for a strategy.

We have a lot of things in our favor: dedicated supporters; talent; fund-raising; the best "message of hope"...we need to improve FAST in the competance/communication department. Understanding the fundamentals--such as the nomination process in each state--is probably the most critical issue at this time, in my opinion.

I beg to differ on fund-raising. The thread I put up on this forum that was deleted - was about the way the donations began to tank soon after the official RP YouTube video on immigration came out.

I forewarned that it would happen and I was proved right. They couldn't take it as constructive, branded me a troll and deleted my posts.

(Funny but a lot of posts late last night and this morning would have been similarly deleted if the same sentiments were aired just a day earlier.)

As you can see today, especially after Iowa, our donations hasn't moved much from where it was at year's-end.

What I am saying is this: whatever donations Ron Paul still has should be spent on NH. Give RP supporters free bus rides to NH and back. If we lose in NH, we will find that all our future moneybomb attempts will fizzle.

None of the remaining funds will matter. NH will make or break us.

We need at least a 3rd, or better yet 2nd place finish. The only way we can do that is to get TONS of feet on the ground in NH - a massive show of support.
There is no time to waste.

Ron Paul NH 'Woodstock' party anyone?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Blump.

I am off to work now, but I thought I'd get this going again to see if anyone will help carry it while I'm away. The fact is, things are NOT going to turn out for us if we allow everything to coast along and keep doing what we have been doing in these forums.

Let's throw together our ideas and collaborate on this. We need a forum so we can direct all of our attention in and make sure we have all our bases covered. We need to be organizing transportation and staying in contact with supporters and calling other voters and sell them Ron Paul!

Please, let's not fail again by becoming lazy and complacent. We can win this if we take action and BRING IN THE VOTE.

james1844
01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Mods - we should do this!

thoughtbombing
01-04-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75193

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Activating the meetup groups is great, but we need coordination here to get everyone here involved as well, everyone that can't make it into the state itself...

We should be exercising oversight over projects there, making sure we have our bases covered, and making it so that everyone here is contacting voters in New Hampshire and getting them to vote for Ron Paul! :)

thoughtbombing
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Activating the meetup groups is great, but we need coordination here to get everyone here involved as well, everyone that can't make it into the state itself...

We should be exercising oversight over projects there, making sure we have our bases covered, and making it so that everyone here is contacting voters in New Hampshire and getting them to vote for Ron Paul! :)

You miss the point. I have 15 phone lines ready to make calls to the New Hampshire area... I HAVE NO NUMBERS TO CALL. I NEED THE VOTER REGISTRATION LISTS. WE ALREADY HAVE AUTOMATED DIALING SOFTWARE.

We already have a program that will break down by Area code and prefix which polling place they will need to go to, unless the places change at the last second... all I need is the damn voters numbers and I have these phones ready to go--laptops with 4 gig of ram each ready to make hundreds of thousands of calls before now and then... and people ready to volunteer.

I can do this on my own with those lists. The people are here to answer phones for an 800/866 number on the day of the Primary... 15 phone lines, 25 volunteers to man them all day long. 2 lines to call into HQ and report any anomalies. We're not going to forfeit this one due to ignorance. We already know they are cheating--so this time we will win.

No excuses. If I get those spreadsheets with the names and addresses, it's priority mass mailings and phone calls from 8am-8pm daily until then.. we already lost today, and the numbers still aren't here.. WHO HAS THIS INFORMATION????

We will be printing it out and sending it to NH as well, paper copies, just in case. As well as having the databases backed up in several locations, OFF OF ANY NETWORK... we'll also be putting these names BY HAND, ONE BY ONE into a new database, so if the last one is set to corrupt itself VIA A VIRUS like the last one in Iowa, we're all backed up and copied... there will be no more mistakes.

NEW HAMPSHIRE OR BUST!

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Dude, instead of automated calls, which are probably really ineffective, we should be getting these lists and coordinating users of this website to call! We can be friendly and give them information! :)

I have to jet, hopefully we can get this forum so we can really focus together on making this happen. ;)

Battlecruiser
01-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Agreed. We need this.

A strong showing in New Hampshire can cancel out any negative effects of Iowa. If we do well, no one is going to even think about Iowa. A lot of borderline supporters are looking to New Hampshire as the place to see if Ron Paul is a candidate with a serious chance or not. If not, they are going to change their vote to Obama.

thoughtbombing
01-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Dude, instead of automated calls, which are probably really ineffective, we should be getting these lists and coordinating users of this website to call! We can be friendly and give them information! :)

I have to jet, hopefully we can get this forum so we can really focus together on making this happen. ;)

We all must do our part... every phone call they get should be from us--automated or not... we've got hundreds of thousands of people to reach in a few days... I'm trying to do my part. Our automated calls will have polling place information which will be given based on the address and prefix of their phone number... which will take forever to explain during a regular personal call...

I'm not saying to not do what you are advocating--I'm just doing this IN ADDITION to that... and we'll have 15 phone lines to record incoming information... and an 800 number to call for info on the day before and DAY OF the primary--this will be up on Super Tuesday and will be making automated calls to states as we get information... either way, I need the damn info... surely SOMEONE HAS THIS INFO!!!

If nothing else so I can back it up and have a new copy made, re-enter the information by hand with volunteers... this is too important to have the same shit that happened to the IOWA information happen this time too!

Bryan
01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Here's my $0.02. NH is just a few days away- the best thing may be to talk with the people doing Operation Live Free or Die and see what can be done to help. Might be best to get some people on the phone to get things rolling. They also have their own sub-forum:

Op Live Free Or Die
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229

We also right now have the general primary sub-forum:

New Hampshire Primary
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=253

Maybe take over the "Op Live Free Or Die" sub-forum- I can move it more front and center tonight.

Also, in another thread Don from the PCC reported that SC is really important- so maybe that's where there should be some focus since we have time to mobilize.

I'll do what the market demands however. :)

Pure Excess
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Yea, Operation Live Free or Die should be contacted, they already have forces on the ground and know the operations. They might know the places that need more love than others. Also we wont be hitting places 6 times while not hitting others.

my.02

roversaurus
01-04-2008, 10:13 PM
We should get phone lists distributed.
Lots of people have cell phones and an hour free every night.
Can someone distribute phone lists?

They tried to do that in Iowa but the first I heard about it was the
DAY BEFORE the caucus. I called 20 homes and most of them
only had answering machines.

I saw we should never have automated calls.
We have enough people to make live phone calls if someone can organize
it and distribute lists of numbers. Much like the letter writing campaign.

thoughtbombing
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
We should get phone lists distributed.
Lots of people have cell phones and an hour free every night.
Can someone distribute phone lists?

They tried to do that in Iowa but the first I heard about it was the
DAY BEFORE the caucus. I called 20 homes and most of them
only had answering machines.

I saw we should never have automated calls.
We have enough people to make live phone calls if someone can organize
it and distribute lists of numbers. Much like the letter writing campaign.

65,000 calls into New Hampshire giving specific polling place location information, based on the prefix of their phone numbers is NOT a waste of time. I am not advocating that we don't DO EVERYTHING ELSE AS WELL--just that we INCLUDE THIS... anyone have the lists?

dawnbt
01-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Mods - we should do this!

+1!

rexsolomon
01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm off to NH for Ron Paul with a dozen friends.

Will be off-line, but hey: Better physically there and talking to people about Ron Paul than being behind my laptops right?

Sadly, I'm driving, so the jerks are already hitting the beer :(
The ladies will be keeping me company though. :)
They'll be my alternates driving to NH.

My 'small' version of Ron Paul NH Woodstock festival.
Back Tuesday... then again I just might stick around till its done.
I know I won't be able to help it.

Gotta run!! Bye folks!
Good luck to all!