PDA

View Full Version : Why did some of you think we would win Iowa?

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I dont know why many of you thought we woudl win Iowa, 3rd place looked like a possibility but I thought 4th would be our place.

1. 4 or 5 people from Iowa on these forums where saying that we where not going to come in top 3 in iowa because of the demographics. We should of listened to them, they are on the ground, from the state and have a feel for how things work.

2. Iowa was not the priority of the campaign

3. We really overlooked the demographics and who was voting, unfortunately the timing of the caucus hurt us with younger voters on vacation but at most thismight of been 1, 2% increase.

4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. 65% OF GOP VOTERS THOUGHT BUSH IS DOING A GOOD JOB, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL WE ARE WINNING OVER A MAJORITY OF THOSE VOTERS, IN FACT 2% OF THOSE VOTED FOR PAUL.
Meanwhile the democrats who doubled Gop turnout named Iraq as their #1 issue.

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Exactly.

constituent
01-04-2008, 11:01 AM
i thought he'd win b/c he's a winner. simple as that.

and really when you look at it, he did win. huckleberry is a flash in the pan, mitt was the
only real concern. a loss for mitt a loss for the ghoul and a meager showing for john mccain
all represent

TOTAL VICTORY for Ron Paul.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I predicted 9th so we did better than I thought haha! I thought we might get 3rd if not it would be close and we were.

BTW Romney, Huckabee and Ron Paul are the only ones to win counties. This might mean we will come in 3rd in delegates.

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I dont know why many of you thought we woudl win Iowa, 3rd place looked like a possibility but I thought 4th would be our place.
You know, some people predicted 20 and even 100 million tea party :)
I thought 3rd in Iowa would be a huge success. Some called me troll, LOL.

hasan
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
we came in 5th in delegates as well i think. huck got 17 mitt 12, mccain and fred 3, ron paul 2 according to a poster here

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
we came in 5th in delegates as well i think. huck got 17 mitt 12, mccain and fred 3, ron paul 2 according to a poster here

Isn't that just a CNN prediction based on the polling numbers? At least that's what I thought those numbers represented.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 12:09 PM
i thought he'd win b/c he's a winner. simple as that.

and really when you look at it, he did win. huckleberry is a flash in the pan, mitt was the
only real concern. a loss for mitt a loss for the ghoul and a meager showing for john mccain
all represent

TOTAL VICTORY for Ron Paul.

yeah, we have to see if these results will affect NH, historically they dont..