PDA

View Full Version : My DH doesn't want to mess up car with a Bumber Sticker..

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
How hard are they to remove? Any tricks? The car is 8 yrs old for goodness sakes, but a virgin when it comes to Bumper stickers... ocd hubby doesn't like to mess up the car. I get it, but the car is almost 10! Any ideas? Any place to get inexpensive window stickers? Trouble is, I have the bumper sticker and I want to put it on NOW. don't want to wait for a window decal (or spend money I'd rather donate).

RPinSEAZ
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Put the bumper sticker on the window.

jumpyg1258
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
You could do what I did to my new mustang. I got some window chalk and some poster board. I traced Ron Paul R3VOLUTION on the board then cut out the shapes. Taped the poster on my car and applied the window chalk. Worked like a charm for me. Also have you considered a car magnet perhaps?

AdamT
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
DH?

Mr. White
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Leave the back on the bumper sticker and take some clear packing tape and place it over it.

jdmetz
01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Put the bumper sticker on the window.

I agree - I was in the same situation with my wife, and she agreed to let me put it in the window after I assured her any adhesive residue could be scraped off with a razor blade (which it can).

Ethek
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I heard that sheets of clear vynil will let you lay them on top of bumper stickers. A good overhang on the edges will let it stick to the car very securely.

I just haven't been able to find any clear vynil.

Brennon
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I put a RP sticker on my lotus.

Just do the back window. Tell him to relax a little. In the end, it's just a car and RP is more than worth it.

Ethek
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
I agree - I was in the same situation with my wife, and she agreed to let me put it in the window after I assured her any adhesive residue could be scraped off with a razor blade (which it can).

That can scratch the window sometimes. I usually have to let a rag or something with WD40 soad on a decal to get it off.

Eponym_mi
Get a bumper magnet instead of a sticker. Otherwise, GooGone will easily remove stickers.

ConstitutionGal
I put my bumper stickers on my rear window and they look fine and come off the glass without leaving any trace.

prlgrl
DH?darling husband

Brennon
Get a bumper magnet instead of a sticker. Otherwise, GooGone will easily remove stickers.

I'm worried about using googone on paint, but for a window, it's great stuff.

jenninlouisiana
01-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I have one of those hubbys and I bought the magnetic bumper stickers from the campaign.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I put a RP sticker on my lotus.

Just do the back window. Tell him to relax a little. In the end, it's just a car and RP is more than worth it.
Thanks. He hasn't joined the r3volution yet. Still working on him. He was a Julie Annie fan til Pat Robertson endorsed him.

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm worried about using googone on paint, but for a window, it's great stuff.

It works fine...doesn't hurt the paint at all.

Mani
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Use a Window Sticker that PEELS OFF!

It doesn't work if you have tinted windows, it barely shows up, but if you have regular windows it looks great and PEELS off easily!!

Mani
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
They are called window clings on this site:

http://www.ronpaulstickers.com/

IowaSupport
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Good ole E-how makes it look easy.

http://www.ehow.com/how_13376_remove-bumper-stickers.html

Also - here's the first comment from that site:

Contractor's De-Solv-It - The absolute best thing I've ever seen for removing old stickers is called Contractor's De-Solv-It, available at any Ace hardware store that i've seen. Its basically pure orange oil, which is extremely strong. It removed factory decals from my dad's Jeep after 25 years of Oklahoma sun. The best part about it is that it doesn't touch paint one bit like some harsher solvents do.

qednick
01-04-2008, 10:58 AM
PM me your address. I'll send you a couple of magnetic oval ones. I just bought a new car and it works great. Just remember to take it off before going through the car wash and stick it back there once done!

This also applies to anyone else who wants one of these. I still have a few left. I'm happy to pay the postage. Bumper stickers are one or the cheapest and easiest ways to get name recognition.

jenninlouisiana
01-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Ebay has lots of great stuff: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Ron-Paul-Vinyl-Car-Window-Sticker-Sign-REVOLUTION_W0QQitemZ270200563281QQihZ017QQcategory Z99997QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But beware about the magnetic ones. I have a crossover SUV and the whole back is apparently plastic/fiberglasss/wahtever and so my magnetic ones only stick on the sides of my car.