PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Captain Database Question

nullvalu
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
So I just signed up to be a precinct captain here in Indiana. I have to say I'm very impressed with this tool that they're offering us and the list they provide is very extensive. It has a rating for each person of 1-100, liberal-conservative, and also it has codes for areas of interest such as Gun Rights & Abortion issues.. So, based on this information, you know what is the best Slim Jim to leave on their doorsteps. All very cool.

Now I'd like to know where they get all that information from?? I don't recall ever having to answer a questionnaire, how would they know if you're liberal or conservative?

nullvalu
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
bump...anyone know?

DSmith
01-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I believe much of the data comes from the RNC.

nc4rp
01-04-2008, 11:09 AM
public data. based on how you previously voted probably.

Melissa
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
i have no clue but got signed up and printed mine precint out so ready to go

Malum Prohibitum
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Take that information with a grain of salt. in Cali, for example, almost all "U"s are ranked in the 30s for the conservative/liberal scale.

I changed my registration to U in disgust before the last election, so the RNC pegged me as a lib.

Bruehound
01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
If the source of the database is Voter Vault, that is the system set up by the Republican National Committe and was the brainchild of Karl Rove. Rove developed a technique called micro-targeting in which he would correlate very expensive consumer data with a voter's primary history to predict which way non primary voters would vote in general elections. If you drive a Volvo, you will vote Dem. They also look at what magazines you subscribe to, level of education, income etc.

Malum Prohibitum
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
If you drive a Volvo, you will vote Dem.

They are boxy, but theyre good!