PDA

View Full Version : Why all the negativity?

Sematary
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I honestly don't get it. There was a 3% difference between 3rd place and 5th place - three lousy percent. We all KNEW that Huckabee was going to take first and that McRomney was going to take second. So, our guy hung tough with the rest of the field and a difference of a few thousand votes one way or the other made the difference between 3rd and 5th. And THIS in a state where Ron Paul is against farm subsidies and the war and a bunch of other stuff that is anathema to the population there. I think he did fine and I'm looking forward to NH even more now.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM
fair weather fans. We learned our limitations in Iowa, we will likely have trouble in the South if it is any kind of resemblance to Iowa. We know what needs to be underlined to get more support. We have seen that polls aren't always off by half:rolleyes:

We learn and move forward, thats all we can do.

TheBaz
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
We need the evangelicals. Start leaving fliers on their cars during church, pointing out his christian values and highlighting huckabee's shortfalls. He's depending on the christians, Dr. Paul needs to be recognised!

Alabama Supporter
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
We've worked for 6-8 months and can't beat out a half dead candidate in Fred Thompson.

The campaign doesn't resemble a 20 million dollar campaign.

He is still polling at around 10% in polls that have just been proved accurate.

It is going to take hard work, but does the HQ have it in them?

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I know I was really looking forward to the momentum a 3rd place finish would have given Ron Paul. Even 4th place would have gotten the campaign more traction since Ron Paul would have beat two "front runners". 5th place makes it feel like there hasn't been any progress since August since Ron Paul placed 5th in the Straw Poll. Just treading water as it were.

werdd
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Honestly, most people are still suprised that RP placed as high as he did. They thought he was a 1% like Hunter, we are in it for the long haul. 5th place, and 3% within 3rd is not bad people, screw your heads on.

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't get all the negativity either.

IA is just as Semetary pointed out: full of people who count on the fedgov to hand them subsidies - money taken from the rest of us by force. RP would end that, so naturally, those who benefit from the subsidies were NEVER going to vote for RP.

I was surprised at the strength of the evangelicals in IA, but then someone reminded me that it is the state Pat Robertson won way way back. So IA has a history...

Someone else reminded me that IA also has another history...they pick the losers way more often than they pick the winners. :)

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
We have like 2 days to get these ads funded, if they are going to be aired in Nevada, South Carolina and Michigan. They also have some hard-hitting endorsement ads in the queue; they just need some money to produce them.

We can't count on the campaign. We've learned that.

Let's do this.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
bump.

me3
01-04-2008, 11:20 AM
We need the evangelicals. Start leaving fliers on their cars during church, pointing out his christian values and highlighting huckabee's shortfalls. He's depending on the christians, Dr. Paul needs to be recognised!
Do not flier Church parking lots. This will cause blowback.

It's already been discussed several times.

And please, no negative advertising. These people mostly vote as a herd.

We need to get better results for Dr. Paul, once he establishes REAL viability, then he'll pick up some voters from that block.