PDA

View Full Version : Your posts being discussed now..

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
On ron paul revolution radio.

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Fire the campaign manager.

ronpaulitician
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
10% was solid. Not good enough to warrant hubris, not bad enough to warrant disappointment.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 10:07 AM
It's as simple as this: Young supporters MUST turn out.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Chill dude. What did you expect to happen in Iowa? It wasn't a priority state, just the first.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
DJLodi's post being discussed now (i.e. "I Tried to warn you guys..".

allyinoh
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Seriously guys, Iowa has NEVER been known to vote for the underdog. 5th place is not bad! I'm really tired of hearing (reading I guess) all the negativity. You all act as though it's over. It's just IOWA!

You cannot let this get you down. Yes, it would have been exciting to come in higher, however, we beat Rudy!! The "frontrunner" lost to "the longshot, dark horse" in Iowa.

We need to refocus and understand that it's going to be hard, but we can do this.

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Seriously guys, Iowa has NEVER been known to vote for the underdog. 5th place is not bad! I'm really tired of hearing (reading I guess) all the negativity. You all act as though it's over. It's just IOWA!
Yeah, I'm tired of this negativity too..

rezster
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM

NO! We need the vote of of the 50 and older demographic to win this election. To expect the 20 somethings to carry Ron Paul into the White House is being naive. They simply do not show up to vote in primaries.

Do you realize that Huckabee received TWICE the support from the 29 and under age group than Ron Paul?????? Romney got more support than Paul from this group!

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#IAREP

This was suppose to be a key age group for this campaign, they failed to support Ron Paul.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM

You cannot let this get you down. Yes, it would have been exciting to come in higher, however, we beat Rudy!! The "frontrunner" lost to "the longshot, dark horse" in Iowa.

We need to refocus and understand that it's going to be hard, but we can do this.

+1. Not to mention that since McCain & Thompson are tied for 3rd, we're technically 4th. This bodes well for us, especially when Thompson drops out.

Posts here being discussed again on the broadcast.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 10:23 AM
DJLodi's post being discussed now (i.e. "I Tried to warn you guys..".

oh boy

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
We have got to get older voters on board, period.

And they are not online. They are not seeing youtubes or anything else we do online.

They won't be moved by a blimp.

They will be moved by TELEVISION ADS if and only if those ads are geared specifically to their concerns.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
DJLodi's post still being discussed, directly.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
We have got to get older voters on board, period.

And they are not online. They are not seeing youtubes or anything else we do online.

They won't be moved by a blimp.

They will be moved by TELEVISION ADS if and only if those ads are geared specifically to their concerns.

I agree with this, it is critical.

partypooper
01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Seriously guys, Iowa has NEVER been known to vote for the underdog.

according to some, iowa was very well suited for dr paul's message (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=811266&postcount=13).

who is to blame? the campaign, sure, but ultimately, dr paul - for courting extreme leftists as opposed to members of his own party.

jmdrake
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM

Young people did come out.....for Obama. Obama's been working the college circuit like a pop star. I know that we want to focus on the republican race, but we've got to realize who our competition is.

Regards,

John M. Drake

walt
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
This host is clueless - this is about lack of execution of campaign staff - not changing ron's message

szczebrzeszyn
01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
DJLodi's post still being discussed, directly.

Thanks for the updates - now I know I should not tune in :D

Leslie Webb
01-04-2008, 10:36 AM
according to some, iowa was very well suited for dr paul's message (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=811266&postcount=13).

who is to blame? the campaign, sure, but ultimately, dr paul - for courting extreme leftists as opposed to members of his own party.

Ron only got 7% of the vote of registered Republicans. He got 29% of the vote of Independents. If the Republicans in Iowa are so anti-war, why didn't they vote for him?

constituent
01-04-2008, 10:38 AM
voter turnout numbers are all that matters in this instance....

clearly people are fed up and clearly they'll turn out in droves, now just to
sorta guide and nurture the chaos will be the key to winning the election (primary and general)

constituent
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Young people did come out.....for Obama. Obama's been working the college circuit like a pop star. I know that we want to focus on the republican race, but we've got to realize who our competition is.

Regards,

John M. Drake

thank you john.

Nihilist23

+1

I didn't expect a victory in Iowa, but 5th is not acceptable.

bucfish
No do not fire anyone IT IS TIME FOR US THE GRASSROOTS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND TAKE THE LEAD ONLY WE CAN WIN THIS> THE TIME IS NOW!!!

walt
01-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I don't advocate -hiring "big guns" - I advocate hiring in grassroots supporters who have campaign experience, passion, common sense and know how of how to build a winning campaign.

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Ron only got 7% of the vote of registered Republicans. He got 29% of the vote of Independents. If the Republicans in Iowa are so anti-war, why didn't they vote for him?

Republicans in IA aren't against the war - polls show that IA is not only a hotbed for evangelicals, but that they also love the war.

If my conversation with an evangelical cousin is any indicator, those two things go hand in hand. A most unfortunate situation IMO, but ... there it is.

purepaloma
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Remember the MTV vote for Kerry ? Didn't work out too well.

However, most RP supporters have passion for him - so we should do better than Kerry.

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
xxxx

malibu
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
NO! We need the vote of of the 50 and older demographic to win this election. To expect the 20 somethings to carry Ron Paul into the White House is being naive. They simply do not show up to vote in primaries.

The 20 somethings showed up plenty in the primaries and you better start to learn these lessons if you want to avoid future disappointments.

More of those youth could and should have been wooed to stick with the non-interventionist Ron Paul foreign policy than
to be driven to the youth energized "I will not commit to removing all Iraq troops by 2013" Obama campaign -

we may be running against Barack and not the old school Hillary in November after all.

If you forget to take your glaucoma medication to avoid tunnel vision focusing only on how it worked in past elections, then there are plenty of opportunities for you in the media.

MusoSpuso
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
+9999999999999999999999999999999999999

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
I'll wake up if you do, too.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74946

The campaign is our problem.

worldtruthfreedom
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
The negativity will fizzle out. Give it a day or two.

rezster
01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
The 20 somethings showed up plenty in the primaries and you better start to learn these lessons if you want to avoid future disappointments.

More of those youth could and should have been wooed to stick with the non-interventionist Ron Paul foreign policy than
to be driven to the youth energized "I will not commit to removing all Iraq troops by 2013" Obama campaign -

we may be running against Barack and not the old school Hillary in November after all.

If you forget to take your glaucoma medication to avoid tunnel vision focusing only on how it worked in past elections, then there are plenty of opportunities for you in the media.

My vision is fine....20 somethings don't vote in REPUBLICAN primaries and caucuses. Other than the higher than normal turnout by the Democrats, this caucus was no different than past elections.

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
The negativity will fizzle out. Give it a day or two.

Our campaign will fizzle out in a day or two if we lose New Hampshire.

Doesn't everyone realize how serious this is? We aren't BRINGING IN THE VOTE, and it is costing us HUGE. If only we'd focus on EXACTLY what we need to do to WIN, we would WIN.

I'm trying to get everyone mobilized and organized, trying to get a New Hampshire forum open so we can start working on bringing in the vote, organizing transportation for supporters, making it so that every single person in this forum can enter in and work together on calling people who actually VOTE, instead of simply tossing around mainstream media coverage and internet polls....

Do we want to win, or don't we? :confused:

malibu
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
My vision is fine....20 somethings don't vote in REPUBLICAN primaries and caucuses. Other than the higher than normal turnout by the Democrats, this caucus was no different than past elections.

your vision into Iowa City sucks though - at our personal caucus there was a majority that switched original dem party voter registration, and they acknowledged in our precinct that they were surprised by this - not the typical trend - why ?

We voted at 51.4% for Ron Paul - with all the delegates from our precinct going on to the county convention.

so WHAT are you doing wrong still? Is it your attitude ?
Are you STILL trying to discourage young republicans from joining the Republican Party ?

old ideas will only lead to your old results - it is your "tried and true" way to lose over and over and over again.

No different than past elections? Please go see your optometrist - for all our sakes.

Maybe heads should roll afterall in Des Moines, and permanently - as you still can't cure your myopic, media- fed visions apparently.