PDA

View Full Version : We need to OWN the economic discussion in the press.

aroberso
01-04-2008, 09:55 AM
We need to be hitting financial/economic message boards, not just political/election boards. People are going to be looking for answers as things get worse. I'd strongly recommend pointing people to www.dollarcollapse.com. If YOU haven't checked out this site, you should, it strongly plugs the Good Doctor too!

Check it out: http://www.dollarcollapse.com.

I believe Dr. Paul has referenced it himself in at least one press conference.

The economy discussion is only going to get bigger as things get worse. This can only HELP our campaign, as the Good Doctor has had the prescription for this for 30 years!!

Cheers...

slydecix
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I posted this in another thread at about the same time you started this one, so I'll repeat here:

I think the IRS/taxes is just a bullet point - a small part of the bigger picture. I think you're on the right track though. The good doctor needs ONE message. In media training, this is called a message box. (Good info here: http://www.greenmediatoolshed.org/training/TargetAudienceMessage/DevelopYourMessage.adp)

Call it whatever you want, but it's basically a singular message that is the purpose and reason for everything else you talk about. Not three messages, not two messages, one message.

To me (and you guys touched on it), this core message could just be the ECONOMY. Think about this this way:

- policing the world costs a lot of money, and fed's printing more to fund it, which weakens the dollar and the ECONOMY
- without the IRS, we'd all have more of our hard-earned money on hand, which we'd reinvest into the ECONOMY
- if the ECONOMY is in shambles, how is the country going to be able to afford to fund healthcare programs?
- and if the ECONOMY fails, illegal immigration won't be an issue because nobody will want to come into the country!!!

And obviously, Dr. Paul's enthusiasm about monetary policy and Austrian Economics fits in naturally here. Some of my phrasing/wording isn't exactly right, but you get the idea.

If I recall correctly, many polls show that the economy is the single biggest issue for voters, and yet nobody's except Ron Paul is spending much time on it (aside from the usual "tax cuts for the middle class!" talk).

aroberso
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
My sentiments exactly!!!

The Dow is down 200 points today. The timing is excellent for a massive push on this particular message.

(Request: Please keept his topic in Grassroots Central for a bit. Thanks!)