PDA

View Full Version : Its time to quit...

micahnelson
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
... worrying.

Did you really think we would win every state?

Iowa is one race, we lost it pretty badly. I am not downplaying that. We need to remember that this is only one state, and we have 49 to go.

Lets keep in mind why Iowa and New Hampshire matter. Is it the number of electoral votes? No. The conventional wisdom is that winning these early states will provide you with momentum and media coverage that will propel you forward to easier wins on Super Tuesday. Losing is supposed to demoralize those who aren't serious.

Well, we were never going to get the media attention anyway, and no matter what the Iowa or NH results, we are serious.

The media did not make Ron Paul, so the media cannot destroy him. The media did not convert anyone to Ron Paul, so they cannot turn anyone away.

So where does that leave us?

We have several million to spend. We probably won't explode in NH. It is ok. We need to push simple issues people can understand in soundbytes.

We need to work those out, and then push them door to door.

If you agree, respond with an issue and a soundbyte. Lets make this productive. I'll start it off.

Taxes: If we stopped sending trillions overseas, we wouldn't need the IRS.

jmdrake
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
We didn't "lose badly". We came in the top 5 and were only 3 points out of third place. We also won delegates. It's all about the delegates. But you're right, we shouldn't worry.

Regards,

John M. Drake

bucfish
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
WE need to step up and realize the task at hand THE GRASSROOTS has many great projects going on and take part volunteer and do whatever you can. Let US not live past this election with regret. I suggest to all if you can to help the people on the ground in New Hampshire and South Carolina to help www.ronpaulairforce.com It is new but the effects could really help in spreading the word. The TIME IS NOW!!!

flannerywannabe
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM
The war: Iraq is ready to put its own house in order. We should come home, let them, and do the same.

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
We protect Iraq's border but we leave our own wide assed open.

Do you have any idea how many WONDERFUL new BRIDGES we've built in Iraq? How old is the one YOU drive over ever day, and have you checked to see how your own gov't has rated its safety?

micahnelson
01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
im liking it, im liking it

tgannaway89
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
We are not doing bad at all.

literatim
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
We came in 4th, thats not bad.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:00 AM
We came in 4th, thats not bad.

We came in FIFTH; not 4th.

MsDoodahs
01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
We need some on the econ area....that is kinda hard to soundbyte down...

The gov't keeps priniting more and more money. That means the money you have saved is worth less and less. How much more of what you've saved has to be pissed away by the scoundrels before you get worried?

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
No, Iowa was a tragedy. Unbridled optimism isn't going to do us any good at this point. Losing is NEVER something we can write off as "oh well".

The fact is, we lost third place by a slim margin, and the state itself was NOT some impenetrable wall that kept Ron Paul out. WE failed in Iowa by not being organized and by not GETTING OUT THE VOTE.

The ideas we are coming up with in this thread are great, but we need to be getting them out to VOTERS. Iowa and New Hampshire are important because if we don't look like we stand a shot in the beginning, we won't get the crucial states.

We need to start organizing ourselves so that every single user here is calling voters in each primary state as its time comes and selling Ron Paul and our ideas and anything we can tell them to bring them on our side. We need to be telling them the truth about Obama in New Hampshire, and about John McCain.

rpfan2008
01-05-2008, 08:08 AM
We owe huge Trillions to PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS behind Federal Reserve as debts just because they 'print' our money if we start printing our money ourselves we will owe no debts towards anybody.

jm1776
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
If they hate us because we are free and prosperous then they must hate us a lot less in recent years.

Warrantless wire taps, searches without a warrant, suspension of habeas corpus. Nine trillion in debt and counting. The US dollar tanking due to inflation while unemployment and mortgage defaults rise.

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I made a post similar to this, however I've changed my mind, there's no point in quitting and supporting Ron Paul and getting more people to support Ron Paul only helps us

After looking at all the other candidates I had no other choice but to go back to supporting Ron Paul as usual

Liberty
01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
If they hate us because we are free and prosperous then they must hate us a lot less in recent years.

Warrantless wire taps, searches without a warrant, suspension of habeas corpus. Nine trillion in debt and counting. The US dollar tanking due to inflation while unemployment and mortgage defaults rise.

Agree. The people speaking in those terms are the same people taking away our freedoms. Wake Up America!

Eroberer
01-05-2008, 09:22 AM
After the caucus, a woman came into the Des Moines office and said that Huckabee won her precinct with 47, Ron Paul got second with 17, and others were at 16, 15, and so on. Then she said that of the nine delegates from her precinct, 8 were Paul supporters.