PDA

View Full Version : A Big Problem We Have Overlooked???

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Last night before the caucus started I was sitting watching c-span 2 when a caller phoned in from Iowa. She was calling in to voice her support for Ron Paul but was not at a caucus location herself. When the host asked why she was not there she went on to explain that she and her Husband had held a caucus party earlier in the evening and that her Husband had departed with 9 others to attend to caucus but because they had three small children and could not afford a babysitter, that she had to stay home.

Now I know that in other States one person could go and the other could go when the first got back but I still think issues like this could present a problem in the future. What can we do about it? I just hate thinking that a lot of parents may have stayed home last night because they could not find or afford a babysitter.

Any ideas?

romeshomey
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Nannies4Paul?

ronpaulfollower999
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Get a Huck supporter to babysit.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Get a Huck supporter to babysit.

LMAO...in a perfect world we could do this lol

JMann
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I was shocked watching that too. I would think having kids would make you far more likely to figure out how to go vote. Not having kids and no plans to have one I support Paul for myself, it seems like someone with loin fruit would do everything humanly possible to go vote.

JPFromTally
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
A true Ron Paul supporter would have found a way.

Heck just take them to the caucus and leave the car running with the window cracked a little. How hard is that? I go to the store and leave my lab in the car for 20 minutes. He's always fine when I get back. :-P

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Exactly, we need to do more.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-04-2008, 10:01 AM
I am a Father of three so I can sympathize with the situation that woman found herself in. Granted, I would have taken them with me if I could not find another alternative. Thankfully my Wife and I will not have this problem come primary day as I can go vote and come home to watch the kids as she goes to vote or vice versa. I just dont want to hear stories like this from other States. God only knows how many votes we lost last night due to kids,work and football! I know to some this seems minor but I am trying to realistically examine what we could improve on and I know this is a problem we faced last night and hopefully someone can think up a good plan to combat this!

JPFromTally
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
We had almost a third of the independent vote yet only 13% of the total vote was independent. If this would have been 20% we could have taken third easy.

ValidusCustodiae
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Heck just take them to the caucus and leave the car running with the window cracked a little. How hard is that? I go to the store and leave my lab in the car for 20 minutes. He's always fine when I get back. :-P

NO offense, but... this is the stupidest thing I've read so far this year.