PDA

View Full Version : Republican Civil War

JPFromTally
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
A year ago I predicted this and it has come to fruition. Huckabee's win yesterday marks the beginning of the Republican civil war and it's not going to be pretty:

Evangelicals

vs.

Interventionists

vs.

Goldwater Small Government Republicans

It's going to get ugly...

But for the Hannities and Rush Limbaughs it serves them right. They helped create this monster with Bush by being complicit in his election.

http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/2008/01/04/huckabee/index.html

Primbs
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
It may not be a civil war. It just takes the right candidate to unite the groups.

gjdavis60
01-04-2008, 11:21 AM
The Republican party might not be reconcilable. And if not - without two strong, roughly equal parties - the viability of the two-party monopoly could be in jeopardy. Maybe not a bad thing.

CapitalistRadical
01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
The GOP will play it like they always do. Fear of an Obama Planet will unite sufficient numbers from all three bases.

Real_CaGeD
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
The R party knows Huck is no conservative. They are looking for someone to rally behind. McCain and Thompson lackluster showings at 13% was devastating over at redstate. Mitt got his teeth knocked out in Iowa. Ron Paul is in perfect position.

gjdavis60
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
The GOP will play it like they always do. Fear of an Obama Planet will unite sufficient numbers from all three bases.
Well, the good doctor has sure opened my eyes and I am never again voting for some pre-packaged, bought and paid for RINO, even if it does mean we get a Democrat president. Perhaps the only way for the country to make up their minds about the policies of the left is to experience them first hand. Honestly, there isn't enough difference anymore between most R's and D's that it will really matter anyway. With anyone but RP we get bigger government, more spending, more taxes, more entitlements, more global entanglements, and less personal freedom.

Why would anyone who really understands what the two-party system has become "unite" around some establishment lapdog just because of his/her party? That's just a conditioned response drilled into your head by the establishment in order to perpetuate the status quo.

Oh, and welcome to 5% unemployment. Fasten your seatbelts - it's gonna get bumpy.