PDA

View Full Version : Wonkette's Take On The Military Support:

angelatc
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Pasted here so you don't have to click....

Anti-war constitution-loving weirdo Ron Paul is getting financial support from the same bunch of anti-American nerds who always rally around such libtards: active-duty military and veterans.

The Q2 fundraising numbers reveal 23,465 individual cash donations dollars were donated to RP’s campaign from current and former Army, Navy and Air Force people. John “But I Was Tortured” McCain only picked up $15,825 donations from current or retired military, while draft-dodging Manhattan dandy Rudy Giuliani only collected $2,320 in military donations.

WTF? I already knew they didn't like Ron Paul, but did they just insult the soldiers? I'm floored.

OTOH, The Freepers are in flat-out denial over it. It's quite amusing to watch, although I lost my posting privileges there several times.

1000-points-of-fright
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I think that may have been sarcasm.

mtmedlin
07-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Its a satire paper. There not intended to be taken as "real" journalism.

PatriotOne
07-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Pasted here so you don't have to click....

WTF? I already knew they didn't like Ron Paul, but did they just insult the soldiers? I'm floored.

OTOH, The Freepers are in flat-out denial over it. It's quite amusing to watch, although I lost my posting privileges there several times.

LOL...I had to read it twice to see that it was sarcasm also. I'm just so use to having Ron Paul insulted I was just picking up on words like wirdo, libtard, etc.

I think Wonkette's been pretty good to RP lately....or am I just imagining that?

Link to this article please?

DisabledVet
07-16-2007, 08:54 PM
This is a satire piece...as they so obviously made a dig at service members ....being the Anti-American bunch we are....lol....

angelatc
07-16-2007, 08:55 PM
That's the whole article. They'll get no click referrals from me. I accidently clicked on it during a blog search.

rp4pres
07-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Anti-war constitution-loving weirdo Ron Paul is getting financial support from the same bunch of anti-American nerds who always rally around such libtards: active-duty military and veterans.

LOL, that's a pretty funny line. :D

1000-points-of-fright
07-16-2007, 08:58 PM
It's actually rather pro-Ron Paul or anti-people who slam him. However you take it, it's good.

angelatc
07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Anywhere else I would have laughed out loud, but Wonkette does not usually have anything nice to say about him . I'm pretty used to them calling him a weirdo and a lib-tard.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
libtard.....WOW i learn so many new words on this forum