PDA

View Full Version : Join a Meetup - Now! Only 20% of you do!

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Seriously folks, this is how we win. Ron will not win if YOU stay comfortably behind a computer drinking hot chocolate, while only 20% of the people on this site actually goes out and makes a difference. Every state is important, and every person is needed.

Stop being an Internet Spectator! While we appreciate your donations, that alone is not going to win it. I am a Meetup organizer of over 55 people and work with other Meetups in the area here in NY, which total to over 200 in the area. Between 3 groups we gather 20+ people for signs wavings a week and only get 6 or so people to go canvassing or phone banking. It is frustrating to see so many people pretend that they want to see change with our government and our country, but end up doing nothing about it that might get them out of their personal comfort zone. Trust me folks, going out in support for Ron is one of the most fun things in my life. The comradely developed from different supporters from all different philosophies and ways of life is very engaging. The exhilaration of seeing so many people honk when we have a good group in sign waving. It is something you will never forget, but only if you are part of it.

20 years from now, are you going to be complaining to your spouse and children about how badly the country has turned out, how you lost everything in the biggest depression this world has ever seen, and how we lost the Republic. Or instead are you going to boast to your children, how "Yes, I was there, and I fought in the revolution in 2008, I restored liberty and freedom to this great nation of ours, and I brought Ron Paul to the White House."

Get off your sorry, complaining, lazy butts and do SOMETHING that will actually help Ron win: Canvassing, Sign Waving, Phone Banking, Outreach to Senior Citizens and other groups. Ron WILL NOT WIN without you.

Go sign up at http://ronpaul.meetup.com and attend the meetings and volunteer at the activities. Now.

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
bump

qwerty
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
yes, there are TON of work to do!

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Join up, and see what a big difference being part of something bigger than any of us can imagine! This is history folks!

FrankRep
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
This is Critical, people!

http://RonPaul.Meetup.com (http://ronpaul.meetup.com)

ShowMeLiberty
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Join, yes, but then - actually GO to events and participate!

Almost no one in my group ever comes out for the events, even if they RSVP "yes". It's very disappointing and discouraging. I'd rather not have new people join if they aren't going to actually do anything.

jmdrake
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
What kind of math are you using? There are approximately 12,000 members here and 80,000 meetup members. (90,000 if you include those who WANT a meetup where they live.)

Regards,

John M. Drake

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
So for the minority of people in this forum who are actually in a meetup and are not just pretending to support Ron Paul, what are some of your best experiences so far?

I joined my local meetup in Albany back in June and started my own meetup for my county in August. I have saw it grow from 0 to 5 to now over 55 in a few months. I have met the most exciting people who are willing to sacrifice time and money for what they believed in. I saw people stay out in the cold for 2-3 hours and loving it because of all the encouragement of honks and waving from passing cars. (Nothing like a thrill of back to back 18-wheler trucks blasting their horns in support of Ron Paul). I have seen some of the most creative people putting up signs where no one else would even think of. These people become your friends, and this is a special part of history that we will remember for decades.

How about you?

libertarianbob01
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Seriously folks, this is how we win. Ron will not win if YOU stay comfortably behind a computer drinking hot chocolate, while only 20% of the people on this site actually goes out and makes a difference. Every state is important, and every person is needed.

Stop being an Internet Spectator! While we appreciate your donations, that alone is not going to win it. I am a Meetup organizer of over 55 people and work with other Meetups in the area here in NY, which total to over 200 in the area. Between 3 groups we gather 20+ people for signs wavings a week and only get 6 or so people to go canvassing or phone banking. It is frustrating to see so many people pretend that they want to see change with our government and our country, but end up doing nothing about it that might get them out of their personal comfort zone. Trust me folks, going out in support for Ron is one of the most fun things in my life. The comradely developed from different supporters from all different philosophies and ways of life is very engaging. The exhilaration of seeing so many people honk when we have a good group in sign waving. It is something you will never forget, but only if you are part of it.

20 years from now, are you going to be complaining to your spouse and children about how badly the country has turned out, how you lost everything in the biggest depression this world has ever seen, and how we lost the Republic. Or instead are you going to boast to your children, how "Yes, I was there, and I fought in the revolution in 2008, I restored liberty and freedom to this great nation of ours, and I brought Ron Paul to the White House."

Get off your sorry, complaining, lazy butts and do SOMETHING that will actually help Ron win: Canvassing, Sign Waving, Phone Banking, Outreach to Senior Citizens and other groups. Ron WILL NOT WIN without you.

Go sign up at http://ronpaul.meetup.com and attend the meetings and volunteer at the activities. Now.

Anyone who supports Paul and is in the Mesquite/Garland Texas areas come on and join the Mesquite Ron Paul Meetup group.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/720/

Were going to wave the signs tomorrow morning and knock on some doors too. Oh come on along. It'll be fun.

:)

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
John, its according to the another post who polled several hundred members here at this forum. Its not scientific, but it is representative. There are 80K Meetup members, yes. But also as experience and as ShowMeLiberty says, only about 15-25% of the people who sign up actually show up to a meeting or an event.

libertarianbob01
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Join, yes, but then - actually GO to events and participate!

Almost no one in my group ever comes out for the events, even if they RSVP "yes". It's very disappointing and discouraging. I'd rather not have new people join if they aren't going to actually do anything.

They just need a little encouragement. Call everybody up the day before and invite them to come to the event. :)

jmdrake
01-04-2008, 11:59 AM
John, its according to the another post who polled several hundred members here at this forum. Its not scientific, but it is representative. There are 80K Meetup members, yes. But also as experience and as ShowMeLiberty says, only about 15-25% of the people who sign up actually show up to a meeting or an event.

Ok. I missed that poll. Well if someone hasn't signed up I can't imagine why not. (I do realize we have a few people from other camps like Huckaberries.)

Here's my meetup experience. The first few meetups I went to I saw all of the same people and yes it was about 15% of the members. But in the last one I went to (a New Years Eve march with about 70 people) I only saw 4 people I recognized! Some new people asked me about events that I hadn't attended. We did have most of the membership come out to one rally. (About 90% of our 300 membership came to the TN statewide rally.) Does the Meetup stats give organizers an idea of who's been to ANY meeting?

Regards,

John M. Drake

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
John,
When you look at the members list, you can see how many people ever RSVP'd to an event (though it doesn't mean they actually went) on a person to person basis.

Almost 300 people in a rally, that's great. In the end,its the people who show up every meeting who get things done like sign planting, canvassing, sign waving, and recruiting. They are the ones who are actually getting votes out and are supporters of Ron Paul. I hate to say it, but everyone else who signs up but never shows up are just pretending to be supporters.

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
So does anyone else care to share their experience with a meetup versus just trolling online on a forum?

RobS
01-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm in West Michigan. Our Meetup group is about 230 strong, we get maybe 20-30 of those people to show up to events.

I've had a good time with those people. Gone out canvassing, sign waving, lit drops. Now I am focusing on hitting my own precinct and training others on how to do theirs. We have a big meeting tomorrow that we are training all of our members how to take care of their precinct.

FrankRep
01-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Bump.

exformation
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
damn this is a tough call for me. do i sign up for the meetup group near my house, or do i sign up for the meetup group near my school.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey guys also don't forget to try out this new precinct captain thing they have going. IT IS AN EXTREMELY VALUABLE RESOURCE FOR CANVASSING! I really recommend it! Canvassing and tv/ local newspaper ads FTW.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php

RonPaulJunkie
01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Ok, I just joined a meetup in Houston Tx, but they do not have any events scheduled. One of the general messages is to sign up at http://ronpaulfriendsusa.com, but I do not know my precinct number... How do I find out what it is?