PDA

View Full Version : We hit our number

ssforronpaul
01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
We will hit the 12,000 I thought we would need to get 15% (12,000 out of 80,000). The problem was as shown below the evangelicals turned out in the extreme. This is even what Mitt Romney was disappointed with, because he turned out almost all of his supporters as well. Most estimated the Republican turnout would be somewhere between 80,000-90,000.

As noted in the Washington Post, participation in the Iowa caucuses was at an all-time high. Over 125,000 caucusgoers participating, far out-distancing the previous record of 87,000 voters. According to the Post report, "Sixty percent of Republican caucusgoers described themselves as evangelicals, according to entrance polls.

I think we turned out enough in Iowa to show we are now a serious candidate and those that say they like our message, but won't vote for us because we can't win will begin to reconsider us. Our main thing we need to see is that we won the independents in Iowa and this should be extremely good for us in NH.

ss

beachmaster
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
We will hit the 12,000 I thought we would need to get 15% (12,000 out of 80,000). The problem was as shown below the evangelicals turned out in the extreme. This is even what Mitt Romney was disappointed with, because he turned out almost all of his supporters as well. Most estimated the Republican turnout would be somewhere between 80,000-90,000.

As noted in the Washington Post, participation in the Iowa caucuses was at an all-time high. Over 125,000 caucusgoers participating, far out-distancing the previous record of 87,000 voters. According to the Post report, "Sixty percent of Republican caucusgoers described themselves as evangelicals, according to entrance polls.

I think we turned out enough in Iowa to show we are now a serious candidate and those that say they like our message, but won't vote for us because we can't win will begin to reconsider us. Our main thing we need to see is that we won the independents in Iowa and this should be extremely good for us in NH.

ss

So if we hit 12,000 total votes, does that say that for whatever reason, the rEVOLution didn't hit Iowa? I seem to recall that Iowa has about 700,000 registered Republicans alone, not to mention the independents and Democrats that we should have culled from. Was the rEVOLution missing in action in Iowa or what???

bobbysheldon
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
So if we hit 12,000 total votes, does that say that for whatever reason, the rEVOLution didn't hit Iowa? I seem to recall that Iowa has about 700,000 registered Republicans alone, not to mention the independents and Democrats that we should have culled from. Was the rEVOLution missing in action in Iowa or what???

My girlfriend and I (both 22) were absolutely appalled at the turnout. When we heard that it was a record turnout that around 350,000 people turned out to caucus in a state with over 2 million registered voters we were completely floored.

Did the revolution miss iowa? No, but I watched the C-span 2 coverage and the interviews they had with the people caucusing and for all the hype of how "politically savvy" iowans are and how closely they pay attention was completely untrue. The conversations they had with Rudy and Romney supporters were with some of the most ignorant I have ever heard. I actually heard a Romney person saying that he was the most trustworthy and consistant candidate in the race and that's why they were voting for him.

I'm firmly convinced that Ron Paul supporters are the only non lemmings out there. We've looked at all the other candidates, heard what they have to say and rejected them. Not because they didn't wear the right sweater or had a bad haircut but because of their positions on issues that will dramatically effect the country. Everyone else seems to have one thing that they feel is "important" and usually it's a quality rather than a position. Trustworthyness, Presidentialness (looks good, sounds good), they make me feel safe, etc.

After this I'm all for forming a party around this...whether it's the libertarian party or a new party that has the ideals of this movement I'm in. I propose we all move to one location and form a voting bloc. Possibly North Dakota or montana or something where we can get 2 senators out of the deal.

Bern
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
... I watched the C-span 2 coverage and the interviews they had with the people caucusing and for all the hype of how "politically savvy" iowans are and how closely they pay attention was completely untrue. The conversations they had with Rudy and Romney supporters were with some of the most ignorant I have ever heard. I actually heard a Romney person saying that he was the most trustworthy and consistant candidate in the race and that's why they were voting for him.

I'm firmly convinced that Ron Paul supporters are the only non lemmings out there. We've looked at all the other candidates, heard what they have to say and rejected them. Not because they didn't wear the right sweater or had a bad haircut but because of their positions on issues that will dramatically effect the country. Everyone else seems to have one thing that they feel is "important" and usually it's a quality rather than a position. Trustworthyness, Presidentialness (looks good, sounds good), they make me feel safe, etc. ...

The RP campaign really needs to heed this lesson. The message needs to be "dumbed down" and the presentation is important.

loupeznik
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
We didn't loose votes to Huck. We never had the support of those who want the Republican party to follow in Bush's footsteps. We lost votes to Obama. The votes we will get are from people who are discussed with what America has become and Love what America was founded on. To move forward, these are the people we need to seek out.

AgentOrange
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
After this I'm all for forming a party around this...whether it's the libertarian party or a new party that has the ideals of this movement I'm in. I propose we all move to one location and form a voting bloc.

It's already being done--move to New Hampshire.

http://www.freestateproject.org/

And while I will stay behind Ron Paul all the way to the end, if Ron Paul can't win New Hampshire--the most free and independent state in the union, then I'm not sure how he will win any state.