PDA

View Full Version : I canceled my cable today..

SwordOfShannarah
07-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't take it anymore. I can't stand FOX, really can't stand CNN or Wolf and certainly can't stand Glen Beck and the list goes on and on. I can't stand by and pay money to these people that are leading this nation down the drain. They BLOCK Ron Paul! What more reason do we need? We give money to their lies. We vote with our dollar every day. YES- to lies. YES - to deception, YES to Paris Hilton being more important than our own governments attack on our constitution. I can't take it anymore. I have to take action.

I canceled cable and I will never pay Rupert Murdoch or any of his ilk another dime so long as I live. Is anyone out there with me?

constituent
07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Congratulations! That's the first step...

Roxi
07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
unfortunately i have a contract, and i also have to have it for nick jr, disney, noggn..etc... i have a 5 year old who would never forgive me for taking that away...

i do however not watch MSM unless i know beforehand they are talking about ron paul and once in a while msnbc because they have been the fairest to RP and that reporter that refused to read her teleprompter lines because of the BS

nunaem
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I can't take it anymore. I can't stand FOX, really can't stand CNN or Wolf and certainly can't stand Glen Beck and the list goes on and on. I can't stand by and pay money to these people that are leading this nation down the drain. They BLOCK Ron Paul! What more reason do we need? We give money to their lies. We vote with our dollar every day. YES- to lies. YES - to deception, YES to Paris Hilton being more important than our own governments attack on our constitution. I can't take it anymore. I have to take action.

I canceled cable and I will never pay Rupert Murdoch and any of his ilk another dime so long as I live. Is anyone out there with me?

You, sir, just made my day. I wish there was a discovery channel/history channel/science channel/hbo package though.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 08:26 PM
You, sir, just made my day. I wish there was a discovery channel/history channel/science channel/hbo package though.

OOOH what an IDEA!!! a KIDS cable package or an Educational package, or a pick your channels package with like 50 channels or whatever....

wtbuser
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Eh, I still need my Law and Order reruns...

tiznow
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Did that 4 years ago congrats!! :)

SwordOfShannarah
07-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Eh, I still need my Law and Order reruns...

I've got one word for you: bittorrent

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
The only reason I have cable (TV channels) is that I sometimes rent a spare bedroom... it gives the boarder something to watch.

Oddball
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Cable comes with my HOA dues.

I've eliminated the crappy channels from my remote auto set.

BuddyRey
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Yeah, that would be great! Just throw in C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, and Turner Classic Movies, and I'd be sold!

lucius
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM

I canceled cable and I will never pay Rupert Murdoch or any of his ilk another dime so long as I live. Is anyone out there with me?

All in good nature. You did great thing for you and your family today. When we got rid of the TV, there was a difficult period of adjustment, lasted about a month. Then ‘blues’/anxieties started to lift, meaningful discourse and conversation begin to fill the void, books games and musical instruments appeared. I now am of the opinion that our monthly cable bill was paying for my family’s reeducation/retardation. The Chinese government had a goal of a teevee in every house by 2000; I think they achieved it, something like you watch it and ‘they’ don’t have to watch you. :)

nunaem
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I hope there is more competition in the cable industry under Paul's free market economy, because the cable company that will let me pick my channels will get my dollar.

Spirit of '76
07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
You ain't missin' nothin'.

PatriotOne
07-16-2007, 08:46 PM

I think about doing this often lately. I probably will soon but I will have to unravel the package deal I have as I have everything...phone, internet, TV, etc, through one cable company. I'm selling my house within the next year though and won't be hooking up cable when I move :mad:

rajibo
07-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh well, I work in cable so I guess I have to defend it. Although if I didn't get it for free I'm not so sure what I'd do...I do love my HDTV channels.

What made me sick is that my company's name is all over Guiliani's 2nd quarter contribution list and not at all on Ron Paul's (even though I donated). I obviously have to do a better job around here. :mad:

Bradley in DC
07-16-2007, 08:56 PM

The part where you're allocating that money in your budget to campaign contributions didn't get displayed properly. ;)

Oh, and I've maxed out my contribution and don't have cable.

Brandybuck
07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I haven't had cable in over twenty years. About ten years ago I even sold my TV, but my Mom got me another one Christmas. I rent a crapload of NetFlix, however.

aravoth
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I've got one word for you: bittorrent

exactly.

jonahtrainer
07-16-2007, 09:17 PM

I have not had a TV for about 9 years.

If you still want to watch some shows you can always use Joost.com.

WannaBfree
07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Congratulations! And welcome to the real world! :)

WannaBfree
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
oh and thanks for giving me the opportunity to post this picture again ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/twogunkitten/tvaddicts.jpg

JS4Pat
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Don't we need cable for the August 5th debate? :)

SwordOfShannarah
07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Don't we need cable for the August 5th debate? :)

In terms of number of views.. do you think you saw the other debates more times on television or more times on the internet? :o

WannaBfree
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
A revolution is starting!

Data Says 2.5 Million Less Watching TV
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P0F6RG0&show_article=1

NEW YORK (AP) - Maybe they're outside in the garden. They could be playing softball. Or perhaps they're just plain bored. In TV's worst spring in recent memory, a startling number of Americans drifted away from television the past two months: More than 2.5 million fewer people were watching ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox than at the same time last year, statistics show...

beerista
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I can't take it anymore... leading this nation down the drain... We vote with our dollar every day... I canceled cable...
Is anyone out there with me?
I've been with you for years.
I won't have that sewer pipeline in my house just because occasionally someone flushes a diamond ring.
Welcome to the land of the unplugged and enjoy.

RP08
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Never kept paid programming for news, so I'll keep my DirecTV for the rest, but I do listen to Rush, Hannity, etc. to keep up with the topics they're after. Know your enemy.