PDA

View Full Version : Huck got the most vote from young people...

quantized
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#IAREP

see last row.

Anyone cares to explain?

homeboyjase
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Youth Groups in Church Vans?

drfarrington
01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
The evangelical vote.

They are tyrants over their kids and dragged them along.

xRedfoxx
01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
As a deeply religous person, I have always supported the candidate who talked the most about social conservative issues. It has only been recently that I have seen the benefit of having social "freedom", even though I don't support many of the lefe styles it would allow. I used to love the idea of regulating morality. Now I despise it. Can't explain the change, except I love freedom and I want to live my life the way I want to, and I don't care to tell you how to live yours.

cero
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
But hey we won over the Independent vote!

But ya I almost fell off my chair when I read huckleberry won the youth vote wtf?

sherpah23
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
People are stupid, and are controlled by the media etc.

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
A bunch of younger people at my caucus voted for Huck.

I was suprised when this pair of emo looking asian chicks stood to be counted for Huck.

A bunch of young people also voted for McCain.

The bulk of the RP supporters in my precinct were OLDER independant voters, I'm talking walkign with a cane older. Only a couple other late-20something like myself.

webber53
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Homeschooled teens?

Can you vote in the Iowa caucus if you are 17 years of age?

freelance
01-04-2008, 09:20 AM

I was suprised when this pair of emo looking asian chicks stood to be counted for Huck.

What do you mean, "stood to be counted?" I thought it was a secret ballot?

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
AS I RECALL... You can vote if you're at least 17.5, and will be 18 by the general election.

Homeschooled teens?

Can you vote in the Iowa caucus if you are 17 years of age?

davver
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Paul got 21% of those 17-29, that is twice his overall rate.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM
The evangelical vote.

Oh puhleeese. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gimpster
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
We had an overwhelming amount of people show up, about 200% more than expected. Instead of doing a secret ballot, they had every one stand and then count off. The secretary then noted the results.

I was kinda taken back by this too, as every document/handbook I'd read said secret ballot.

Before we scream conspiracy tho, I checked my precinct results on the Des Moines register site... and they're correct. We also video taped the voting for evidence and then phoned the results into Iowa campaign HQ.

FWIW, a Democrat I work with said they also stood and counted off at the Democratic caucus he attended. They just had too many people there as well.

What do you mean, "stood to be counted?" I thought it was a secret ballot?

malibu
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM

see last row.

Anyone cares to explain?

BS?

Definitely NOT in our precinct at the University of Iowa . . .

phoned in results

Ron Paul 51.4 %

Mike Huckabee 5.7%

ronpaulwinna
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM

Oh god the religious crack pot the emo vote, i thought emo kids dont vote.. they were supposed to be apathetic with their music and stuff. It could be the christan rockers that caucused for huck.

But Paul has to get 1st in nh, we have to get young people who is swaying for the small "change" that obama is advocating to a "revolution" that paul is advocating.

areyou4real
01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
The evangelical vote.

You can't group all Christians together. Some of us (myself included) have the ability to think for ourselves and look beneath the surface for the truth. Yet, many other Christians out there simply take what a candidate has to say at face value without really doing their homework, especially a Republican "Christian" candidate. Their thinking is very simplistic - Huckabee is a Baptist minister, so he must share my values and be the right guy for the job. Their critical thinking stops right there and the exit polls prove it. They never dig any deeper to determine for themselves if the candidate's past behavior and voting record actually reflect true Biblical values. If they did, they would see that Huckabee has some serious ethical and moral concerns. And that maybe, just maybe, he isn't who he says he is.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-12-10-huckabee-pardons_N.htm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/04/documents-expose-huckabee_n_75362.html
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7000.html
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALxUx6SkWA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj_okz7ZwI
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2Sb7dFsvM

The heart of the problem is that many Christians are severly lacking in basic critical thinking skills. They are gullible and easily manipulated.

For instance, Bush claims to be Christian and a lot of his support comes from Christians. Yet, when interviewed by ABC's Charles Gibson, Bush revealed his lack of even basic understanding of Christian doctrine. Here is a verbatim transcript from that interview:
Q. "Do we all worship the same God, Christian and Muslim?"
A. "I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty."
Q. "Do Christians and non-Christians and Muslims go to heaven in your mind?"
A. "Yes they do. We have different routes of getting there."
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2007/cbarchive_20071016.html

Jesus himself said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He did not merely point the way to God. He himself claimed to be the only way to the Father and the source of eternal truth and life. It is clear from the interview that even though Bush claims to be Christian, he doesn't even understand or believe in basic Christian doctrine.

Here's a great article (by a Christian) that goes into more detail: http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin417.htm

lvp1138
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
As a deeply religous person, I have always supported the candidate who talked the most about social conservative issues. It has only been recently that I have seen the benefit of having social "freedom", even though I don't support many of the lefe styles it would allow. I used to love the idea of regulating morality. Now I despise it. Can't explain the change, except I love freedom and I want to live my life the way I want to, and I don't care to tell you how to live yours.

I admire you... you are no longer a follower, but a leader. I wish more would open up their eyes and do the same.

I live in Las Vegas, which is mostly mormon town due to Utah's influence, and I'm afraid Romney will end up winning because of that. A young woman last night said on TV:

"I voted for Huckabee because I agree with his stance on gay rights and abortion and he is a experienced minister".

My reply was: I'm sorry sweetheart, but that won't help him run a nation of 300 million people, a $2.7 trillion budget, and the most powerful military the world has ever seen.

My friend, spread the word to those other that also vote on religion... they need to be woken up.

JMann
01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
These are not young people they are young evangelicals with little or no ability to think for themselves. It can take years to break away from the sunday school mentality that they have indoctrinated with since birth.

I'm not intending to talk negatively about Christianity but my father and stepmother where these type of people and they take away any ability of independent thought. Luckily I didn't live with them but my 'steps' did and you get no tv, home school, you read a lot but only books by Christian authors, listen to Christian music (Amy Grant in my day) and you go to church 3 or 4 days a week. It can take years to learn to think for yourself after that kind of breeding. One of my 'steps' has never grown up and she is in her mid-thirties with a house full of kids and a husband she waits on hand and foot. The other two have been able to move on but it wasn't easy.

That wasn't the youth vote so much as the indoctrinated youth.

wgadget
01-04-2008, 10:16 AM

Me, too. It's just a difference in perspective. Sorta like standing back and seeing, oops, I was wrong about pushing MY views on other people, and thinking about what the consequences would be were it to be taken to extremes. (e.g., a Huckabee platform would be DISASTROUS for liberty). And liberty trumps moral self-righteousness every time.

Brodown
01-04-2008, 10:19 AM
1)Bribes
"hey son, come on out with me tonight an vote and you'll get that ipod i didnt get you for christmas"

2)Fear
"Honey you will go to hell if you do not vote for Huckabee"

3)Ignorance
"Well my parents are voting for him, i'll let them think for me in politics, even though when it comes to skipping school and smoking pot, having sex, and my underaged drinking i'll rebel, i pick my battles when it's important to me"

bernie
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Watch the movie. It will explain this.

JMann
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM

Congratulation on moving into adulthood. There are many people that don't support your lifestyle but understand that you have the right to live it however you want. It is a big step for you not to want to push your belief in the supernatural on others.

Brian4Liberty
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I was surprised when this pair of emo looking asian chicks stood to be counted for Huck.

A lot of young Asians in America are Christian.

Andrew-Austin
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Kids doing what their ignornat parents told them to do.

Paulbot_9876
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
BS?

Definitely NOT in our precinct at the University of Iowa . . .

phoned in results

Ron Paul 51.4 %

Mike Huckabee 5.7%

what ya mean?????bit slow here today.........

webber53
01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
These are not young people they are young evangelicals with little or no ability to think for themselves. It can take years to break away from the sunday school mentality that they have indoctrinated with since birth.

I'm not intending to talk negatively about Christianity but my father and stepmother where these type of people and they take away any ability of independent thought. Luckily I didn't live with them but my 'steps' did and you get no tv, home school, you read a lot but only books by Christian authors, listen to Christian music (Amy Grant in my day) and you go to church 3 or 4 days a week. It can take years to learn to think for yourself after that kind of breeding. One of my 'steps' has never grown up and she is in her mid-thirties with a house full of kids and a husband she waits on hand and foot. The other two have been able to move on but it wasn't easy.

That wasn't the youth vote so much as the indoctrinated youth.

All I can say is this. Please try and stop pigeonholing people.
Many young evengelicals can think for themselves.
Perhaps no tv is good for some people.
Homeschooling is here to stay and it does wonders for many
young children.
There is nothing wrong with being a Christian.
If it wasn't for you then show others how much better
you are in your life and your example. Try to build bridges.

If you are as liberal as you think you are then embrace everyone!:)

RonPaulMania
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Huck knows something many on the internet do not understand (mostly because you guys are younger) that people vote on moral issues solely and exclusively. That bloc of the Republican party is bigger than the internet community is online acting political. Do want to know how I know this? I was one of them.

Politics isn't about the economy, freedom, wars in foreign lands, etc. but just simply about who is going to get rid of homosexuals in public venues, stop abortion, and has that "Godly" discussion to them. Guess what? I would still be that way if the Republicans did anything from 2001-2007 when they held power. I lost faith in the "conservatives" but that's how I voted and how I would STILL vote if the conservatives didn't betray those who voted for them. That's why old style conservatives would have voted for Buchanan this election. He would've had Paul's anti-war vote, Huckabee's Christian vote, and more charisma and wit than all of them.

We are a bigger bloc than any other constituency in the country. We're the ones who voted in Bush (and he knew that and focused on us and our fears of moral issues) in 2000, and most who voted for him again in 2004 (although I didn't). I don't think many of you understand how powerful this bloc is, but if you want to look at how Bush ran his 2000 campaign almost exclusively by pushing evangelicals (I'm not, I'm a Catholic) and he learned this trick while running for governor.

That's why when you guys blaspheme God's name in posts, slam Christians who look on here you are killing Paul's chances with so many visitors. I support Ron Paul because I don't trust conservatives anymore. I don't think they are conservative at all, but realize that conservative to most Republicans is more than small gov't, it's conserving our morality in the country and some of you who act so aggressively on socially divisive issues by making threads mocking others do a lot of harm. Sure, it's your right of Free Speech, but you don't understand you are undermining good people who might be visiting and would be turned off.

Paulbot_9876
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
well i am going to go sacrifice an animal for rp.......do a little hunting here....see if this helps us any.....mwaahaahaaahaaa

Molly1
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM

A bunch of young people also voted for McCain.

The bulk of the RP supporters in my precinct were OLDER independant voters, I'm talking walkign with a cane older. Only a couple other late-20something like myself.

If you think this is just a youth movement, think again!

Ron Paul's supporters cut wide and deep into the American sociological landscape.

Molly1
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Huck knows something many on the internet do not understand (mostly because you guys are younger) that people vote on moral issues solely and exclusively. That bloc of the Republican party is bigger than the internet community is online acting political. Do want to know how I know this? I was one of them.

Politics isn't about the economy, freedom, wars in foreign lands, etc. but just simply about who is going to get rid of homosexuals in public venues, stop abortion, and has that "Godly" discussion to them. Guess what? I would still be that way if the Republicans did anything from 2001-2007 when they held power. I lost faith in the "conservatives" but that's how I voted and how I would STILL vote if the conservatives didn't betray those who voted for them. That's why old style conservatives would have voted for Buchanan this election. He would've had Paul's anti-war vote, Huckabee's Christian vote, and more charisma and wit than all of them.

We are a bigger bloc than any other constituency in the country. We're the ones who voted in Bush (and he knew that and focused on us and our fears of moral issues) in 2000, and most who voted for him again in 2004 (although I didn't). I don't think many of you understand how powerful this bloc is, but if you want to look at how Bush ran his 2000 campaign almost exclusively by pushing evangelicals (I'm not, I'm a Catholic) and he learned this trick while running for governor.

That's why when you guys blaspheme God's name in posts, slam Christians who look on here you are killing Paul's chances with so many visitors. I support Ron Paul because I don't trust conservatives anymore. I don't think they are conservative at all, but realize that conservative to most Republicans is more than small gov't, it's conserving our morality in the country and some of you who act so aggressively on socially divisive issues by making threads mocking others do a lot of harm. Sure, it's your right of Free Speech, but you don't understand you are undermining good people who might be visiting and would be turned off.

This is what I cannot understand. The second commandment of Jesus is 'love your neighbor as yourself.'

How do Christians justify killing their neighbor? Don't these people think? Do they really think if Jesus were calling the shots we would be dropping bombs on people?

How can we make them see that Ron Paul is the real Christian, not Huckster?

Paulitician
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Watch the movie [Jesus Camp]. It will explain this.
:D

webber53
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
well i am going to go sacrifice an animal for rp.......do a little hunting here....see if this helps us any.....mwaahaahaaahaaa

Hopefully you are going deer hunting. If so,
Please send me the backstrap if you would be so kind! :D

JohnM
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Something else from the CNN statistics.

Fewer than half (only 46%) of the "born again or evangelical Christians" voted for Huckabee.

Scaryclouds
01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
How are Huckabee's supporters more fanatical than Paul's supporters?!?

Nailhead
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Watch the movie. It will explain this.

lol i was just going to say the same thing...

fuzzybekool
01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Ron Paul got the "angry" vote, the independent vote, and did well with young people 18-40. This is a great start in learning who the demographics are, and now we can move on to New Hampshire and South Carolina and really rock the vote with good quality TV ads and sound grassroots efforts.

Trance Dance Master
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
The guy is pretty funny. He painted the fig tree fruit story well with words at the Ames straw poll. All those young voters must have had images of tasty fruit dancing through their heads while voting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2k4-mx_RWY

S3eker
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Of course the evangelical youth voted for Huck. Haven't you seen this movie:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Jesus_Camp.jpg/200px-Jesus_Camp.jpg

StephenTC
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM

see last row.

Anyone cares to explain?

Huck DOES play bass guitar....

rtil
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Paul still garnered most of the independent vote and 20%+ of the young vote. good enough for me in a state full of evangelical christians

Trance Dance Master
01-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Of course the evangelical youth voted for Huck. Haven't you seen this movie:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Jesus_Camp.jpg/200px-Jesus_Camp.jpg

That's where I'll be sending my kids. The hell with having to raise them as a family. Just keep them around while they're cute babies, then dump them off to Jesus Camp where they'll learn to worship a portrait of George Bush, soon to be Mike Huckabee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg