PDA

View Full Version : NEW POLL: did you vote republican in the 04 general election???

Roxi
07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
since the last poll was sabotaged by my own stupidity im starting a new one

PLEASE vote in this poll, im doing some research and when it gets to 300 votes ill post my analysis

so were clear (yes i know it was my fault last time)

DID YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN IN THE 04 GENERAL ELECTION

Stinker
07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm unsure, if we were under 18 in '04 should we vote in this poll at all?

Oddball
Still didn't. :)

torchbearer
Oh, i see your point. The national polls only call 'likely' voters... if ron paul supporters didn't vote republican last election they wouldn't be considered for these national polls.
You should add a category of "did not vote"

paulitics
So if you didn't vote, is that a no?

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
yeh, i guess that would be correct.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
yes if u didnt vote post no

and yes that is sort of my point.....but it is mostly to see what percentage of people voted republican in the 04 race because the same averages would be relevant to people being polled in the major polls....

according to them they call people who voted in the last election, a lot of polls are only calling voters who voted republican last election therefore making them "likely GOP voters in this election"

see what im getting at

Harry96
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
If you didn't vote for any reason, then you didn't vote Republican, so the answer is no. The question isn't whether you voted R or D (or third party); the question is whether you voted R or not. The point is if you didn't vote R in the last primaries, regardless of the reason, then you won't be called by pollsters for the R race.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I voted for Bush/Cheney in 2000 but I liked Alan Keyes and John McCain better. I think U.S. history would be much different if McCain had been elected. It is disappointing now to see him fall from his more respected stature.

In 2004 I (ugh) voted for Kerry/Edwards to remove the Bush administration from office. I saw Edwards speak before he was a vice presidential candidate and was pretty impressed. I won't be surprised if he becomes the presidential candidate this time around.

This election is so much more interesting - with so many more diverse viewpoints - especially conservative ones. Go Ron Paul!

nunaem
07-16-2007, 08:19 PM
You mean, FOR BUSH??:eek:
That's a big no.

MikeStanart
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm a life-long conservative republican who did not vote for Bush in 04.

My dad told me to vote for the lesser of two evils and vote for Bush.

I voted Libertarian, and boy; He's kicking himself in the bum for voting for him!

Roxi
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
i still need 300 hundred votes to make my analysis

Harry96
07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
The first year I was old enough to vote was 1996.

My conscience is clear -- in 1996 and 2000, I very, very proudly voted for Harry Browne, and he's the only candidate besides Ron Paul that I've ever worked for or given money to.

I voted for Badnarik in 2004 as a protest vote, but I didn't work for his campaign or follow it closely.

Brandybuck
07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Voted for Badnarik. Peroutka was my second choice. I would rather have gagged on a hagfish then vote for Kerry or Bush.

DeadheadForPaul
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Voted for Badnarik. Peroutka was my second choice. I would rather have gagged on a hagfish then vote for Kerry or Bush.

Badnarik here as well

ctb619
07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I voted for Badnarik.

Bison
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
I voted for the Constitution Party (http://www.constitutionparty.com)candidate, Michael Peroutka.

Roxi
07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
interesting....ps i have never voted before other than in county elections

Sematary
07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
since the last poll was sabotaged by my own stupidity im starting a new one

PLEASE vote in this poll, im doing some research and when it gets to 300 votes ill post my analysis

so were clear (yes i know it was my fault last time)

DID YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN IN THE 04 GENERAL ELECTION

No, I did not. How would they know how we voted anyway? I thought the votes were secret. More to the point - I was not a registered Republican and never have been - until now. :-)

AcidReign
07-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Another Badnarik

Roxi
07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
well they know you voted and they know what party affiliation you have...so its not so secret then huh?

Nash
07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
yes if u didnt vote post no

and yes that is sort of my point.....but it is mostly to see what percentage of people voted republican in the 04 race because the same averages would be relevant to people being polled in the major polls....

according to them they call people who voted in the last election, a lot of polls are only calling voters who voted republican last election therefore making them "likely GOP voters in this election"

see what im getting at

I'm registered Libertarian but tend to vote for Republicans in most elections (I never vote a straight ticket usually some L and some R). Does that make me a likely republican voter? I wonder.

mtmedlin
07-17-2007, 07:10 AM
No, you would have to be a "registered" Republican to get that label. Since they don't know who you actually voted for, they have to go by party affiliation or if you have been in a poll before and replied that you vote republican even though your registered libertarian. Then you would be considered for poll purposes to be an independent with Republican leaning. Also the definition of a "likely" voter isn't universal. When I was in college I did some polling for Dr. McManus and Dr. Dye from USF and FSU respectively and they used the standard that the person must have participated in at least 3 out of the last five primaries or elections.
Hope that helps.

WannaBfree
07-17-2007, 10:22 AM
bump

torchbearer
07-17-2007, 10:25 AM
No, you would have to be a "registered" Republican to get that label. Since they don't know who you actually voted for, they have to go by party affiliation or if you have been in a poll before and replied that you vote republican even though your registered libertarian. Then you would be considered for poll purposes to be an independent with Republican leaning. Also the definition of a "likely" voter isn't universal. When I was in college I did some polling for Dr. McManus and Dr. Dye from USF and FSU respectively and they used the standard that the person must have participated in at least 3 out of the last five primaries or elections.
Hope that helps.

In my state, they know what party you voted for... each campaign has "get out the vote" people who have list of individuals who have voted their specific party in the last few elections.. on election day, they call these people to make sure they voted.
If only I had the money to get those kinds of list.

mtmedlin
07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
they more then likely don't know who you voted for. They know what party you belong to and they know if you voted. Most of the people assume that you voted party line. I ve been a registered republican for years and have only voted once for a republican president, yet I get calls, mail and e-mails that say that "they need my vote again this year" When I worked at the last election in one of the polling precincts, I didn't see any way that they could track your ballot after they had given it to you. As far as the lists, those can be gotten at Any supervisor of elections office. In Florida you must be a candidate or an officer of a PAC or Political party to receive the lists. They can even break down the list to a "walking" route to make going door to door easier. If I remember right it isn't expensive at all.

FSP-Rebel
07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm getting the impression that GOPers consist of only 25% of Paul supporters. So, instead of Paul having only 3% in national polls, he might have 10-15%. BTW, I voted for Browne, then Badnarik.

Roxi
07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm getting the impression that GOPers consist of only 25% of Paul supporters. So, instead of Paul having only 3% in national polls, he might have 10-15%. BTW, I voted for Browne, then Badnarik.

thats almost exactly my point here

still need more votes though

OURPLAN
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
No. I voted Democrat.

paulitics
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM

well not exactly. Its probably closer to this: 25% Republican, 25% other, 50% did not vote (50% is the national average of those who don't vote). So of those who voted probably, 50% were republican, and the other half were libertarian and democrat. Nevertheless, I would say that based on this alone RP is probably at double what the polls suggest.

There was another poll, where a large percentage of people only use cell phones. The average Giuliani supporter is older, watches Fox, and still uses old technology in favor of the new. This makes even more of a difference in skewing these poll results.

DeadheadForPaul
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Although I'm a registered independent, I vote for Republicans 90% of the time, so I think that I would be considered a "likely republican voter" but I'm not b/c I'm not republican. Everyone in my family is a registered independent but they tend to vote GOP.

Ron Paul is winning over these moderates/independents who are key to a GOP victory. He is also drawing in people who do not vote very often or at all. Couple this with the fact that we've got Democrats, Libertarians, Constitution party members, and Greens on board, and I think our campaign is significantly bigger than what the MSM is telling us (or realizes). I think they actually do not know how big RP is

FreedomLover
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Didn't vote, but if I had bothered I probably would've voted for Bush.

Roxi
07-18-2007, 01:26 AM
bump :D

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-18-2007, 01:31 AM
I unfortuanately voted for Bush in '04...

I was 18 and ignorant then. Never again will I cast my vote for an establishment candidate...

rockjoa
07-18-2007, 05:10 AM
I did, but it predated when we got broadband.

foofighter20x
07-18-2007, 05:34 AM
nader... even after my state kicked him off the ballot and i had to vote again... i wrote him in. :D

Callie369
07-18-2007, 06:01 AM
I am a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN and I back Ron Paul 100%. I have been voting for 45 years and I want you all to know, in my lifetime, I have never seen the U.S.A. in such bad shape. I've seen crooked politicians....but NOTHING like today.
The democrats are hispandering for their votes, and republicans are owned by the corporations who want cheap labor and hi techies imported because of their greed.
EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE stands behind citizenship for the 20-30 million illegals currently in the U.S.
OF THE REPUBLICANS, Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter are against shamnesty. You can't believe Mitt Romney. He was for shamnesty until the debates started and then flip-flopped.
RON PAUL is not only against shamnesty, but actually believes in the U.S. Constitution.

I have been blogging for Paul on over 100 blog sites, including major newspapers across the country. I will continue to do so until the November Election Day 2008. And I may have to vote absentee because of being handicapped, BUT I WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL. If I had to I would crawl on my knees to a voting booth. That is how much I care about saving America for my children and grandchildren.

GOD BE WITH AMERICA IN HER HOUR OF NEED

Roxi
07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
welcome callie to the board!