PDA

View Full Version : Michigan support?

westmich4paul
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
While the national campaignhas been running radio ads here in Michigan thats about all I see happening here on the west side of the state. They are trying to get us a capaign office in Grand Rapids but only want to foot half the bill. WTH? We have been told to expect a rush of signs and lit but so far none. primary is less that 11 days away and no t.v. ads? No Ron appearances? I for one would love to know what they are doing with all the cash. Do they expect the grassroots to keep footing the bill as we have done for the last 8 mos or better?

Michigan was an easy win for Ron if he would have made it a priority but with less than 2 weeks away I just do not see it happening. While we on the grassroots side have been busting our butts the national seems to be dragging their heels and I feel like I should feel guilty for asking why, but damn I am gonna anyway. I signed up to be a precinct captain but I cannot foot the bills for the phone bill to call thousands of people nor can I foot the bill to buy lit for thousands of people. I thought I would be getting some national campaign help to have my back and help us win but I just do not see this happening.

I want to know where all this money is going? Romney has been plastering the t.v. here with ads. McCain is supposedly started doing so as well. I mean if we were financially at the point we were before nov 5th I could understand this whole situation. But to me if you take the money raised by the camapign as well as the money and effort raised by the grassroots heck we could compete with Obama or Clinton financially. I was hoping for a strong showing in MI but now to me unless the eastside carries us we will be another Iowa.

Derek
01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Don't forget that Hillary Clinton will be the ONLY candidate on the Democrat ballot. Is it possible that Democrats not interested in voting for Hillary will show up to vote for Paul?

Rob
01-04-2008, 08:51 AM
While the national campaignhas been running radio ads here in Michigan thats about all I see happening here on the west side of the state. They are trying to get us a capaign office in Grand Rapids but only want to foot half the bill. WTH? We have been told to expect a rush of signs and lit but so far none. primary is less that 11 days away and no t.v. ads? No Ron appearances? I for one would love to know what they are doing with all the cash. Do they expect the grassroots to keep footing the bill as we have done for the last 8 mos or better?

Michigan was an easy win for Ron if he would have made it a priority but with less than 2 weeks away I just do not see it happening. While we on the grassroots side have been busting our butts the national seems to be dragging their heels and I feel like I should feel guilty for asking why, but damn I am gonna anyway. I signed up to be a precinct captain but I cannot foot the bills for the phone bill to call thousands of people nor can I foot the bill to buy lit for thousands of people. I thought I would be getting some national campaign help to have my back and help us win but I just do not see this happening.

I want to know where all this money is going? Romney has been plastering the t.v. here with ads. McCain is supposedly started doing so as well. I mean if we were financially at the point we were before nov 5th I could understand this whole situation. But to me if you take the money raised by the camapign as well as the money and effort raised by the grassroots heck we could compete with Obama or Clinton financially. I was hoping for a strong showing in MI but now to me unless the eastside carries us we will be another Iowa.

Have you called Dan yet?

Rob
01-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Don't forget that Hillary Clinton will be the ONLY candidate on the Democrat ballot. Is it possible that Democrats not interested in voting for Hillary will show up to vote for Paul?

There are many Hillary supporters who will be voting for Paul. Without going into detail, even a few "high level" ones.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
get organzed!! check out this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74815)

or go to voters.ronpaul2008.com and sign up

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 09:01 AM
get organzed!!

Dude, that kind of stuff should have happened MONTHS ago! There is a lot of support in Michigan, and I've been doing my part, but national HQ has left us twisting in the wind. We need at least the same amount of effort from HQ that was put into Iowa. We're getting down to final days here!

westmich4paul
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Dude, that kind of stuff should have happened MONTHS ago! There is a lot of support in Michigan, and I've been doing my part, but national HQ has left us twisting in the wind. We need at least the same amount of effort from HQ that was put into Iowa. We're getting down to final days here!
And thats the problem here we are almost getting to close to primary date to be effective. At leaset not nearly as effective as we could have been. As to the poster that asked if I called Dan the answer is Dan who? Thats the problem. I have spoken to our meetup organizer and he has very little answers coming in from national. We had a meeting with Leslie(state coordinator) and Kellie from national but to me what we heard it seemed was again a little too little a little to late.

walt
01-04-2008, 09:10 AM

It's patethic that we have tons of signs here in IL and you have none. When do we replace campaign mismanagement?

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM

yes, especially since they got no delegates...

westmich4paul
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
yes, especially since they got no delegates...

Or maybe they just won't show up at all. The Democratic no delegate issue is soo missing the mark here to my point.

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 09:14 AM
It's patethic that we have tons of signs here in IL and you have none.

Where in IL?

draccip
01-04-2008, 09:17 AM
heck you think he'd have a stranglehold on g rap with his brother being a minster there, and his niece out in allendale

walt
01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Where in IL?

Chicago and Arlington Heights - there are good quanties of of 4x8 and other signs. if you PM me your email I can email the IL campaign chair about a potential lending program. though I emailed the IL field coordinator about a swapping resources because michigan is important program the other day and didn't hear back.

I'd also think that there is a crapload of materials - heck even recycled signs (truckingmike you passing through Iowa?) in Iowa that must be transferred effectively to MI, MO, MN, IL - we shoudl have an operation redeploy signs day. :)

pcosmar
01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Folks, we need radio and TV Ads in the UP. There are Two active Ron Paul supporters in Chippewa County. Very rural, spread out. Door to Door is OUT OF THE QUESTION.
It would take a minimum of $50. a day in fuel to drive around, and still not cover it.
Most folks DO NOT use computers.
They watch TV.
So far all I have seen are Romney Ads. And lots of them.
I have many people saying that they are voting for Ron Paul, but I am just one unemployed farmer.
WE NEED TV Ads.

jorlowitz
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Signs in Illinois is like a Russian factory with piles of shoes but no laces.

Stealth4
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM

Is ti an open primary state ? If yes - exploit this opportunity!

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd also think that there is a crapload of materials - heck even recycled signs (truckingmike you passing through Iowa?) in Iowa that must be transferred effectively to MI, MO, MN, IL - we shoudl have an operation redeploy signs day. :)

Very good idea!

I'm in Holland. I know my county coordinator is very anxiously awaiting signs. She said she'd be getting 500 yesterday. I'll check if they arrived and PM if needed. Thanks!

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Going door to door is OK in the lower, but there are some rural areas that make it less effective. I've done some d2d in my area. But we're really getting killed with the constant Romney TV ads. McCain has started recently too. National needs to make an investment here!

hummtide
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
SO MAKE SOME SIGNS! How hard was that? Im making 500 Ron Paul signs today and tonight. Ill spend all day Saturday putting them up, but Im not worried about us running out of signs, because when I do, I have A BACKUP PLAN!

pcosmar
01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
SO MAKE SOME SIGNS! How hard was that? Im making 500 Ron Paul signs today and tonight. Ill spend all day Saturday putting them up, but Im not worried about us running out of signs, because when I do, I have A BACKUP PLAN!

I had the First sign up in the Upper Peninsula, last spring.
I have made signs, and I bought some. My car is a rolling billboard.
I was promised a large 4x8 but it never materialized.
I have painted a 4x8 that is in Sault Sainte Marie.

WE NEED TV Ads.

westmich4paul
01-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I think you are missing the point about the thread which is where in the heck is national and why are we being left out here to do the things you are doing when we have raised soo much money for this campaign? Why, thats all I want answered. I have heard every excuse from well we were up the the air because we didn't know whether we werehaving a caucus or a primary well to me thats blowing smoke because either way we could use the ads, the lit, the signs, ect. Just give us straight answers.

mrd
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I concur that Michigan is ripe for Ron Paul. We should focus efforts in that region on winning Michigan with these 11 days left. It's a shame if national has left us high and dry, but we can do much on our own.

Most college students are still on break; These are tight social networks and young people support Paul's positions. Organize the students in that region, get them on the ground!

Eponym_mi
01-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope people in IN, OH, northern WI, and northern IL will consider signing up with Michigan Meetup groups to help get out the vote!

M.Bellmore
01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
TV and radio is really the way to go, since MI is so spread out, especially in the northern regions. I have heard Ron Paul and Romney radio ads on talk radio, but that's about it.

DSmith
01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
And thats the problem here we are almost getting to close to primary date to be effective. At leaset not nearly as effective as we could have been. As to the poster that asked if I called Dan the answer is Dan who? Thats the problem. I have spoken to our meetup organizer and he has very little answers coming in from national. We had a meeting with Leslie(state coordinator) and Kellie from national but to me what we heard it seemed was again a little too little a little to late.

I presume Dan is me, I'm one of the Oakland County coordinators. SE Michigan has been bone dry for the last two weeks. It's crazy, as Michigan is definitely in play.

malibu
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
We need at least the same amount of effort from HQ that was put into Iowa. We're getting down to final days here!

You should and will do better than that - especially with the lessons learned.

and Romney could be hurting more and more in Michigan now ?
The pundits all summer assumed Willard would easily win Iowa and then roll on through as well afterwards, especially in Michigan.

Romney could really choke now, IMHO.

brumans
01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Definitely... we have just as much money as Romney does but it sure as hell does not seem like they are spending it. I'm not talking about Michigan either... all over. They need to pour a majority of resources all into one or two states, not a little here and a little there all into February 5th.

Eric21ND
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
The campaign should fall on their sword for losing Michigan!

FSP-Rebel
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm hearing stories about how HQ is lying to people about sign/material shipping order info. Staff at HQ ARE F-ING UP and then they lie to cover their a$$. Either way, we are still doing well despite the lack of help. Signs are up and running in most areas in mich, but we still need more. We need to go after the indies and dems. I don't want to hear one more thing about going after these jesus freaks and converting them from Huckabee--it'll never happen. Key issues are the economy (NAFTA/NAU, etc), gun rights and privacy. We also need to make sure we turn out the Arab vote in Dearborn. We're gonna be targeting UAW plant workers at shift changes this week. The time is now. Especially if we're projecting a poor result in NH, Mich needs to be our 'Ace in the Hole.'

pepperpete1
01-07-2008, 12:02 AM
The only two Democrats that signed on were Hillary and Dodd. Dodd is out leaving only Hillary for the Dems. What an opportunity to score. Or is that the reason they are not advertising on tv., that they feel they will get those votes anyway?

With or without HQ help, I will do what I can with what is available to me.

Anyone in the Allegan area that wants to lend a hand? PM me

Rob
01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I presume Dan is me, I'm one of the Oakland County coordinators. SE Michigan has been bone dry for the last two weeks. It's crazy, as Michigan is definitely in play.

I was talking about Dan Shield, the state of Michigan, materials manager. I've called him several times since this since we've now run out in Ann Arbor; he tells me that the nationals don't even seem to be keeping him in the loop: the PAID Michigan Materials Manager!

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
anyone who needs lit in michigan can contact me. we can figure something out to get you lit. I'm in the Ann Arbor area and would be willing to track down signs, lit etc for you. let me know

maximus_bollox911<at>yahoo<dot>com