PDA

View Full Version : RCP Average Poll for NH

colin1
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Here was their poll breakdown for Iowa:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html

Date 12/26 - 01/02

Huckabee 29.7
Romney 26.7
McCain 11.8
Thompson 11.7
Paul 7.3
Giuliani 6.0

Their percentages were slightly off, but the final order was remarkably accurate.

Here's the problem: here's their breakdown for NH:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_primary-193.html

Date 12/27 - 01/03

McCain 31.3
Romney 29.8
Giuliani 10.0
Huckabee 9.0
Paul 7.0
Thompson 2.0

How in the world are we behind a shyster neocon like Huckabee in the "libertarian leaning" state of NH?

Any thoughts?

Personally, it's motivated me to saddle up and go to NH to help drive Paul supporters to the polls!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
How in the world are we behind a shyster neocon like Huckabee in the "libertarian leaning" state of NH?

We'll find out how "libertarian leaning" it is soon enough. If that's how the finish goes, then the Free State Project might as well pick another state.

drain
01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
i think they'll have to give up their motto if that order holds..

S3eker
01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
First off... McCain will NOT do 31% in NH. You are right that he might win or do high, but not 31%. Rommney will not do 30% in NH. Giuliani will do better than 10% so that is accurate. Huckabee will be near 7 % and Thompson higher near 11%. Expect Paul to be 3 - 4 or 5th place here also.

You have to look at the entire picture to understand strategy. This is not NCAA football where a loss drops you in the polls.

ItsTime
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I agree with this. It will be another close 345. I do think we will bet Rudy again and I see it hard to believe we will lose to Huckabee.

Only signs I see in peoples yards are Romney Ron Paul and McCain and in that order of the most I see.

I think a ton of indies are going to vote Dem this year. Hillary signs are EVERYWHERE.

Iowans have always been freaks when it comes to voting for Reps. As the saying goes "Iowans pick corn New Hampshire picks presidents"

Ron Paul is in this thing till the end. He is not going anywhere.

First off... McCain will NOT do 31% in NH. You are right that he might win or do high, but not 31%. Rommney will not do 30% in NH. Giuliani will do better than 10% so that is accurate. Huckabee will be near 7 % and Thompson higher near 11%. Expect Paul to be 3 - 4 or 5th place here also.

You have to look at the entire picture to understand strategy. This is not NCAA football where a loss drops you in the polls.