PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in UK and Ireland (how we can help) raise awareness

TheBaz
01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
The msm media may marginalise RP because they don't agree with his message, the UK must not be allowed to emulate this. Rupert Murdoch owns and controls several UK-based media outlets. He must be made to feel the pain in the UK too, he can't mess with the US and think he has immunity just because he has fox news (and several other hundreds of media outlets). I propose we contact the UK outlets and voice our displeasure. I also propose we contact the companies that advertise in these publications/broadcasts, sending CCs to the original publications. In other words, RP supporters in UK open up another attack front. For the moment, I think he should feel the cost of the fox exclusion NH issue, however, I propose we consider making this a campaign-long process.
Feel free to post your own suggestions, opinions etc.

I have outlined a brief statement I intend to send to companies.

I intend to boycott your product and encourage my family and friends (immediate friends and online-based) to follow suit for this reason:
Considering the Rupert Murdoch's (i.e.your boss') driven approach to derail the democratic political process in the United States via the exclusion of viable presidential candidates from an important debate in New Hampshire before the primaries there, I find the notion of a propagandist media-mogul to be an unwelcome factor in the U.K. Therefore, I will not stand idly by while awaiting the same stranglehold to claw its way into U.K. politics. Since your product associates itself with a Murdoch product, I will boycott it until it withdraws its support. I will encourage other people I am in contact with to contact you to inform you of there concern.
Regards,
Barry.

rodneytrotter
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
The BBC also omits out Ron Paul from its reporting, I think some people complained and they made some attempt to placate them for a few days then returned to ignoring him. I never have had sky as I never trusted Murdoch. However , the telegraph seems to be operating without his direct input at the moment.

Are you aware of the undemocratic nature of the EU ? and "common purpose"

Mattsa
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
The BBC also omits out Ron Paul from its reporting, I think some people complained and they made some attempt to placate them for a few days then returned to ignoring him. I never have had sky as I never trusted Murdoch. However , the telegraph seems to be operating without his direct input at the moment.

Are you aware of the undemocratic nature of the EU ? and "common purpose"

After making a few telephone complaints to the BBC, I wrote to them back in December regarding their exclusion of Ron Paul in their election coverage.

This is the reply I received joanna Bower at BBC Information

12 January 2008

Dear Mr *****

Thankyou for your letter of 28th December which arrived at BBC Information 10 January.

I understand you feel there has not been enough coverage of Congressman Ron Paul's campaign to become the Republican candidate for President

The BBC is more than aware that a report of great interest to one sector of our audience may be of little interest to another. Our audiences do not look at events in the same way, and there is no universal news agenda that applies to all. The time given to each issue or report in the news has much to do with whether it is news that has just come in and needs immediate coverage, how unusual it is and how much national interest there is in the subject matter. The choice has to be selective and no matter how carefully such decisions are made, news editors are all aways aware that some people may disagree with them.

However, I would like to assure you that I have registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we complile daily for all programme makers and commisioning exectutives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

You may have heard Ron Paul's son Rand being interviewed by Simon Mayo on BBC Radio 5 Live. The interview is available as the Daily Mayo podcast at:

www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/mayo/ ..........(since deleted or removed)

There is further coverage of the road to the election at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/americas/2008/vote_usa_2008/default.stm

Thank you again for your interest in the BBC and for taking the trouble to write.

Yours sincerely

Joanna Bower

BBC Information

It's the usual BS kind of response that I expected from the BBC. It is no different from privately owned news organizations whose remit is to manufacture news rather than to report it. The difference is that the BBC is funded with taxpayers' money which makes their failure to report what's actually going on in the world even more repugnant and disgusting.

I can't actually be bothered to reply for the simple reason that it is a complete waste of time petitioning news organizations that do not represent free speech and democracy anymore.

The fact that the BBC has ignored COMPLETELY the biggest grassroots political movement in over 60 years and it excluded any mention of Ron paul from the recent Florida debate, despite having published coverage of the Florida Republican debate on its website is sufficient proof to me that the BBC has been hijacked by the 'Dark Side.'

The BBC has become shamelessly politicized. It is a propaganda mouthpiece for the Statist globalist agendas being rammed down our throats in preperation for EU intgration, the end of UK sovereignty and independence.

My response will be this:

The television is going..........

No more BBC or Murdoch propaganda BS in my home. The propaganda box is going to the local second hand shop. I will refuse to pay the BBC license fee any longer.

Better to rely on the internet for the truth.......for the time being at least.

To all my British compatriots out there, be under no illusions. The UK is now a statist, totalitarian state.

For more information on the UK's slide into fascism, visit

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm

Vernon Coleman's views on the state of the UK are pretty spot on in my opinion. He doesn't like the BBC very much either!