PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Call: We Need to Herd the Sheep to Win

Rob
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm afraid many of you have a distorted vision of the population of the United States. The vast majority of people are not educated, free-thinking minds; they're sheep.
Don't believe me?
How many people believed Iraq had WMD's?
How many people still believe Iraq had WMD's?
What was Bush's approval rating throughout most of his presidency?
How did Bush get re-elected?
How many people only get their news from TV vs. how many actually read and & research?

If you seriously answer those questions, I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that most of the US isn't comprised of ignorant sheep.

Ron Paul and many of you are under the belief that most people will somehow "wake up" and become intelligent and rational. We can "wake up" those who are are intelligent and rational, but that will not work with those who aren't.

The sad part is that a very large group of Americans, perhaps, even a majority aren't intelligent or rational, but those people go out and vote and their votes count the same as everyone else's. In fact that may even vote in greater percentages because the intelligent and rational people are often jaded and don't vote because they think things are hopeless.

We need to doing a better job of appealing to idiots, or else we're capping our potential support base. We need to target ignoramuses and speak in the language they can understand. We need to use tactics that address them. We need them if we're going to win the nomination.

With all that being said I have some suggestions for tactics/ideas we can use to appeal to morons. Please feel free to discuss and add your own.

1. Portray Ron Paul as the underdog struggling against the evil establishment.
The American masses love underdogs. Just look at what sports teams people follow and those they hate. Look at film, everything from the Rocky series to Erin Brokovich, screams Americans love underdogs. Ron Paul actually is a an underdog, so this is an easy fit.

2. Talk about how Ron Paul is winning.
Don't even bother saying he can win. Just say he is winning. Americans love supporting winners. Talk over an over again about how much money we're raising (Americans love to hear about that, look at what gets us MSM attention). Talk about the debate polls. Talk about the Straw polls. If your listeners express uncertainty, tell them confidently that that those things do mean something and are an indicator of how he's going to win. Even if you don't quite believe this notion entirely yourself, say the points as if you did anyway. Trust me I've seen from experience how well this attracts sheep. If they leave the conversation thinking than we're doing better than we actually are, and enough people start believing that we're winning, then we will in fact be winning.

3. Don't talk about complicated and scary things.
If you have spend more than 30 seconds explaining the why behind something, it's too complicated for an idiot. If you're trying to convince liberal morons, talk about how Ron Paul is anti-war and opposes bush. If you're around conservative morons, talk about getting rid of the IRS or how Ron Paul is Pro-life. DO NOT try to explain to them his nuanced States Rights perspective, that will go way over their heads and make them think he's not Pro-life. We're nearly all intelligent here, so I'm sure most of you will be able to afflictively ID your audience and say the right things most of the time. Also try to avoid subjects you won't think will be popular if possible.

With all that said, DO NOT stop trying to wake up those rational people out there. However, if you always begin speaking with the simple, more universally liked messages, you can then give more detailed explanations if your listeners start asking more detailed questions. If you always start simple, then go into detail, you don't risk losing the idiots who will be turned off by your complicated message.

As much as I personally hate dealing with sheep, I'm fairly successful in talking to them. I know many of you here loathe them as well, but I hope that you realize we're not going to win without their support. Like everyone else, please treat them politely, and speak to them what their concerns are so that we have the best chance of making them supporters.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
+1

1913_to_2008
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm afraid many of you have a distorted vision of the population of the United States. The vast majority of people are not educated, free-thinking minds; they're sheep.
Don't believe me?
How many people believed Iraq had WMD's?
How many people still believe Iraq had WMD's?
What was Bush's approval rating throughout most of his presidency?
How did Bush get re-elected?
How many people only get their news from TV vs. how many actually read and & research?

If you seriously answer those questions, I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that most of the US isn't comprised of ignorant sheep.

Ron Paul and many of you are under the belief that most people will somehow "wake up" and become intelligent and rational. We can "wake up" those who are are intelligent and rational, but that will not work with those who aren't.

The sad part is that a very large group of Americans, perhaps, even a majority aren't intelligent or rational, but those people go out and vote and their votes count the same as everyone else's. In fact that may even vote in greater percentages because the intelligent and rational people are often jaded and don't vote because they think things are hopeless.

We need to doing a better job of appealing to idiots, or else we're capping our potential support base. We need to target ignoramuses and speak in the language they can understand. We need to use tactics that address them. We need them if we're going to win the nomination.

With all that being said I have some suggestions for tactics/ideas we can use to appeal to morons. Please feel free to discuss and add your own.

1. Portray Ron Paul as the underdog struggling against the evil establishment.
The American masses love underdogs. Just look at what sports teams people follow and those they hate. Look at film, everything from the Rocky series to Erin Brokovich, screams Americans love underdogs. Ron Paul actually is a an underdog, so this is an easy fit.

2. Talk about how Ron Paul is winning.
Don't even bother saying he can win. Just say he is winning. Americans love supporting winners. Talk over an over again about how much money we're raising (Americans love to hear about that, look at what gets us MSM attention). Talk about the debate polls. Talk about the Straw polls. If your listeners express uncertainty, tell them confidently that that those things do mean something and are an indicator of how he's going to win. Even if you don't quite believe this notion entirely yourself, say the points as if you did anyway. Trust me I've seen from experience how well this attracts sheep. If they leave the conversation thinking than we're doing better than we actually are, and enough people start believing that we're winning, then we will in fact be winning.

3. Don't talk about complicated and scary things.
If you have spend more than 30 seconds explaining the why behind something, it's too complicated for an idiot. If you're trying to convince liberal morons, talk about how Ron Paul is anti-war and opposes bush. If you're around conservative morons, talk about getting rid of the IRS or how Ron Paul is Pro-life. DO NOT try to explain to them his nuanced States Rights perspective, that will go way over their heads and make them think he's not Pro-life. We're nearly all intelligent here, so I'm sure most of you will be able to afflictively ID your audience and say the right things most of the time. Also try to avoid subjects you won't think will be popular if possible.

With all that said, DO NOT stop trying to wake up those rational people out there. However, if you always begin speaking with the simple, more universally liked messages, you can then give more detailed explanations if your listeners start asking more detailed questions. If you always start simple, then go into detail, you don't risk losing the idiots who will be turned off by your complicated message.

As much as I personally hate dealing with sheep, I'm fairly successful in talking to them. I know many of you here loathe them as well, but I hope that you realize we're not going to win without their support. Like everyone else, please treat them politely, and speak to them what their concerns are so that we have the best chance of making them supporters.

You're right...

How many know 911 was an inside job?

How many know where going into a depression..?

How many know about the voter fraud?

Maybe you even don't.. I know half the people on this board don't.

Rob
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
You're right...

How many know 911 was an inside job?

How many know where going into a depression..?

How many know about the voter fraud?

Maybe you even don't.. I know half the people on this board don't.

Let's try to leave the 911 stuff out of this thread. Regardless of your position on that, you have to see that many Americans cannot think critically and miss things that I'm sure you and basically everyone here would consider painfully obvious, more obvious that the events surrounding September 11th.