PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Are Ready To Quit After One Crappy State

scooter
01-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Please go away. You were never a real supporter of the cause. You were probably just here because you thought it would be cool to support an underdog candidate that you thought might be able to upset the establishment.

If you truly believe in liberty and the goals Paul is fighting for, you would never give up so easily.

I'm not saying that it's bad to be negative. We're all upset that Iowa didn't go as planned. But to use that as an excuse to give up is ridiculous. You should be onboard the movement all the way to the end whether Ron Paul wins or loses bigtime.

Remember, this true movement had nothing to do with a guy named Ron Paul. He just happened to be a public figure who was championing it.

CapitalistRadical
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Right on. Think long-term. Losing is just nature's way of telling us we need to keep fighting.

apc3161
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Remember, this true movement had nothing to do with a guy named Ron Paul. He just happened to be a public figure who was championing it.

I agree with that.

But seriously, the campaign has plenty of money now; they have to bring in real professionals to get stuff done now. They are so far our of their league now, I mean they haven't even updated their web page yet. No one expected Paul to come this far or raise so much money, the campaign managers have to suck of their pride, step aside, and bring in real professional campaign managers.

partypooper
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Please go away. You were never a real supporter of the cause.

and if you were a "real" supporter of the cause you would not be pushing people out because their devotion is not pure enough - and all that at the moment when supporters are more needed than ever.

Rob
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Please go away. You were never a real supporter of the cause. You were probably just here because you thought it would be cool to support an underdog candidate that you thought might be able to upset the establishment.

If you truly believe in liberty and the goals Paul is fighting for, you would never give up so easily.

I'm not saying that it's bad to be negative. We're all upset that Iowa didn't go as planned. But to use that as an excuse to give up is ridiculous. You should be onboard the movement all the way to the end whether Ron Paul wins or loses bigtime.

Don't go away and don't give up either, we can still do this!

If you do give at least keep telling people how great he is and vote for him. It's not like it takes that much of your time anyway. Then if he does win you can tell everyone later you voted for him, so you can feel smarter and better than them. ;)

pacelli
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Its OK to feel a sense of disappointment. Our movement has lead to an excitement which, in our minds, translates to Ron Paul earning first place. But we need to lick our wounds quickly and increase voter showing in the next round. We must place well in New Hampshire. The campaign plays their game, we play ours.

Iowa was a caucus state, no absentee ballots, right? If true, that means active military overseas, as well as the thousands of college students on break did not have an opportunity to vote.

RK Cowan
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Maybe its time for RP supporters to get a bit more realistic. We all support the positions Paul stands for, but to the mainstream they're going to sound kooky. He wants to legalize drugs, go back to a gold standard, abolish the IRS and income tax, get rid of overseas bases, and abandon NAFTA, the WTO and the U.N. Take anyone one of these positions and he's going to sound out there, and he's an entire package. Hard sell I'd say. Were he does pander to the mainstream, immigration, he loses many of his core constituents. I think people should be happy he's still out there and attracting attention and continues to bring new people to our side. Just my two cents worth.

Drknows
01-04-2008, 08:48 AM
they may take Iowa, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

apc3161
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Maybe its time for RP supporters to get a bit more realistic. We all support the positions Paul stands for, but to the mainstream they're going to sound kooky. He wants to legalize drugs, go back to a gold standard, abolish the IRS and income tax, get rid of overseas bases, and abandon NAFTA, the WTO and the U.N. Take anyone one of these positions and he's going to sound out there, and he's an entire package. Hard sell I'd say.

Yes, but when you are well familiar with these subjects you will discover that Ron Paul is actually right on these issues. The official campaign should be going around and explaining to people WHY he holds these views, and they have to do it in an articulate manner. You can't expect people to understand WHY he holds these views.

realist
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
With all due respect, could you explain your logic of telling folks to leave a group who's sole purpose is to attract more people?

Everyones entitled to their opinion- BUT CLEARLY - many hear are misguided about what the goals are. This isn't a video game- we need all the support we can get and, we CAN learn from failure and criticism if we listen instead of just chearing louder and telling others they can't be in our clique.

Quick
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
You need to calm down. It isn't rare and it is understandable that people will be sad and/or disappointed.

Before you get on your soapbox and tell people to go away, why don't you address their feelings and understand that after a night of sleeping on it (myself included) that people might feel much better.

RK Cowan
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, but when you are well familiar with these subjects you will discover that Ron Paul is actually right on these issues. The official campaign should be going around and explaining to people WHY he holds these views, and they have to do it in an articulate manner. You can't expect people to understand WHY he holds these views.

It took me time to get familiar with these subjects. You're fighting against a lot of resistance and trying to reach a lot of people. I'm frankly impressed with how far he's getting. We're already sold, how are you going to sell everyone else?

JenaS62
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Exactly. Iowa is just a very small percentage of the United States population.

loupeznik
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM
No, Don't go away. We all need to understand that this isn't about winning an election. This is about getting out a message. Ron Paul isn't just a man. Ron Paul is the leader of a movement. This movement may take more than one election to succeed. I'm not saying that we don't need to try to win. I am saying that we can't give up if we loose. This movement can change America. This is where it starts, not where it ends.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 09:47 AM

I'd rather they regroup, refocus, and redouble their efforts. The only people I want to quit Ron Paul's campaign are the one's who are seeking to undermine it from within, but they will have to be exposed and dealt with.