PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman: Bush’s ‘Ratings Among Historians Will Be Greater ...

SeanEdwards
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/13/bush-lieberman-historians/

HEWITT: Oh, that’s fascinating. Last question, how do you think history’s going to evaluate George W. Bush?

LIEBERMAN: Well, I personally believe look, mistakes were made, and I know the polls are down, but I think on the largest issue of our time, which is the rise of Islamist extremism, that he will be judged as a president who saw the threat, and in the midst of an unpopular war, he stuck with it. And so I think overall, over time, his ratings among the historians will be greater than his ratings in the polls today.

Lieberman was then heard to say, "Has anyone seen my crack pipe?" ;)

beerista
07-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Historians also seem to like FDR, Wilson, and Lincoln. I'd say their credibility is to be questioned. And apparently so is Lieberman's.

austin356
07-16-2007, 11:43 PM
GB will be looked at as a greater failure in the future than he is now. Once the conservatives get over their blind loyalty and see they got hit by a Wilsonian RINO then that will blow his remaining support.

What did he accomplish?

I mean even his most libertarian thing he as done, tax cuts, have not really been tax cuts, as claims by the Mises Institute show; The CATO Institute has him ranked lower than Bill Clinton in presidential performance.