PDA

View Full Version : The tactical folly of trying to change the GOP. A plea to the Official Campaign.

RonPaulFTFW
01-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Will our abortion/immigration heavy message in Iowa hurt us in New Hampshire? It didn't help us in Iowa at all. I'll keep this short and to the point.

Young people came out and voted against the war, but they voted for obama, a candidate we have a proven record of stealing support from.

Christians came out and voted for Huckabee, proving two things. 1. That we cannot reform the GOP and expect them to warm to Paul's christian lifestyle. He follows a word of god they they do not understand. They are hopelessly plugged into the death of the GOP. 2. We cannot win trying to play the Republican game of politics as usual or trying to steal votes from the base.

If we want to do well in NH, and if we don't do well in NH we have a serious serious problem on our hands, we have to talk about CHANGE, the WAR, and CIVIL LIBERTIES. It's what got us this far, not talking about abortion.

Abortion will kill Dr. Paul's chances faster than.......well a late term abortion.

Please think about this and change your course fast.

dircha
01-04-2008, 08:07 AM
We can not win the Republican nomination appealing to young independent voters. They do not turn out. They didn't and they never do.

The Republican nominee is decided by predominately 45-64 year old conservatives who are satisfied with Bush.

billybigrigger
01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
wow, what a pointless post "wah wah wah, we did it wrong, see i told you, wah wah wah, do it my way blah blah blah."

You need to rethink your attitude if you want people to listen you. I hardly read your post after the first 2 lines cause I knew exactly the context of your post, the content after that was irrelevant.

If young people arent voting enough, help get them to vote, if others are voting for GOP frontrunners because they are uneducated, educate them.

Have a good idea to contribute? DONT BE AN ASS!!

Cleaner44
01-04-2008, 08:17 AM
These points are valid to a point. Iowa is NOT a cross section of America. Iowa never has represented how a candidate will do in the big picture.

What we saw was that christian GOP voter that still thinks Bush is a good honest guy. They are the minority in America.

RonPaulFTFW
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
We can not win the Republican nomination appealing to young independent voters. They do not turn out. They didn't and they never do.

The Republican nominee is decided by predominately 45-64 year old conservatives who are satisfied with Bush.

Right because they turned out and made obama the winner?

were you not paying attention last night?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
If we want to do well in NH, and if we don't do well in NH we have a serious serious problem on our hands, we have to talk about CHANGE, the WAR, and CIVIL LIBERTIES. It's what got us this far, not talking about abortion.

I agree with all of that. And Paul needs to stop acting surprised about his fundraising success and support, since it's brought up so often. It makes him look silly, and incompetent.

He needs to be saying "I knew that when people heard my message of freedom and economic prosperity, they'd be coming in droves. Now we're going to stand together and fight the poltical corruption, bring home the troops, and preserve the rights of ordinary Americans."

RonPaulFTFW
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
These points are valid to a point. Iowa is NOT a cross section of America. Iowa never has represented how a candidate will do in the big picture.

What we saw was that christian GOP voter that still thinks Bush is a good honest guy. They are the minority in America.

My point is if we can't focus our message here we can't do it anywhere.

We didn't play to our strengths and could have done much better regardless of what kind of state Iowa is.

stevedasbach
01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
One more point -- the exit polls showed that the economy was Paul's strongest issue. People are worried about rising oil prices, the falling dollar, debt to China, falling home prices, etc. Paul is the only candidate addressing these issues. Plus, his views align well with Republican voters.

RonPaulFTFW
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Also you can't just saying that Iowa is a crazy, religious state of white people.

If that was true than Obama wouldn't have won.

You can't have it both ways.

facts are we didn't do our job, and by WE I mean he official campaign.