PDA

View Full Version : inexpensive television advertising

Roxi
07-16-2007, 07:21 PM
OK i have not looked into this very well, but i saw a commercial for this a bit ago so....thoughts????

http://www.spotrunner.com/

it might be just what we need for getting the word out...hell a couple of the vids that are already on youtube would be good enough if they were short

Roxi
07-16-2007, 07:53 PM
apparently no one has thoughts on this???

MozoVote
07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Television is a harder medium to evaluate nowadays. Cable has fragmented it into so many channels, it's hard to guage it's reach. It sure was simpler in the "3 network" days.

Not disagreeing though, there there is a point where the campaign should participate there.

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
i'm broke, but i don't see it as a bad idea.

BLS
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I think it's too early to run TV ads personally.

First off, it's summer...people are out and about. That means less exposure per dollar spent. 2nd, it's too early in the campaign. I personally think it would make more sense to do it in September after Ron Paul makes a splash in the Iowa Debates (which he will).

3rd...what he needs right now is $$...plain and simple.

If we can get him a $20,000,000 by December, I say he hits the NFL Playoffs and World Series HARD. Get people to listen and know him.

We also need to keep recruiting RP supporters.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 08:07 PM
$55k 8wks "special event", major nets...

Hhmmm...?

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
It's a good bargain, but way out of my price range. i haven't made that much in the last two years.

Man from La Mancha
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
If Ron needs money now he should spend the $300,000 for a week of nationwide saturation on political talk radio in 60 cities and probably generate millions in donations. At least pay for the ads.

Tuck
07-16-2007, 08:58 PM
My sister uses spot runner for her advertising and its a lot cheaper than I thought. For example she ran a 30 second commercial for 3 days in a row on a local NBC news affiliate during the 6pm news. They charged $560 a day for the 30 second spot that had 60,000 viewers at the time it was aired. I'm sure the campaign is already considering tv advertising in Iowa but they don't want to burn out too quick. There are reports already of Romney struggling to keep donations up and everybody already knows what happened to McCain. In the 2 or 3 weeks up to Ames would probably be the best time to start airing commercials. $560 for every 30 seconds doesn't sound like much but when you consider that most cities have at least 4 different evening news channels and twice as many morning shows and then the costs on advertising on all of the other channels its easy to burn through $300,000 quickly.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
My sister uses spot runner for her advertising and its a lot cheaper than I thought. For example she ran a 30 second commercial for 3 days in a row on a local NBC news affiliate during the 6pm news. They charged $560 a day for the 30 second spot that had 60,000 viewers at the time it was aired. I'm sure the campaign is already considering tv advertising in Iowa but they don't want to burn out too quick. There are reports already of Romney struggling to keep donations up and everybody already knows what happened to McCain. In the 2 or 3 weeks up to Ames would probably be the best time to start airing commercials. $560 for every 30 seconds doesn't sound like much but when you consider that most cities have at least 4 different evening news channels and twice as many morning shows and then the costs on advertising on all of the other channels its easy to burn through $300,000 quickly.

$1180 for three days...

Hhmmm...

intuit
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I loved the add selections. Great idea roxic27 http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnfXxZWtRA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUnfXxZWtRA)

Roxi
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
thanks like i said i did no research on it...i do agree a couple spots in iowa right before ames (we do have less than a month) would be the most for the money

i had never heard of spot runner before this morning so i just wanted to see what the thoughts were...when it gets closer to time and HQ isnt so bogged down ill email joe about it