PDA

View Full Version : The math for NH

Johnnybags
01-04-2008, 07:20 AM
We know the turnout will be more than 2000. Estimate 350,000 in NH for the Republicans based on Iowa growth.

Density of NH contributors fare more than double Iowa.

350,000 * 20 percent max is 70,000 votes to get in the top tier.

Its simple, if we do not organize an army to drive people to the polls and identify them we will not get 70,000 votes. Paul thought he had 10's of thousands in Iowa, probably did but 1/2 did not get there. The church busses gave Huckabee a win over Romneys rides.

WE NEED OPERATION RIDE TO THE POLLS or we will not get near 70k votes. The campaign needs a war room and volunteers.

I think we squandered an opportunity for third thru lack of cohesion.

QuesoPantera
01-04-2008, 07:29 AM
+1
Forward thinking strategy over bitching... I like it!

come on sheeple, get back on the wagon

freelance
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
We know the turnout will be more than 2000. Estimate 350,000 in NH for the Republicans based on Iowa growth.

Its simple, if we do not organize an army to drive people to the polls and identify them we will not get 70,000 votes. Paul thought he had 10's of thousands in Iowa, probably did but 1/2 did not get there. The church busses gave Huckabee a win over Romneys rides.

WE NEED OPERATION RIDE TO THE POLLS or we will not get near 70k votes. The campaign needs a war room and volunteers.

We lost third place in Iowa by less than 1000 votes!!!

It is essential that we drive, find babysitters, whatever it takes to get our voters to the polls. This is job one.

With 96% reporting:

http://www.politico.com/iowacaucuses/iowamap-popup.html

Idyil
01-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I lol'd when you wrote "This campaign needs a war room"

But I support your message entirely. People need to get off the computers and help out. Computer support is great but it needs to reflect into real votes.

mollila
01-04-2008, 07:40 AM
It is essential that we drive, find babysitters, whatever it takes to get our voters to the polls. This is job one.
+1

Meetup groups could start recruiting student supporters not old enough to vote as babysitter volunteers on call for the caucus date.

Johnnybags
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Not only had motivated support but had an operation to basically buy a vote by getting them there. However, I expected 10-12 percent based on contributions per million, Iowa was in the 200's, NH is in the 500's. More meetup members in NH as well. Our upside is double realistically or 20 percent. We will need over 60 thousand and probably 70,000 votes. It can only be accomplished thru getting them there. It must be coordinated at the campaign level with volunteers. There should be no excuse for a meetup member or contributor not being able to show up, its 53 degrees in Manchester that day and mild, send the army to drive people to the polls.

Slist
01-04-2008, 07:45 AM
+1

Meetup groups could start recruiting student supporters not old enough to vote as babysitter volunteers on call for the caucus date.

+1

GunnyFreedom
01-04-2008, 07:47 AM

http://research.yale.edu/GOTV/

Slist
01-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Bump!

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
We can buy buses and drivers for a day. The grass-roots is capable of everything. The official campaign is incapable of manging something like this for us! We HAVE to do it ourselves!

Eric21ND
01-04-2008, 08:18 AM

I've been saying this for a while. We need an organized effort of volunteers who can give rides to people to and from the polls. We also need to set up baby sitters if needed, whatever it takes.

Slist
01-04-2008, 08:36 AM
We can buy buses and drivers for a day. The grass-roots is capable of everything. The official campaign is incapable of manging something like this for us! We HAVE to do it ourselves!

I would even bet some supporters (maybe outside NH) have some buses or large cars and would drive.

It would be fantastic to organize this, either with someone central assigning routes or through a website... something HAS to be done in that regard ASAP

jorlowitz
01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Is your math right. Should we divide that 350,000 by 2 first to account for the Democrats? That would mean only 35,000 voters. Not sure...

FreeTraveler
01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I would even bet some supporters (maybe outside NH) have some buses or large cars and would drive.

It would be fantastic to organize this, either with someone central assigning routes or through a website... something HAS to be done in that regard ASAP

OK! We need a volunteer to step in, get a site going, and make this happen. Who's gonna be the next Trevor?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM

Exactly! We need a forum, a WAR ROOM, for New Hampshire, so we can efficently, effectively coordinate everything! I have an active thread on this idea in this forum, let's get behind this so we can focus in the most capable manner, apply our lessons from Iowa, and make this beautiful thing happen! :)

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 08:58 AM
OK! We need a volunteer to step in, get a site going, and make this happen. Who's gonna be the next Trevor?

No! A site is too ineffective! We need to centralize all of our focus and energy into something that we can all access and put forth our input and ideas and energy! We need a New Hampshire WAR Room, right here! We need coordination and organization! Websites are isolated islands that make it much more difficult to be effective! :)

homah
01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
It's really disturbing to me that you have to offer rides and babysitters to get people to vote, especially in non-caucus states. I mean, how hard is it to take your kids with you or arrange for a neighbor to watch them for a few hours? People are so lazy in this country.

Talldude1412
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
It's really disturbing to me that you have to offer rides and babysitters to get people to vote, especially in non-caucus states. I mean, how hard is it to take your kids with you or arrange for a neighbor to watch them for a few hours? People are so lazy in this country.

Its just so darn inconvenient to perform your obligation as a citizen sometimes! :rolleyes:

freelance
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM

It may be disturbing (it IS), but it might have made all the difference last night. Apparently, the buddy system is not enough.

homah
01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
It may be disturbing (it IS), but it might have made all the difference last night. Apparently, the buddy system is not enough.

It definitely makes a difference. It just saddens me that it does.

NinjaPirate
01-04-2008, 09:32 AM
We lost third place in Iowa by less than 1000 votes!!!
http://www.politico.com/iowacaucuses/iowamap-popup.html

from http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#IA

Iowa

Updated 1:05 a.m. EDT, Jan 4, 2008

County Results

Entrance Poll
Huckabee 39,814 34% 17 95%
reporting
Romney 29,405 25% 12
Thompson 15,521 13% 3
McCain 15,248 13% 3
Paul 11,598 10% 2
Giuliani 4,013 4% 0
Hunter 515

It looks to me that Paul lost 3rd by several thousand votes. So, either A) your math is wrong or you have received numbers somewhere else, B) my math is wrong, C) CNN flubbed on the totals, or D) there's some factor that I'm not accounting for. Which one is it?