PDA

View Full Version : Something else I noticed from the CSPAN2 coverage

GodOfThunder
01-04-2008, 07:03 AM
I'm sure those who watched saw the doofus get up and talk about McCain. He was dressed up nice in his suit and spoke clearly about McCain.

Then, did you notice how high McCain's numbers were from that room full of people?

I have the feeling that there were a lot of undecided old folks in that room, and most likely every other room across Iowa last night. If we could have had one person, speaking in simple terms and speaking clearly, in those rooms, we would have done much better.

yheaok123
01-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Lets fix it for NH, we need to come up one person to talk in each precint and what they are going to say in simple terms.

ConstitutionGal
01-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I noticed that in the precinct that C-SPAN2 aired that they had to ASK for someone to represent Ron Paul and that NO ONE spoke up!! I couldn't believe it! This was something that I FULLY expected that the official campaign would have had handled weeks ago - making sure that there was a designated speaker at each and every precinct because it is well known that most folks are afraid/shy of speaking in front of groups. These speakers should have been picked well in advance to give them time to perfect and hone their 2 minute speeches. I think this is one of the things that we need to 'learn' from Iowa. We need to have every single precinct covered for the primaries to ensure, at least, that we have 'sign wavers' at EVERY SINGLE POLLING PLACE across the Nation. I know that this is something that the official campaign is now working on ( link (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=theresaharmon@tds.net)), but this should have been taken care of much soon IMHO.

Now then, with THAT out of the way, I think we still made an admirable showing in Iowa due to its demographic - older, die-hard, Evangelical Republican voters who are only getting their news from TV and the local papers. Dr. Paul is seen in this demographic as a peace-nik and someone who wants to put the seniors out in the street by taking away their social security and medicare when he needs to be seen as someone who speaks softly and carries a big stick instead. Iowa only proves that name recognition is the key to winning I think it shows us how much harder we're going to have to work in those states that are still not Internet savvy - the older Republican base.

Stealth4
01-04-2008, 07:28 AM
I noticed that in the precinct that C-SPAN2 aired that they had to ASK for someone to represent Ron Paul and that NO ONE spoke up!! I couldn't believe it! This was something that I FULLY expected that the official campaign would have had handled weeks ago - making sure that there was a designated speaker at each and every precinct because it is well known that most folks are afraid/shy of speaking in front of groups. These speakers should have been picked well in advance to give them time to perfect and hone their 2 minute speeches. I think this is one of the things that we need to 'learn' from Iowa. We need to have every single precinct covered for the primaries to ensure, at least, that we have 'sign wavers' at EVERY SINGLE POLLING PLACE across the Nation. I know that this is something that the official campaign is now working on ( link (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=theresaharmon@tds.net)), but this should have been taken care of much soon IMHO.

Now then, with THAT out of the way, I think we still made an admirable showing in Iowa due to its demographic - older, die-hard, Evangelical Republican voters who are only getting their news from TV and the local papers. Dr. Paul is seen in this demographic as a peace-nik and someone who wants to put the seniors out in the street by taking away their social security and medicare when he needs to be seen as someone who speaks softly and carries a big stick instead. Iowa only proves that name recognition is the key to winning I think it shows us how much harder we're going to have to work in those states that are still not Internet savvy - the older Republican base.

No speaker in a Precint? On TV no less - thats an extreme dissapointment. Yes I had hoped the campaign would take care of that.

JS4Pat
01-04-2008, 07:39 AM
No speaker in a Precint? On TV no less - thats an extreme dissapointment. Yes I had hoped the campaign would take care of that.

Yes, that was just unforgivable that not one freakin well dressed Ron Paul supporter could stand up and speak for 2 minutes on why those in the room should support Dr. Paul. C'mon! How could that POSSIBLY happen???????

As far as changing that for New Hampshire. That opportunity won't be there because it is a Primary not a Caucaus.

ConstitutionGal
01-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Yes, that was just unforgivable that not one freakin well dressed Ron Paul supporter could stand up and speak for 2 minutes on why those in the room should support Dr. Paul. C'mon! How could that POSSIBLY happen???????

As far as changing that for New Hampshire. That opportunity won't be there because it is a Primary not a Caucaus.

Maybe not speakers but we certainly need 'sign wavers' at every polling location. We joke around here that folks will vote for either the person whose signs they see the most of or for the person whose name was on the last sign they saw before voting. We need to make double-damn sure that we have BOTH of those covered EVERYWHERE.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 07:49 AM

Yep, NH is only 4 days away - we need to forget Iowa, embrace the fact that we beat Giuliani, and focus our efforts on NH. Giuliani knew he had no shot in Iowa and his supporters are still faithful -- we really won't know much until results are in for super tuesday.

Our efforts are NOT in vain.

walt
01-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm sure those who watched saw the doofus get up and talk about McCain. He was dressed up nice in his suit and spoke clearly about McCain.

Then, did you notice how high McCain's numbers were from that room full of people?

I have the feeling that there were a lot of undecided old folks in that room, and most likely every other room across Iowa last night. If we could have had one person, speaking in simple terms and speaking clearly, in those rooms, we would have done much better.

+1

jillian
01-04-2008, 07:58 AM
we have got to get this taken care of

I think someone needs to compose a brief summary of Ron Paul's stances. Better yet, use a Slim Jim.

jeremycobert
01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
we have got to get this taken care of

I think someone needs to compose a brief summary of Ron Paul's stances. Better yet, use a Slim Jim.

a slim jim speech points would be nice. something a person could use at a vote day to sway the undecideds.